All things Dundee FC

33 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Legzdins(slow as f**k off his line), Marshall eyebleedingly bad, Sweeney in possession, McCowan off day, McMullens deliveries and Jakubiak poor.

All when it mattered. Where have we seen this all before. I said last week we shouldn't even be in a title race with the season we've had.

If these players can't go to Queens and win for the league title then it'll sum up many of their reigns of failure in Dark Blue. I'd like to say I was sitting there gutted after the game tonight but I simply sat in acceptance much of the second half that we're rotten and have hardly won a game in weeks.

Thank you.

Poorest standard of Dundee team and indeed league for that matter I can recall.

In fairness I missed out on the Kernaghan and Rae experiment due to work commitments, however this has been six years of constant pish now if I'm honest.

Prove us all wrong next Friday.

Thank you.

Decidedly trivial but also possibly controversial opinion...

I'm not a fan of the occasional snide remarks that come with the 50:50 draw at half-time. You just knew the stuff about time-wasting was going to come back and bite us tonight.

7 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Poorest standard of Dundee team and indeed league for that matter I can recall.

In fairness I missed out on the Kernaghan and Rae experiment due to work commitments, however this has been six years of constant pish now if I'm honest.

Prove us all wrong next Friday.

Thank you.

After years up here I actually think the league just gets fkn shite for the last quarter of games because there’s so much on line. I thought there were 7 good teams in it right up until a couple of months ago. 

I sat and watched that like a diehard Dundee fan and f**k me that was frustrating. Cove camped in their own box and Dundee barely put a good ball in the box all game. 

Mulligan for me is absolutely wasted at right back especially when a solid 7/10 right backs sitting on the bench. Maguire absolutely pish. Cameron looks to be massively overrated. Hannant what’s the point. The one player that always gives you the absolute fear when playing Dundee is McMullan and he got 20 minutes? 🤯 Robinson miles off it all night yet he stayed on and Jakubiak came off? I honestly have zero idea what Bowyer was doing and I thought you’d maybe nicked it when you hit the post but was not to be. 

For f**k sake. 

8 hours ago, K.T said:

I saw Simon Murray exit the Bobby Cox tonight after the game so at least we know who he’s rooting for. Would have him back next season if possible.

County gave him a 3 year contract which was the main factor in him moving there, so unless they stay up and they put him out on loan it's probably unlikely he'll be going anywhere.

18 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

County gave him a 3 year contract which was the main factor in him moving there, so unless they stay up and they put him out on loan it's probably unlikely he'll be going anywhere.

That’s a good contract for the lad at his age. All the best to him.

8 minutes ago, K.T said:

My understanding is that Dundee did offer him a deal, and we tried to get him extended too, but the length was what he based his decision on. Hard to be critical of for a guy who was just after having the best 6 months of his career at 30.

37 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

I cant see how this squad gets through play-offs. Just cant get the job done.  Either squeak or next Friday or its done. 

If we stay down how many would be kept on? God forbid. 

I think any Dundee fan who thinks we can get promoted either next week or through the play-offs is kidding themselves. I don’t feel that’s a negative opinion either, there’s nothing to suggest we have anything left to get over the line since we’ve failed to do so numerous weeks. If we can’t beat cove at home how can anyone realistically expect us to beat QP away.

as for the players, it’s hard to say. Players like Mulligan and McMullan were once some of the best in this league but for whatever reason they look a shadow of the players they were first half of season and I wouldn’t be bothered if they left. If we’re in the championship then having French, Cameron and McCowan would be a good start. Possibly Ashcroft/ Sweeney too. I think they’d be better with a better goalkeeper behind them. Loan players like Robinson on a permanent would be nice but don’t think that’s realistic.

7 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

You know it's bad when folk start saying we should sign Simon Murray FFS.

Next up, new 2 year deal for Cammy.

I think he’s proved he’s effective in this league man and I expect us to be here next season unfortunately.

Edit - I mean Murray. Cammy needs to leave 

Edited by K.T

If Queens need a point next week they'd be aswell continually kicking the ball out for Dundee corners - we're fucking rotten at them. Never seen a team with consistently so many honking deliveries from set-pieces.

Friday will be exciting, but it's a match any competent side would've avoided. These players will take us straight back down if kept on. Talking for myself but I've been blinded for some months during the season to the horrendous players we have simply cause we've always managed to stay in touch.

January hasn't worked either. Hannant, Kwame, Clampin and Maguire have all had their decent moments but overall haven't improved us as a squada and you couldnt pick any out as much better than McPakes Morons. January was always vital as Bowyer brought in a few more of his own but it's not worked.

We're on the verge of catastrophic failure of minter proportions not seen before. We have next week first though and of course promotion is more than do able.Over to the manager, staff and players.

Thank you.

Think we all just need to accept that getting promoted from this league with 5 games to go just isn’t for us.

11/12 promoted by default.

13/14 won the league on the last day by length of Kyle Letheren’s fingernail.

20/21 promoted through the playoffs.

22/23 gone to the last day.

As frustrating as last night was, if QP drop points today then next week will be a completely different game. They will have to attack, rather than waste enough time to get 10 mins added on in a game where nothing happened.  It’s mind blowing that there wasn’t a single yellow card for time wasting.  Meanwhile their striker was on the edge of their own box and Sweeney and Ashcroft were playing as attacking midfielders for the entire second half and a good chunk of the first.

The only major criticism for me is how much time we wasted ourselves passing the ball along the back line against a team with no interest in pressing.  Bowyer was raging with them for this as well so not sure it’s fair to level the blame at him.

1 hour ago, K.T said:

He was out of contract this summer so it suited QP to move him for cash when they could. We spent a lot on medical bills for him😉 Think maybe the boy McGregor at Ross also took him away from us thinking of the play-offs. Simon hasn’t changed anything at Ross. They had 12 strikers listed on their website! I can’t see him staying there for 3 years. He’s got some kind of building development going on in Broughty so he’ll end up back in your area soon.

12 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's going to be a Dundee derby playoff, isn't it? f**k's sake 

Honestly if we do bottle it next week (or not win, depending on how today goes) then I wouldn't even fancy us to get past whoever wins out of 3rd and 4th. The morale would just be so bad.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

You know it's bad when folk start saying we should sign Simon Murray FFS.

Next up, new 2 year deal for Cammy.

Brophy will be available in the summer. 

Dundee will be one of the few realistic clubs that can meet his demands, even if yous don't get promoted.