All things Dundee FC

14 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

We'd beable to pay the 66K off alone with the Sky money from the live game from Dens next Sunday.

There’s no “Sky money” for next week’s game. 

The TV money goes into a central pot and is paid to all 42 SPFL clubs as part of the prize money. 

I think most Dundee fans on this thread will know that I an not a fan of your club - at least for as long as Nelms is there. Back stabbing B!

But there is a point I should have clarified a lot earlier and that is I am a fan of the Dundee Football Team and have been since the glory days of Alan Gilzean etc.

Watching the highlights of the Rangers game was the Dundee team of old playing fast and exciting football which should have brought a win or at least a penalty for hand ball. Don't know how the ref missed that.

Regarding your pitch and from a neutral position I think the SPL are fining the club with an immediate punishment but deferring the rest until next season. 

What the SPL are doing is saying to the Club 'you have been given a chance to sort out your pitch otherwise you will have to pay the deferred amount if you don't do so'! This seems fair to me.

However if next season a game is postponed  because of a waterlogged pitch and there are other postponements as well at, say, Tannadice, Arbroath, St Johnstone, Raith and Dunfermline etc then I would not expect the deferred penalty to be implemented.

well done on top 6 and the performace v Rangers. Please get rid of that back stabbing B, Nelms.

I hope somebody has had a word with the folks over the road as they'll get a nasty surprise when the invoice from Sky arrives.

Or perhaps when there's something in it for them they might actually give a toss which club is which.

5 hours ago, Girth said:

We should pay the fine in weekly 50p installments. 

Thank you. 

You will not be able to do this as the £66K will be deducted from your end of season settlement from the prize money pot. 

8 hours ago, Toby Marsh said:

First of all, I’m over the moon we’ve made the top six and delighted we’ve actually got something to play for and it feels like we can  actually compete in it compared to the 14/15 season.

Obviously it’s been well documented on how many points we’ve dropped from winning positions this season, especially late on in games. So we could have been level or a point clear of St Mirren or what not but then again, they’ve probably done the same at some point as well. 

I was too young to go to Perugia back in 2003 so seeing Dundee in Europe is one thing I want to tick off my list. Here’s hoping there’s one big final push in our remaining five games and we all get rewarded by going to some arse end country like Armenia or North Macedonia. 

Sets up for an exciting end to the season and after Wednesdays result and performance, we should have no fear against Celtic next Sunday. 

21yrs since a European tie? Ya fucker 

1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

21yrs since a European tie? Ya fucker 

21 years is indeed a long time, although I’m not sure United have exactly been a leading light on the European scene in recent years.  I genuinely don’t know the answer so it may be quite recently but when did United last reach the first round proper of any European cup?

Agh c'mon guys, this is the all things Dundee page. Don't bring it back to United 

I’m now suspicious of why you haven’t answered my question.   Was it a long time ago?  I’m now going to have to ask RandomGuy.  @RandomGuy. have you any idea?

Agh c'mon guys, this is the all things Dundee page. Don't bring it back to United 

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m now suspicious of why you haven’t answered my question.   Was it a long time ago?  I’m now going to have to ask RandomGuy.  @RandomGuy. have you any idea?

94/95 the last time Dundee United played a European tie that wasn't a "qualifier".

90/91 the last time Dundee United progressed through a round that wasn't a "qualifier".

8 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Nothing to be suspicious about, it's not a secret. I dont want to be talking about United on a Dundee page.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

94/95 the last time Dundee United played a European tie that wasn't a "qualifier".

90/91 the last time Dundee United progressed through a round that wasn't a "qualifier".

Appreciate that RG.  Thank you.

32 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Nothing to be suspicious about, it's not a secret. I dont want to be talking about United on a Dundee page.

To be fair if I was a United fan I wouldn’t want to discuss United’s European campaigns over the last 30 odd years either - regardless of what thread it was on.  

To keep it football related, I think raising the issue of recent European football was an own goal for yourself but to remain neighbourly I will help you out and give you a red card for this thread.

ETA - Apologies.  Where are my manners?  Thank you for your contribution to this thread. 

Edited by Shadow Play

24 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

To be fair if I was a United fan I wouldn’t want to discuss United’s European campaigns over the last 30 odd years either - regardless of what thread it was on.  

To keep it football related, I think raising the issue of recent European football was an own goal for yourself but to remain neighbourly I will help you out and give you a red card for this thread.

ETA - Apologies.  Where are my manners?  Thank you for your contribution to this thread. 

Yeah let's not get into a United/Dundee European debate, for your sake 

30 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

FB_IMG_1713115672946.jpg

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

21 years is indeed a long time, although I’m not sure United have exactly been a leading light on the European scene in recent years.  I genuinely don’t know the answer so it may be quite recently but when did United last reach the first round proper of any European cup?

Be the 80’s like everything else 😂😂