All things Dundee FC

46 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Totally random question here:

I was cleaning out some stuff from a fellow Dee, who sadly died a few weeks ago, and there was something in his collection with the lyrics to Johnny Scobie written on it. I had always assumed I knew the first line, but am interested to hear what you all think:

"As I was coming down the Overgate, I met..." now, is it

"wee Johnny Scobie", as in Johnny Scobie, who is small?

or is it

"wi' Johnny Scobie", as in I met with him?

I've always thought one and this has the other on it, which one is correct?

The original non-Dundee FC related version of the song states that it's 'with' in the earliest stuff I can find online.

7 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Just when you think you can't hate these c***s even more...........

There isn't enough hate in the world to cover that lot. 

This is utterly pathetic. It's a pity there isn't a club equivalent charge of bringing the game into disrepute. Mind you the SFA/SPFL wouldn't use it against their Ibrox masters anyway I suppose. 

3 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Totally random question here:

I was cleaning out some stuff from a fellow Dee, who sadly died a few weeks ago, and there was something in his collection with the lyrics to Johnny Scobie written on it. I had always assumed I knew the first line, but am interested to hear what you all think:

"As I was coming down the Overgate, I met..." now, is it

"wee Johnny Scobie", as in Johnny Scobie, who is small?

or is it

"wi' Johnny Scobie", as in I met with him?

I've always thought one and this has the other on it, which one is correct?

I know the correct words to that and i live 80 miles away.

Overnight stays in Dundee, was one not an evening kick off so why the f**k would you go the night before. 

It's 80 miles on motorway.

Tell them to f**k off, f**k off some more and then f**k off to the 8th teir in England.

2 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

There isn't enough hate in the world to cover that lot. 

This is utterly pathetic. It's a pity there isn't a club equivalent charge of bringing the game into disrepute. Mind you the SFA/SPFL wouldn't use it against their Ibrox masters anyway I suppose. 

Spot on, they should be told, It's your choice to fanny around in 5 star hotels, and anymore 'statements' and you'll be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, but they don't have the bollocks to stand up to them. SFA/SPFL = Spineless b*****ds all. IMO.

44 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Overnight stays in Dundee, was one not an evening kick off so why the f**k would you go the night before. 

It's 80 miles on motorway.

Tell them to f**k off, f**k off some more and then f**k off to the 8th teir in England.

Indeed, couldn't agree more my good man.

A major issue of mine is the disappointing fact I'm limited to only awarding one greenie for a posting concerning an extremely emotive subject.

Please accept some green shield stamps as a replacement and a means of an apology for being limited to only one.

Thank you.

greenshield.jpg.34f54c5bc2d21c2356436c10d16b830f.jpg

52 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

You missed out the word AGAIN 

No, the poster was right. 

Rangers went bust. They died. They cannot go bust again because they are dead.

This is a new club.

A big game today but one we should all enjoy. As the sides run out to a decent crowd it shouldn't be forgotten we were held against Cove a year ago to a seething home crowd whilst watching horrific football.

Every fan wants to see progression and we're on the right track. I'll be leaving Dens looking forward to next season at 5pm whatever the outcome.

Thank you.

16 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

A big game today but one we should all enjoy. As the sides run out to a decent crowd it shouldn't be forgotten we were held against Cove a year ago to a seething home crowd whilst watching horrific football.

Every fan wants to see progression and we're on the right track. I'll be leaving Dens looking forward to next season at 5pm whatever the outcome.

Thank you.

Mate, we have VAR now so you're being optimistic. 

Can't say it's not been coming. One of the worst halves of football we've played all season. Offered nothing up top, and slow bringing it out of defence. Better off with a mannequin up top than Bakayoko

2 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

Can't say it's not been coming. One of the worst halves of football we've played all season. Offered nothing up top, and slow bringing it out of defence. Better off with a mannequin up top than Bakayoko

Would like to see Mellon and Main given a chance in the final three games, think they deserve it.

16 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Would like to see Mellon and Main given a chance in the final three games, think they deserve it.

Mulligan and Fin too. Drop one of the centre backs (Lamie or Donnelly, take your pick) from today and drop Cameron. How LC got MOTM is beyond me. I wouldn't have chosen anyone* if I was a sponsor for today's game. Tiffoney was okay, he tried his best up top on his own in the first half. 

*in dark blue. Gogic was my clear standout. Best player on the pitch 

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Never mind. You will always have the fairytale run to Perugia to talk about. 

At least we saved ourselves the utter embarrassment of a 7-0 defeat in Europe.