All things Dundee FC

There's only one Julen Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia,

There's only one Julen Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia,

He's got a long name, his favourite album is Doctor's Advocate by The Game,

Walking in a Julen Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia wonderland.

Nailed it 8)

Maybe just me but i cant see us playing 3 at the back.Most teams play with 1 up top so 3 marking 1.Maybe wrong but cant see that myself.

Bain

Irvine McPake Meggat Holt

Thomson McGowan

Loy Harkins Stewart

Hemmings

Not a Harkins fan tbh so would prefer someone with a better workrate and Higgenbottom for Loy on the rhs off the 3

Edited by tallpaul

Maybe just me but i cant see us playing 3 at the back.Most teams play with 1 up top so 3 marking 1.Maybe wrong but cant see that myself.

Bain

Irvine McPake Meggat Holt

Thomson McGowan

Loy Harkins Stewart

Hemmings

Not a Harkins fan tbh so would prefer someone with a better workrate and Higgenbottom for Loy on the rhs off the 3

I must admit, I do like the look of that line-up.

I know he's got an exotic name and that but people sticking Julen from East Fife and university right into the heart of our defence without ever having seen him play is a bit much no?

Before anyone gives me the sociedad spiel Joel kitamarikie was at Chelsea.

I hope he is brilliant but let's temper it a bit!

I know he's got an exotic name and that but people sticking Julen from East Fife and university right into the heart of our defence without ever having seen him play is a bit much no?

I agree. In our squad at the moment the more exotic their name is the shiter they are!

Julen Extabeguren kind of looked similar to what Declan Gallagher looked like in League 2; namely an absolute class above the rest of the division. Good in the air, on the ball, quick over the ground. Was prone to a wee shirt tug or two though.

I like the sound of the guy and if he's been given a 3 year deal I am assuming PH really thinks he fits the bill. Could agree with you if we had a solid defence but we let in 57 league goals - hardly impressive

Seriously though, the club haven't handed it over as far as I know. In Prague this week so will check it out when I get back or I'm sure Chomp will see this and get back to us.

Mornin' amigos, ref the shirt, I've not heard a peep from the club yet, I've got a couple of friends who sponsors players every year, I'll speak to them to find out what the drill is and get back. In the mean time if anyone wants to start the ball rolling with ideas, we should probably use the old sponsor thread to spraff our pish and leave this one. Harry gave me a wee nudge a couple of days ago and its taken me a couple of days to catch up so apologies for not posting something about it sooner.

Teams looking good for next year, only down side of getting our shit in one sock early is it could be a long long summer with no transfer rumours. Small price to pay I suppose. PH might surprise us yet though, a couple wingers would be nice.

Roberts and Ferry on their last chance this season.

I have no idea why but I want Roberts to do well.

I know a lot here don't rate him but on his day Roberts is unstoppable.

The problem is these days are far too infrequent - something of the Billy Big time about him - maybe his spell lower down has knocked some of that out of him.

Roberts and Ferry on their last chance this season.

I have no idea why but I want Roberts to do well.

Ferry is on his last chance only because he has a year to run.

I know si (although I've only been in his company a few times since he has come back to Dundee) and have been to a few games down south to watch him. I know he is a very good player - better than most in our squad when fit and firing.

Unfortunately he is blatantly crocked and has struggled for fitness - unless that improves dramatically next season I think he is finished. It won't be an attitude problem with him though, you can be 100% on that.