All things Dundee FC

29 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Byrne being linked with Lincoln and Bradford, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him come back to us. He seems like a guy that would value staying in Scotland close to Dunfermline as well for his family. Had saw you offered him a new deal as well, how's he been over the course of it? Seemed like the right decision from us to let him go as we had better in Bartley and then Holt but seems like he'd be a decent option now.

In and out of the side most of it. McPake didn't seem to understand what type of player he was. Finally he figured out that he isn't a playmaker, isn't a runner, and just let him sit in front of the back four, break stuff up and crunch into the odd reducer, and he's looked a lot better for it. We've definitely missed him a lot since he got injured because we have absolutely nobody else at the club that can play that role, and since we really need a holding player between Adam and Anderson we've been a bit pish without him. Definitely want him back, even though he's unglamorous and gives the impression he could probably be replaced. Too many issues with this team already to add a Byrne replacement to the shopping list.

Edited by Boo Khaki

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’ve a strange way of treating your mates.  We had hospitality booked for this, pretty pissed off that we’re likely to miss it.

When you’re in hospitality in your top hat, cast your little binoculars over to the Derry and I’ll wave a middle finger at you

Sensible decision, gives us time to fix up our squad too, and we'll need it kitted out properly, as the games will come thick and fast when the break is over.
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7cee60b8251c12960354b1276d112899.png
image.thumb.png.d7f9fdbb5495463d30c1ee3b6082e99b.png

Agreed. This has landed nicely for us, providing we make some half decent signings.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

James McPake at Easter Road tonight watching Aberdeen.

Apparently Gallagher was rank tonight.

Unless he was watching Scott Allan? Maloney will be wanting to make changes in January, maybe a few Hibs players being offered around?

22 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Unless he was watching Scott Allan? Maloney will be wanting to make changes in January, maybe a few Hibs players being offered around?

Porteous towered over Gallagher for the winning goal tonight.

33 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Bearing in mind we play Aberdeen on boxing day, he was probably watching our upcoming opponents.

Haven't cracked open the Xmas day bevie have you Johnny. Absolutely fair play if you have.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Bearing in mind we play Aberdeen on boxing day, he was probably watching our upcoming opponents.

Haven't cracked open the Xmas day bevie have you Johnny. Absolutely fair play if you have.

Thank you.

Of course, duh 🙄, trust me to get 2+2 to equal 6! I blame @Ludo*1

15 hours ago, K.T said:

My Italian mate is moving to London mid January and I was looking forward to taking him to the derby to give him his first experience of sitting in the Derry, absolutely certain that his loyalty to Juventus would be replaced with the dark blue of Dundee. Not to be, sadly.

Thank you.

Is he a typical glory hunting Juve 'fan' or is he actually from Turin? 

Hopefully from Turin as we have enough kiddy-on fans in this country supporting clubs from different cities for the whole of Europe. 

I used to work with a couple of 'die-hard' Celtic fans and I'd actually been to Celtic Park more than both of them put together. 

DDYB. 

2 hours ago, Derryboy62 said:

Is he a typical glory hunting Juve 'fan' or is he actually from Turin? 

Hopefully from Turin as we have enough kiddy-on fans in this country supporting clubs from different cities for the whole of Europe. 

I used to work with a couple of 'die-hard' Celtic fans and I'd actually been to Celtic Park more than both of them put together. 

DDYB. 

He’s from Milan :lol: 

At Links Park last night watching Montrose v Peterhead. Cameron, Strachan and Mulligan playing for P'Head with Derek Lyle coming on for them in second half wearing No. 99. 

Mulligan was excellent playing centre mid. Ran the show until he was moved to right back late in the game. Decent shot on him too. Fired in a 25-yarder that keeper managed to tip over the bar. Picked up a needless booking for a cynical foul but showed that he could handle himself in that company. Different story in Premiership though. Lots of talk about him coming back in January, but, depending on who we bring in, might be better to leave him at Peterhead to get more game time. Better that than sitting on our bench beside Corey Panter.

33 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

At Links Park last night watching Montrose v Peterhead. Cameron, Strachan and Mulligan playing for P'Head with Derek Lyle coming on for them in second half wearing No. 99. 

Mulligan was excellent playing centre mid. Ran the show until he was moved to right back late in the game. Decent shot on him too. Fired in a 25-yarder that keeper managed to tip over the bar. Picked up a needless booking for a cynical foul but showed that he could handle himself in that company. Different story in Premiership though. Lots of talk about him coming back in January, but, depending on who we bring in, might be better to leave him at Peterhead to get more game time. Better that than sitting on our bench beside Corey Panter.

Not just replace him with Kerr or least have him fighting for his position. Elliot and kerr are both shit. However more game time is good however.