All things Dundee FC

Only positive is that there's talk it's a 15,000 seater. I like the ambition. Dundee is a growing city and is currently an exciting place to be. Good opportunity here for the Dees to tap into that.

Looking forward to seeing the proper plans of how the stadium will look. Will probably look like generic shite but we shall wait and see.

Maybe Nelms is a football obsessed yank, desperate to be involved in European football and he has got possession of part of the Keyes 'home movie' collection?

I'm fucked if I can see how it stacks up but ground sharing with the great unwashed can't be ruled out I'd guess.

Anyway back to Josh. If he is/can be made fit this is exactly what we have been missing. Well along with a 20+ goal a season striker, a strong defensive mid and an uber creative mid. And a left back and a really solid keeper. The only way is up.

1 hour ago, locheedee said:

You might be right tbh but I'm guessing that's maybe the plan for the northern end of the site - where the St Johnstone fans usually park up their caravans?

We're only using about half of the 29 acres Keyes bought (& weirdly the 4 training pitches are outside that area too) so there must be something planned for whats left over...

Whether it's right or wrong I was told the plans were for 14000+ stadium with hospitality suites for up to 1000 people, training facilities, social housing and a couple of pubs. Not sure if the pubs were meant to be in the hospitality suites on match day or not. The 14000+ stadium and training facilities part of what I was told appeared to be correct.  

Does anybody realistically think this will actually happen? Who's funding it, who's going to own it, will the club just be renting? Is it a joint venture with someone else or god forbid  even the unwashed down the road? All seems a bit pie in the sky to invest such vast sums of money into a stadium for a struggling middle of the road Scottish football club, especially in the current financial climate

Football will not be the only source of income.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Whether it's right or wrong I was told the plans were for 14000+ stadium with hospitality suites for up to 1000 people, training facilities, social housing and a couple of pubs. Not sure if the pubs were meant to be in the hospitality suites on match day or not. The 14000+ stadium and training facilities part of what I was told appeared to be correct.  

Yeah man, seems about right with whats on the plans tbf - surprised they're building social housing tho coz I'd have expected a wanky footballer style development for mega bucks!*

Its all just speculation for now anyway coz I'm sure this will need a full public consultation like Cairdy so the plans are bound to get tweaked a fair bit over the next few years...

* for wanky footballer style development read - the wee American style bleached wood efforts that a lot of dabs stayed in out near Auchterhouse

Edited by locheedee

8 minutes ago, Daydream said:

None, terminally, imo.

I don't know like, a fair few have gone bust or come close already but its only a wee donder to camperdown, so I'm sure folks will still stick to their pubs - at least for the start of the pub crawl to the game

Edited by locheedee