All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Biggie you strike me as a guy who likes to be quite controversial, I think there was a particularly nasty incident between Jim and a dab player called Craig Severin which might be why the dabs dislike him.  Think he was ex Hearts. 

What was the nasty incident?

13 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

A career ending tackle I think. Might be totally wrong tho

I was a 50-50 challenge, for which Goodwin was exonerated. Didn't stop the Arab fannies from whining about it for weeks afterwards.

In addition to the Armstrong elbow, I'm sure Goodwin also elbowed another United player, Aidan Connolly, and received a retrospective three match ban.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/90063/goodwins-regret-at-scott-severins-devastating-broken-leg/

Edited by FTOF

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thought it might have been something like that, we've been here before though, remember this guy............

Image result for fabian caballero dundee fc

Yip, sure do. The filth were pretty nasty towards the guy, we won’t stoop to those levels. 

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I was a 50-50 challenge, for which Goodwin was exonerated. Didn't stop the Arab fannies from whining about it for weeks afterwards.

In addition to the Armstrong elbow, I'm sure Goodwin also elbowed another United player, Aidan Connolly, and received a retrospective three match ban.

A photo of the elbow on Connolly required as evidence. 

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

A photo of the elbow on Connolly required as evidence. 

There's one just before the incident.

To be fair it was deserved.

He had just ushered the ball out for a goal kick whilst challenging Connolly. He then decided to elbow him in the face as an afterthought.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There's one just before the incident.

To be fair it was deserved.

He had just ushered the ball out for a goal kick whilst challenging Connolly. He then decided to elbow him in the face as an afterthought.

Just done a quick google search and he appears to have had quite a few run ins with Yenited. If this appointment happens it isn’t going to go down too well across the road. The Severin incident is horrific tho, never nice to see a player’s career ended by injury. 

Edited by Yenitit

Just done a quick google search and he appears to have had quite a few run ins with Yenited. If this appointment happens it isn’t going to go down too well across the road. The Severin incident is horrific tho, never nice to see a player’s career ended by injury. 
It was a very unfortunate incident. However, as discussed, on this occasion Goodwin was innocent. Your first derby next season should be even more interesting than it was going to be already. I'll be sure to watch on a Friday or Monday night on BT sports. [emoji1]

Right so there’s no revisionism, it looks like being Goodwin. I’m happy with that.
Nail your colours to the mast - has Nelms fucked this up or are you happy? If you’re happy how long a honeymoon period do you give him? For me a season and a half, unless we look like going down in which case Christmas. I’m talking to all of us but in particular G Man - come on bro - how do you feel?

I'm largely ambivalent about Goodwin, but would feel far better about it if we appointed someone in an oversight/DoF role, since I think that's the single biggest failing of the club since the Americans took over. I can't see it happening though, since that's something you sort out before you start evaluating and appointing management and coaching candidates.

All things considered I reckon Goodwin will be a good appointment.

I think it’s better to go for a relatively new manager with a bit of experience that is looking to move up in the game (Hartley) rather than a manager that has failed at a higher level (Mixu, Laszlo) and is on the way down.

Yeah I was there the day of Severin's leg break. It wasn't even a foul, no Utd players made anything of it and nor did Severin who actually tried to play on for 2 or 3 minutes. 

Was a horrible thing to happen. Had it been anyone else the Utd supporters wouldn't have taken any umbrage whatsoever but Goodwin was already in their bad books at that point. 

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Just done a quick google search and he appears to have had quite a few run ins with Yenited. If this appointment happens it isn’t going to go down too well across the road. 

The more I read, the more I like the guy. 

I don't want anyone else now.

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'm very tentative towards Goodwin. If I have to give my thoughts, I think he will fail. 

I hope he doesn't. 

Superb new profile pic Dele.

I take it you heard as well that the United club shop are selling their stationery sets half price.  Apparently they are missing 4 pens.