All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Derry O'Driscoll said:

Get roughly 4200 against us. Are you not handing over 3 stands against the OF anymore then? 

We gave them 3 full stands once in 19/20, and that's the only time we've done it in the past decade. Every other game they get, roughly, 4100 seats.

I've no idea where the myth has come from that we "hand the OF" our ground considering they get a bigger attendance at Dens.

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

They're behind both goals are they not? Packed out. Probably a few hundred in the main stand as well, the home side down the pitch is half empty.

Thank you.

Yeah, but our end stands are are both under 2k.

Rangers got the usual allocation in our last game, and it was around 4100 seats.

Home end is always empty v the OF, usually lower than our season ticket sales tbh. Folk just can't be arsed with their shite considering we use hike the prices up too. 

55 minutes ago, Derry O'Driscoll said:

Also doing bring a friend for Saturday as well, so hopefully anyone that wants to go but is put off by the price can get a voucher off a season ticket holder for a freebie. 

Is it? I had no idea. The wife is not a fan of football, but try and keep her away now she has the opportunity to shout abuse at Rangers fans for free.

I think you can tell who's never played football when they say Griffiths should be burying that chance in the second half.  Ronaldo wouldn't have scored that c'mon now.  

Sheridan however...

Don’t agree. Sheridan is 22 yards from goal when he receives the ball on his chest. He has a defender closing in on his left. Penalties from 12 yards, dead ball, no defenders are missed all the time. He chests it past the defender, he then needs to take it on his thigh, is about to shoot and Mulgrew makes a sensational tackle. There’s no way that’s a ‘how did he miss’.
Griffiths is 5 yards out, could have even let it drop.
Neither are simple.
We go through phases of demonising players and letting others off. Everything used to be Cammy’s fault. Now he’s back in the fold. I thought Cammy had a typical ‘limited’ performance on Saturday. Now it’s Fontaine and Sheridan - the latter after he’s played less than 90 minutes in total.
The biggest culprit for United’s goal was the keeper, however he’s another who currently can do no wrong. We swap keepers on Sunday and you swap the score.
Have to say Mulgrew is exactly what we could do with.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We gave them 3 full stands once in 19/20, and that's the only time we've done it in the past decade. Every other game they get, roughly, 4100 seats.

I've no idea where the myth has come from that we "hand the OF" our ground considering they get a bigger attendance at Dens.

Yeah, but our end stands are are both under 2k.

Rangers got the usual allocation in our last game, and it was around 4100 seats.

Home end is always empty v the OF, usually lower than our season ticket sales tbh. Folk just can't be arsed with their shite considering we use hike the prices up too. 

Fair enough, although on tv it looks like they are ruling the soul-less concrete box stadium.

Thank you.

Fontaine and Sheridan don't get 'boo boy' status. They get called shit when they play shit.

A player that I did notice getting an unfair level of venom directed his way was Jakubiak. He didn't play great and is partly culpable for the goal but boys were about bursting a blood vessels shouting 'he's shite!!!'

Fontaine and Sheridan don't get 'boo boy' status. They get called shit when they play shit.
A player that I did notice getting an unfair level of venom directed his way was Jakubiak. He didn't play great and is partly culpable for the goal but boys were about bursting a blood vessels shouting 'he's shite!!!'

Can we honestly say Sheridan was ‘shit’ yesterday? If he was shit what were Griffiths and McMullan?

There's part of me that kinda wants to see two up front, but with Sheridan alongside Griffiths or Cummings. The latter two are pretty similar, and I wonder what a target man could do to help them. Maybe wait for the Scottish Cup if we draw a lower league team though lol.

There's part of me that kinda wants to see two up front, but with Sheridan alongside Griffiths or Cummings. The latter two are pretty similar, and I wonder what a target man could do to help them. Maybe wait for the Scottish Cup if we draw a lower league team though lol.

Without Adam, whose inclusion stops us playing 2 strikers, where we see a drop off in midfield creativity and we start playing more hoofball, it’s a no brainer.

sheridan could still be playing now and will still not have taken that fucking shot.

Hmm.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Any striker with a semblance of awareness either takes the shot on or gets his body between ball and defender. 

Sheridan done neither. Pickles my head folk can defend that yesterday. 

He’s also slower than a quadriplegic turtle

Here we were all shouting at the dabs for charging £30 for the derby and then we go and charge £30 for the rangers 2012.

Even offering a £50 package option to see both of the ugly sisters which is a grand £2 saving Vs buying 2 individual tickets 2 years ago.

I really don't like where Scottish football is heading. Sure there was a pandemic and the club's lost money, but so did most of the fans. 🤦🏿‍♂️

The thing that annoyed me about Sheridan yesterday was his inability to control a simple pass to him and then lost possession which he did repeatedly against Celtic and Motherwell. What could and should be the beginning of a move ends up with the opposition having the ball yet again. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's that then, Dundee have toppled beyond what I'm willing to pay for this standard of football. I'll watch on from afar forever more. I will also be emailing my thought on the matter to the club. 

The atmosphere will be terrible so I'd probably say just the Coxy. Usually the Derry though. 

Not better getting a season ticket? Basically works out at £7 per week. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Any striker with a semblance of awareness either takes the shot on or gets his body between ball and defender. 

Sheridan done neither. Pickles my head folk can defend that yesterday. 

100% this.