All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

After watching Hearts v Inverness my biggest fear for the season ahead is still Jack Hamilton. 

Aye, needed a soft Pen to beat ICT, not that ICT are mugs, but they are weaker looking than last season, on paper at least.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Piss on them, I like it. Even if we get gubbed, let’s just piss on them.

With Charlie Adam enlisted and Graham Dorrans hopefully finally re-ignited again, it's all about leadership and believe on the park, something that didn't clearly exist on or off the park last season, imho. Main issue remaining is who operates up top, or is indeed registered and fit to do so at the moment.

Positive thoughts only for next Friday evening however, let's set a marker.

Why not? Let's have em!!

Edit, Jack Hamilton, prove us all wrong young man.

Edited by This Charming Man

32 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Aye, needed a soft Pen to beat ICT, not that ICT are mugs, but they are weaker looking than last season, on paper at least.

That was never a penalty. Just the ref McLean making his mark on the game again. Always all about him. 

51 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

So true. It's been said by many of that squad that Jocky was their best ever manager. (Ggh the most notable)

He deserved to see out that season regardless of whether or not people thought we were bottling it. The squad lost all belief the moment he was punted.

By all accounts - Chisholm was a fucking moron when he came in. Griffiths - Whom despite the famous blog wasn't exactly loved by Jocky (He ensured Griffiths never got signed by Aberdeen) even went on about how shite Chisholm and in particular Dodds were just in the summer there.

Jocky would still be my go to guy if we needed someone short term to tide the squad over whilst we hunt for a good manager.

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So true. It's been said by many of that squad that Jocky was their best ever manager. (Ggh the most notable)

He deserved to see out that season regardless of whether or not people thought we were bottling it. The squad lost all belief the moment he was punted.

By all accounts - Chisholm was a fucking moron when he came in. Griffiths - Whom despite the famous blog wasn't exactly loved by Jocky (He ensured Griffiths never got signed by Aberdeen) even went on about how shite Chisholm and in particular Dodds were just in the summer there.

Jocky would still be my go to guy if we needed someone short term to tide the squad over whilst we hunt for a good manager.

We've made some absolutely mind-blowing managerial appointments over the years, but the club shitting it and appointing those two clowns was next-level stuff. You'd think the fact that Queens fans were almost universally not bothered/LOLing about it when rumours first broke might have been a warning. Jocky was treated poorly there, as he had been by the Marrs in the lead up to "the experiment".

FWIW I don't think we would have won the First that season anyway. Caley were on a ridiculously good run and were pretty much unstoppable, however the collapse once Jocky was binned was wild and I don't think the players had the slightest bit of respect for those two muppets. 

Tele is saying its a pay as you play deal so if he is still crocked or too pish to get a game then at least it won't cost us anything I guess.

McPake seems to think he'll link up well with the others so hopefully he's right and the lure of wages gets him wanting to stay fit and playing...

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/pay-as-you-play-deal-as-dundee-sign-former-united-striker-osman-sow/

6 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Tele is saying its a pay as you play deal so if he is still crocked or too pish to get a game then at least it won't cost us anything I guess.

McPake seems to think he'll link up well with the others so hopefully he's right and the lure of wages gets him wanting to stay fit and playing...

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/pay-as-you-play-deal-as-dundee-sign-former-united-striker-osman-sow/

God that's a relief, almost makes it seem like a worthwhile signing... the only caveat now being that he might stay fit but be shite, but I'll leave that for the actual competitive games.

Welcome to Dens, Osman - I've always been fully behind the idea to sign you...

One plus side to this little bug that's been going about for a while is that there won't be any boo-boys in the grounds to dent his confidence at the first sign of a misplaced pass or shot.