All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, Moo said:

I wasn't at Aberdeen on Saturday but going by the highlights, we created numerous chances to score against our leagues second best team. The week previous we had enough chances to win two games.

I feel we will click at some point and get a good run going. We've definitely got the bases of a decent enough side. I'd be more worried if we weren't creating chances tbh.

Think you will find, if you look at current league placings that Aberdeen are third best team.

Your near neighbours, and continually top team in Tayside St Johnstone are second.

Have a nice day.

I'm pretty sure the main stand has some listed building status making it difficult and expensive to modernise.

50d014ce4c8b50ea9a97b8b8638c5795.jpg

The Main Stand isn't listed; however it is an Archibald Leitch-designed thing of beauty and will be a loss to the city.

21 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Quite a few Leitch stands in England are long gone (Everton and Villa as examples)

Yeah I'm sure they said a few years back that ours was one of the last left - that might just have been in Scotland but I took it to be in general...

Surprised its not listed myself but I suppose football stadiums are expected to be re-developed so they might try to  avoid getting left with lots of listed stands sat in the middle of housing estates!

Just did a bit of digging into mr Leitch there and there really can't be many of his stands left at all looking at the list on Wiki - which does also finish by saying his main stands at ibrox (facade) and tynecastle are listed...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archibald_Leitch

Edited by locheedee

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

John Nelms not ruling out United renting the new stadium from us.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Well, not from Dundee FC, but Dark Blue Property Holdings.

I don't think that would go down well with either set of fans.

How much will a new stadium cost; I'm having a hard time getting my head around the economics of this.  This isn't a dig at Dundee, I couldn't see the financial sense in United building a new stadium.

If we do come to an agreement to rent the stadium to the dabs, I hope their end of the ground is as uncomfortable as possible. A mirror imagine of that shithole stand they currently have with no leg room. And I hope their stand is called the 'Stay Doon Stand'.

5 minutes ago, K.T said:

If we do come to an agreement to rent the stadium to the dabs, I hope their end of the ground is as uncomfortable as possible. A mirror imagine of that shithole stand they currently have with no leg room. And I hope their stand is called the 'Stay Doon Stand'.

The "Sit Doon Stand", watch the confusion with the Danger brigade and their tartan blankets!