All things Dundee FC

14 hours ago, Liam899 said:

I’m very psychological when it comes to boots so can kind of see your point. But not sure players would persist with boots if they felt perpetually uncomfy in them, psychologically speaking. 

Beck has brand deal with Nike so he has to wear the latest boots unless he switches boot model. He is playing good but maybe there is more expectation aroun him which is adding pressure. His recent performances remind me of Robertson for Scotland but previously he was like early days Liverpool Robertson.

Hope Mulligan starts tomorrow along with many players getting dropped. It was a shame Fin Robertson got sent off as he looked so comfortable in midfield. At least he was willing to tackle and didn't shite himself.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

If you were to say Hibs for the next few games then I wouldn't disagree. I don't follow a club side really anymore, just the national side. I have developed a soft spot for County and Killie over the course of this season.

Attention seeking cùnt.

16 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I do believe Dundee have only finished twice in the top-6 since the Millennium. Last qualified for Europe 20 years ago and last won a major domestic honour over a decade before the end of the Cold War.

The same can't be said for other teams like St Johnstone or Dundee Utd just as a few examples. Getting in the top-6 isn't their Everest, just a good season. For Dundee, it's your Everest - your moment in the sun. Congratulations. 

Although it was 2004 Dundee are still the last team to win a European tie and progress to the next round in Europe out of the Tayside teams 

6 hours ago, Girth said:

Who's your team!?

On 29/02/2024 at 15:29, 2426255 said:

Before then I'd done the whole Scottish football scene until around the time Sevco went bust

4 hours ago, 2426255 said:

If you were to say Hibs for the next few games then I wouldn't disagree. I don't follow a club side really anymore, just the national side. I have developed a soft spot for County and Killie over the course of this season.

You can f**k right off mate. Having read the pish you’ve put on here, we don’t want you anywhere near us, and I’m sure the County fans will agree.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

You can f**k right off mate. Having read the pish you’ve put on here, we don’t want you anywhere near us, and I’m sure the County fans will agree.

Carl Weathers Friendship GIF

Still can't complain about the January transfer window, but with McGhee needing a scan on his calf I think the biggest mistake was not signing an actual RB.

Mulligan can play there and probably should do tomorrow, but I worry Doherty will go back to playing Costelloe out of position.

McCracken

Astley     Portales    Lamie     Donnelly

Mulligan     Sylla     Boateng      Beck

McCowan

Mellon

Chance to try something new and a lineup that will prevent Kilmarnocks threats

On 29/02/2024 at 23:48, 2426255 said:

Everyone gets their moment in the sun. Reaching the top-6 is your Everest. Congratulations.

The ascent begins today. Good luck.

A Mt. Everest Time-Lapse Combines a Decade of Himalayan Explorations —  Colossal 

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

The ascent begins today. Good luck.

A Mt. Everest Time-Lapse Combines a Decade of Himalayan Explorations —  Colossal 

Thank you.

I've worked out what the numbers mean. It's the amount of friend requests that you've been refused.  

We should all call you Norman from now on, as in Norman no mates. 

1 minute ago, Derryboy62 said:

I've worked out what the numbers mean. It's the amount of friend requests that you've been refused.  

We should all call you Norman from now on, as in Norman no mates. 

Or Billy no mates.

Just because we all know who his big team are.

We've conceded two or more goals in 13 of 16 games against the current top six.

That's a clear sign our defence, midfield and attack aren't upto it yet. I keep hearing people say we've chucked points away all season but even today Killie deserved a point and were the better side for large parts of the game.

The only games we've truly chucked away the points through incompetent decisions was Perth and Motherwell. In games like Tynecastle we were being battered and found ourselves two goals up through good breaks - the game ended as it looked as though it would for the whole 90 with a Hearts win.

We'll finish where we deserve. As it is if we beat Aberdeen, Saints and Motherwell in our remaining games we'd probably sneak into the top six. We won't though because we're not good enough yet. 

That isn't taking away from what has been a great watch in large parts this season. 

