All things Dundee FC

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm currently converting the incidents into GIFs cause I'm a sad act like that but here's the first one.

ezgif.com-gif-maker(8).gif

He could have easily carded Anderson earlier in the game as well after the (imo good) tackle on Kingsley, so I suppose you could make of that what you will.

Some Jambo takes on the refereeing....

On 19/12/2021 at 12:13, Falcor Roar said:

Collum spoilt the game really, he blew the whistle for about 5 Dundee fouls which shouldn't have been given so the home support were not happy either.

On 18/12/2021 at 18:47, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I was more annoyed with Collum for him somehow not booking Anderson later for him scything Halliday.  Which tbf, I can't blame him for.

On 18/12/2021 at 19:03, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I mean it's his default tbf.  I don't think he favoured anyone, he's just  genuinely shite.  I thought we had a good shout for a penalty he ignored on McKay, but he gave a fair few soft free kicks to us on the edge of the box when we were defending.

He never seems to have control of a game

Edited by johnnydun

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

About time Collum got caught for his dodginess IMO.

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

After your clips, it's looking like, if there's anything in it, it's Collum.

I don’t think anything could unite Scottish football more than Collum being done for Match fixing. Feel all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it.

Edited by gannonball

Unfortunately Collum has years of strange, inconsistent, decisions to fall back on to prove there's nothing odd about him treating similar incidents differently.

But tbf most of them clips are understandable bookings. I think the Griffiths one is the worst but I dunno if he was booked for his reaction rather than the foul?

Griffiths was booked for persistent fouling. That was his fifth foul.

Investigations like this are obviously launched because the bookies have seen a flood of money on a very small market, not because the refereeing decisions were questionable. Could be wrong but I’m pretty sure this has nothing to do with Collum.

35 minutes ago, G51 said:

Investigations like this are obviously launched because the bookies have seen a flood of money on a very small market, not because the refereeing decisions were questionable. Could be wrong but I’m pretty sure this has nothing to do with Collum.

It was for the 'dissent' of bouncing the ball that Griffiths was booked for.

37 minutes ago, G51 said:

From reading the story I got the impression it was the players that they were going to investigate rather than Collum, I.e getting themselves deliberately booked. I may have misread it though. 

From reading the story I got the impression it was the players that they were going to investigate rather than Collum, I.e getting themselves deliberately booked. I may have misread it though. 

It is the players. Anyone who watches us regularly cannot be surprised at the 4 that got booked. Anderson is robust and I like that, McGowan and Mullen try like f**k for the team and I like that and Griffiths has forgotten he’s not playing for the arse cheeks.

How many players on the pitch were nearing the yellow card threshold? See where im going with this

It’s a fair question, but given that the players on the pitch were pretty much the only players we had at that moment, it’s hard to believe we would be trying to get suspensions.

IMO, there’s 2 cynical fouls (McGowan and Anderson) and 1 dissent (Griffiths) which will always be bookings. Mullen doesn’t even touch Haring I don’t think but if Collum thinks he does and it’s a foul it’s probably a yellow. Hard to see that there’s anything strange going on on the football side.

Aye, it’ll be the players rather than Collum that the investigation will revolve around.

I’m not sure exactly what the triggers are, but I remember reading something that for a bookmaker to raise an investigation around suspicious betting, it usually involves a pattern of bets (either large singles or numerous smaller bets) significantly larger than you would normally see on a particular market coming from multiple accounts. I think they also have the data available to see whether or not these accounts could be linked or associated persons.

So, if they’ve asked to open an investigation, it sounds as though they believe there has been some insider info leaked rather than it being punters have clocked that these specific players were likely to get booked and have taken advantage.

Looked at the story, looked at who the referee was.

On one hand, I do believe Dundee players would do this because, after all, their season has been awful so far and it's that sort of thing that hits your club when you are already in trouble.

On the other, it's Colum, who is simply a dreadful referee that takes his capriciousness very seriously and will book people on a whim.

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

Looked at the story, looked at who the referee was.

On one hand, I do believe Dundee players would do this because, after all, their season has been awful so far and it's that sort of thing that hits your club when you are already in trouble.

On the other, it's Colum, who is simply a dreadful referee that takes his capriciousness very seriously and will book people on a whim.

I don’t think Collum booking players is the issue, it’s any bets perceived to be suspicious surrounding the bookings.