All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, LiamDFC said:

One thing that always amazes me about Scottish football is the lack of links with other (foreign) clubs. Were we not meant to have some kind of link with AC Milan, Ajax and an English team (can't remember who)? Surely we must have contacts across the leagues and they'd be willing to put players on loan? I suppose we tried that with Ricardo Calder, but there's got to be more out there. I hope McCann can bring in some good loan signings this season, as the bank account appears to be em— HURRY UP AND SACK TOM HATELEY.

Sorry, I don't know where that came from, but I'm going to leave it there. Feels wrong deleting it.

Thank you.

The English team was apparently Everton. It's been a non-stop conveyor belt of loanee talented youths ever since that was announced.

It wouldn't surprise me if McCann was on holiday tbh as seen he was working for Sky on the weekend. But then again I'm guessing many managers don't switch off over the summer even if they're on holiday or not.

On another note, Cammy rejected the new deal as he's holding out for more money and I fully agree after last seasons performance.

The lack of business so far could be a good sign imo. I always liked Hartley but I always thought he was a bit rash when it came to signings, he would sign players just for the sake of it. It's obvious that McCann knows the squad needs strengthened but looks to me as if he is making sure he brings in the right people. Give it time, it's only mid June.

That's a good way to look at it, I disagree with you but I hope you're right. Pre season starts in only a few days.

The lack of business so far could be a good sign imo. I always liked Hartley but I always thought he was a bit rash when it came to signings, he would sign players just for the sake of it. It's obvious that McCann knows the squad needs strengthened but looks to me as if he is making sure he brings in the right people. Give it time, it's only mid June.

The quality of a lot of Hartley signings would tend to suggest you are correct.

McCann is surely pretty well connected. Played in England, hooked up with all the Sky pundits - ok most of them are arseholes but you'd have to imagine with the amount of games they watch between them across the leagues an odd diamond would get spotted.

Thank fūck we were never in for that St Johnstone reject. St Johnstone fans in talking pish shocker.

Lol wut

How many "Sky pundits" do you think know or give a toss about some jobber was employed for its branch office version north of the border? You've got David Tanner and Andy Walker as your talent scouts - congrats on that.

I think he's on here because I upset him on a thread in the diddy forum. Sorry. Thank you.

Ah well, reminds me of the old days downstairs.
Hope they're looking after the top of the league flat we left all those years ago.
A couple of questions,
Who was the guy that became our butler in the flat?
Did United actually get any time at all in it last year?

41 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Which thread? I could do with a laugh.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/223626-the-greenock-morton-thread-its-better-than-yours/&page=180#comment-11401736

Scroll up to the top for the mirth.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Ah well, reminds me of the old days downstairs.
Hope they're looking after the top of the league flat we left all those years ago.
A couple of questions,
Who was the guy that became our butler in the flat?
Did United actually get any time at all in it last year?

I believe it was PELE the Cowdenbeath fan. A good servant he was. I also believe it was a house!

The Tully reckon you're about to announce your first signing of the summer and that a 4:15 press conference has been called.

Any idea who it may be? Tully bringing up Martin Woods, Blair Spittal and Kyle Letheren - who I'd heard about before - but also Josh Meekings as players it could be.

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The Tully reckon you're about to announce your first signing of the summer and that a 4:15 press conference has been called.

Any idea who it may be? Tully bringing up Martin Woods, Blair Spittal and Kyle Letheren - who I'd heard about before - but also Josh Meekings as players it could be.

Heard earlier today that Spittal and Meekings were supposedly signing this week, but I did hear it from a taxi driver so it's likely a lot of shite.