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

We've conceded two or more goals in 13 of 16 games against the current top six.

That's a clear sign our defence, midfield and attack aren't upto it yet. I keep hearing people say we've chucked points away all season but even today Killie deserved a point and were the better side for large parts of the game.

The only games we've truly chucked away the points through incompetent decisions was Perth and Motherwell. In games like Tynecastle we were being battered and found ourselves two goals up through good breaks - the game ended as it looked as though it would for the whole 90 with a Hearts win.

We'll finish where we deserve. As it is if we beat Aberdeen, Saints and Motherwell in our remaining games we'd probably sneak into the top six. We won't though because we're not good enough yet. 

That isn't taking away from what has been a great watch in large parts this season. 

Thank you.

Think that's a fair assessment of things so far. Think some fans are over hyping the team and manager but the reality is we're having an OK season. If it wasn't for the three livingston wins we'd be alot worse off, and I think anything 8th and above would be fair, with top 6 a bonus. 

As for today, I actually thought we were better than Killie for alot of it, and losing the two points the way we did, against 10 men is unacceptable.  They had big physical brutes all around their team, yet bakayoko (who had just come on) was anonymous. As for their second, yet another crossed ball that we fail to stop and then deal with. However, mulligan should've closed their LB down, instead, he doesn't and left him run the length of the park. Like him but that was poor. Terrible decision making from beck at the end too. 

I'd drop Cameron next game for Fin/Boateng and start McCracken. Looking back I don't think either goal was his fault and his general kicking (bar some late ones) and passing out from the back was great to see. LC will get a game every week as one of Docs favourites but if he has to play, then only play him in McCowans position if he's injured/suspended.  He's a liability that far back.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the boys coming out of the coxy at FT, saying it's okay because killie are 4th in the league.  WTAF, when has that ever mattered in a game of football? 

56 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Plus points, keeper looks good, as does Sylla and Mulligan in centre mid.

McCowan player of the season for me, superb.

Thank you.

Totally agree, Luke McCowan's application and general attitude is second to none at Dens this season, including Master Beck. His willingness for back-tracking is in fact to the detriment of his natural game, a few others should actually take note at his selfless example, imho.

Anyways, couldn't help but notice we now have the worst goals against record in the entire league with 50 conceded. Two games against the arse cheeks indeed account for 12 of these goals.

As we are very much a successful work in progress, let's adopt the attitude of shit-festing these games to an extremely high degree of efficiency to highlight the ludicrous difference in budgets between both arse cheeks and the other top flight clubs. If their fans wish entertainment, take it the f**k elsewhere, preferably outwith Scottish Football. 

Hopefully lessons are being learned, still totally 100% behind 'The Doc'.

gladiator.gif.b3d5e4e60a1fa226327ac96fe2c4012b.gif 

3-5-2

McCracken

Portales    Lamie   Donnelly

McCowan             Sylla                   Beck

Mulligan       Robertson        

Main        Tiff/Mellon/Costelloe

I thought McCracken was very good today. We are trying to play out the back more with I think would suit Robertson as Cameron is better staying further up the pitch.

Astley is probably better than Lamie but tricky to introduce him. Mulligan should keep his place and it was his best performance in a Dundee shirt. He played with confidence and is forward thinking. McCowan should be captain and he is reliable and versatile so can play RWB and still perform well in doing so.

Beck doesn’t suit the new style of play but when need to constantly play attacking football to suit his and the teams strength.

Main was playing like the player I thought we signed. Tiffoney effective playing on the shoulder, Mellon penalty box striker and Costelloe would get the best out of Main.

Our team has so much potential and I believe we are the 4th best team in Scotland with the players we have. We need to stick to attacking football and stop showing teams respect. We should be the team dominating. Our fully fit squad depth is amazing. Comfortable with Boateng and Lyall coming on and making an impact.

7 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Been on holiday for a week so just catching up. ‘Numbers’ meltdown has to be the highlight, followed closely by that fish munching cunto. 

That's Numberwank.