All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'll probably end up running the public consultation on this so I'll keep yous abreast of how shite it will be.

The big obstacle I can see at moment is vehicle access. It can already take 40 minutes to get out of there with a 1200 hockey crowd.

40 minutes to get out with a 1200 crowd?  Is that not McDiarmid Park you're describing?

So a few more players to add to the injury list. Any more incoming players or that us done?

There will have to be a striker, maybe a loan until January when our injuries might have cleared up.

No point in spunking 20 million on a ground if we are in the seaside leagues with the DABs.

We could stick big O'Hara up front. He does know how to take a goal. In fact him and Gowser as a double act.

You're at it. Next you'll be touting him to replace Bain [emoji38]

You're at it. Next you'll be touting him to replace Bain [emoji38]

Good shout Ludo, he's a big unit!

Seriously I was thinking on Saturday - bring on O'Hara for Haber when Haber was tiring. Why not? He wouldn't be required to spray the ball about or tackle, just be a nuisance and he does have a habit of poking the ball home. Surely a possibility?

On 08/19/2017 at 20:42, invergowrie arab said:

I'll probably end up running the public consultation on this so I'll keep yous abreast of how shite it will be.

The big obstacle I can see at moment is vehicle access. It can already take 40 minutes to get out of there with a 1200 hockey crowd.

Notice on the plans they're proposing opening a couple of new entrances - 1 directly off the kingsway at the start of the camperdown slip road + the second joins up with the existing cinema exit behind the ice rink.

Still think that'll be a nightmare getting out of - especially trying to get out onto the kingsway as cars are still presumably trying to get onto the slip road...

9 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Any of the u20's strikers worth a punt in the first team?

I can't remember his name (Smyth or something - we got him from Hearts I think ) was banging them in for a while for the reserves before we put him out on loan

4 hours ago, locheedee said:

I can't remember his name (Smyth or something - we got him from Hearts I think ) was banging them in for a while for the reserves before we put him out on loan

Ian Smith, winger, out on loan to Edinburgh City. There was also Matty Smyth, centre half, released and gone back to Norn Ireland.

I didn't realise Dundee won't own the new ground. I still think the best option is to work towards buying back Dens then in time developing the South Stand.

Renting an out of town arena from a business group.. aren't Dees fans a wee bit wary that this goes a bit Coventry city a few years down the line?

14 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I didn't realise Dundee won't own the new ground. I still think the best option is to work towards buying back Dens then in time developing the South Stand.

Renting an out of town arena from a business group.. aren't Dees fans a wee bit wary that this goes a bit Coventry city a few years down the line?

To be fair it isn't really out of town. Further away from the city centre definitely but there are residential areas close by and it's easily accessible by public transport (or at least it used to be, haven't used the buses for a while). The Americans are obviously keen to make their money back from holding conferences/events etc. in new facilities that will be purposely built alongside the new stadium. Redeveloping Dens won't make them as much money long-term IMO. It's not exactly a prime location for a conference/events venue, right in the middle of one of the poorest areas of the city. For me having the Americans own the stadium kind of makes them more likely to stick around having invested so much into it. 

3 hours ago, Den Spark said:

Ian Smith, winger, out on loan to Edinburgh City. There was also Matty Smyth, centre half, released and gone back to Norn Ireland.

Think I was getting the two confused but it was Ian Smith I was thinking of - did he not score a barrow load before he got loaned out?

Every game I have been positive n thought we could win. However only the team has let me down, again. All three games we blew it ourselves. A new stadium we don't need.

I wasn't at Aberdeen on Saturday but going by the highlights, we created numerous chances to score against our leagues second best team. The week previous we had enough chances to win two games.

I feel we will click at some point and get a good run going. We've definitely got the bases of a decent enough side. I'd be more worried if we weren't creating chances tbh.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

It's not ideal to be honest. But, given that Bennett has refused to sell Dens (so we'd likely have to pay well over the odds and make it worth his while if we were dead set on getting it), redeveloping the south enclosure could be tricky given that it's apparently built on landfill, and I'm pretty sure the main stand has some listed building status making it difficult and expensive to modernise. So, all in all, a brand new stadium would probably work out much cheaper than buying Dens then razing and rebuilding half of it.

Not to mention that the folks who'll own the new stadium (if it does actually happen) are the same ones who have majority control of the club, so that'd surely make any rent dispute very unlikely. (I'd fucking hope so anyway)