All things Dundee FC

6 hours ago, Crawford said:

Meekings is comfortably in the 5 worst players that Dundee have had in the last 10 years.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Settle doon Crawf. 

I wouldn’t say he was that bad but personally i did think we were going to be getting a far better player than he was with us.  Injuries probably had a lot to do with it.  Dare I say, another player we chased long and hard after probably more because of his reputation than the player he actually was at the time of his signing?  

Still not as big a disappointment as El Bakhtaoui was though.

23 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Still not as big a disappointment as El Bakhtaoui was though.

Just Wiki'd El Bakhtaoui having seen him mentioned. 'Well were allegedly interested in him when he signed for you guys and I was quite disappointed we didn't get him, his record at Dunfermline had been superb.

That couple of seasons appears to have been the highlight of his entire career though as he has now landed up in Malta via Morocco and the Italian Serie D. Nice bit of paid globetrotting I suppose.

16 minutes ago, GooseLips said:

All for the young lads getting behind the team as god knows it can get toxic at times but naming their group after a bunch of fucking Nazi’s and copying a fascist logo is wrong on so many levels 

Combat 18/Section 186135C3A9-9115-4A0B-89C6-65E64FDCB266.thumb.jpeg.1d880755d9283c7a4145437cc8e2ae62.jpeg

58C30D92-62C7-4B2E-A646-6D8793657314.thumb.png.e3e4de693d3fad1bceb0a0697715437e.png

Zero hiding from that.

Time to see Dundee fans true colours here I guess. Do they push to get the young lads to change away from a neo-Nazi tribute act, or do they defend it blindly simply because its Dundee fans doing it?

46 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've just had a wee look. Turns out Cammy Kerr has been putting money into them. 

Tbf to him it seems like their logo only got unveiled recently?

The links were there but you could say it's just a coincidence if section 18 is where they sit? I've no idea how Dens is set up number wise.

The logo though 😂 impossible to deny what they're up to with that pish.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not too sure, I'm not giving it the time of looking into it. They've definitely been on the "people you may know" part of my Facebook for a while but again - I paid it little attention. 

They're bringing a drum anaw, by far the worst part of it all. :lol:

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The links were there but you could say it's just a coincidence if section 18 is where they sit? I've no idea how Dens is set up number wise.

The logo though 😂 impossible to deny what they're up to with that pish.

Would have to be a lot of coincidences there. Only adds to the growing apathy towards the club.

There's a 23 page thread on the Dundee forum where a guy was getting slaughtered for trying to be a killjoy for mentioning that the number 18 has links to Combat 18. It did seem an absolute stretch and the number does represent where they apparently sit, but now they've unveiled that logo and it's made that guy justified by his concerns would be gold thread worthy on here IMO.

1 minute ago, RawB93 said:

The worst part of this is it's led to me ending up on TDB for the first time in years. Why are one team forums so mental?

Link here if anyone fancies spending their morning getting raging.

Section 18 DSC. - Dundee FC Forum - The Dark Blues 

Some of it is absolutely hilarious now that the banner has came to light. Think a lot of people have been genuinely and naively hoodwinked by it.

10 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

The worst part of this is it's led to me ending up on TDB for the first time in years. Why are one team forums so mental?

Link here if anyone fancies spending their morning getting raging.

Section 18 DSC. - Dundee FC Forum - The Dark Blues 

Iain Davidson approves of this 

On a serious note I've still not been on this website/ forum you have posted up. This is my home 😀

I mean if anything it has gotten people speaking about a banner rather than that shite on the field. Some entertainment for tomorrow. 

I see this as a bad PR move in the making, if it's the young lad who does the YouTube videos (Hammyhd?) and his mates, then they are all just kids (and 1 adult). It could all be coincidence because they really don't look like a group of Neo Nazi's, but it's a hell of a lot of coincidences...

The number 18, does it have any relevance to area in the Derry where they are? I mean it's just a number, right? And if it is to do with where they sit then it's just a coincidence?

The skull on the fleg, lots of ultra groups have skulls on their flegs, the Green Brigade for instance, just a coincidence?

The Ferns on the fleg, the previous Dundee badge had this, just a coincidence?

The colours are our traditional club colours, you would expect it to be like this.

All pretty feasible things to have really, but put them all together and it looks pretty terrible.

I sit at the letter 'D' of the Derry and on a personal note, I don't look forward to the drum, however my experience has always been that it is the opposition with them, annoying as f**k. It may have the opposite effect if it's your own support? 

Change the name and the fleg to end all doubt, try the drum for a few games to see fit like, then carry on imo.

Edit, it is down in that bit of the Derry...

FOJvYraWYAMn2tA.jpeg.jpg.0664e30e9df3a2d4da2c5b82920a45c6.jpg

Edited by johnnydun

HammyHD is the Dee TV commentator these days, is he not?

There's a young lad that used to make cracking Dundee montage videos of former players that became the DeeTV commentator and deleted all his content. Sad times because his video packages were considerably better than DeeTV.

ETA: talking rubbish that YT account was called 'EthanJuplin' or something.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

HammyHD is the Dee TV commentator these days, is he not?

There's a young lad that used to make cracking Dundee montage videos of former players that became the DeeTV commentator and deleted all his content. Sad times because his video packages were considerably better than DeeTV.

ETA: talking rubbish that YT account was called 'EthanJuplin' or something.

No, he is down at the front of the Derry every game.