All things Dundee FC

11 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Hahahaha I'll leave eventually, don't want to get too close to the radiation that emits from this absolute mutant breeding ground.

Away n f**k yerself ya throbber - your just a shite version of RandomGuy, Tibbermoresaint or old man Danger and can't stay away from the big teams thread.

Off ya pop to finger Brogan in yer shitey wee shed (if she'll let you join the queue)

Edited by locheedee

17 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/city-council-no-move-made-sell-parkland-dundee-fc/

Training ground in the actual Camperdown park? Gid ane Nelms.

After two years of discussions, there's been something negotiated with the council for the use of the site. They wouldn't have released that image otherwise.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

After two years of discussions, there's been something negotiated with the council for the use of the site. They wouldn't have released that image otherwise.

Maybe slightly off topic, and a bit out of date, but about 20 years ago I'd take my young lad and a couple of his mates for a kick around at Campie about 6 at night.  The place was always deserted, you'd maybe see the occasional dog walker.

I'm assuming that there's no social trends that would see it more greatly utilised these days.

Better for one of the city's football clubs to have the use of it rather than keeping it for those handful of days throughout the year when there's a demand for it.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe slightly off topic, and a bit out of date, but about 20 years ago I'd take my young lad and a couple of his mates for a kick around at Campie about 6 at night.  The place was always deserted, you'd maybe see the occasional dog walker.

I'm assuming that there's no social trends that would see it more greatly utilised these days.

Better for one of the city's football clubs to have the use of it rather than keeping it for those handful of days throughout the year when there's a demand for it.

I'm sure there's a colony of red squirrels in that area, there's more to think about than 'social trends'. Thank you.

45 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I'm sure there's a colony of red squirrels in that area, there's more to think about than 'social trends'. Thank you.

I don't mind red squirrels but I fucking detest colonialists.

As far as I know the council have 'given the go ahead' for the plan which as been released. The club are ploughing on with this and after the public consultation more information will be released. Don't know details of what's been agreed but believe an agreement is in place for use of the land and the building of the stadium.

The American owners are clearly here to make money and are piggybacking Dundee to achieve that.  Doesn't sit well with me but then we don't own our stadium anyway.  What are the positives for Dundee?

Make money from Dundee? ?? You high mate ?

You think a couple of American business men with no ties to the club are putting their money into Dundee without any plans of getting it back?

The American owners are clearly here to make money and are piggybacking Dundee to achieve that.  Doesn't sit well with me but then we don't own our stadium anyway.  What are the positives for Dundee?

In order for them to do that, the club would have to be self sufficient and then some - which sits very well with me.

1 hour ago, SpiderDee said:

What's hard to understand?

47 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

In order for them to do that, the club would have to be self sufficient and then some - which sits very well with me.

Fair enough, still a lot of unknowns for me.

What assets do we have to strip? And if it's not asset stripping, what other ulterior motives are there?

From what I understand, they are relatively wealthy, and see opportunities. We are an opportunity.

I agree healthy suspicion is a good thing, on the other hand unhealthy suspicion is not.

7 hours ago, Muggy said:

What's hard to understand?

The way I see it is they are investors in business and property along with being a bit crazy rich (& like to have a pet project too)

I think the link to us is just a decent bit of blagging by Colvin back in the day to some soccer daft folks to get us some money men on the board (since he was it back then really!) but now they're combining the two to give the club improved facilities for at least no extra outlay on what we've got at Dens and supporting the costs by including a business/leisure park to help pay for it...

Doesn't seem that sinister to me (I can't figure out how its going to bite us anyway) and it technically should only bring positives - even if we don't officially own the place...

Just the ramblings of my mind tho I'm not all that itk!

Thank you.

I think that what you've got to remember is that if this project comes off and the owners have spent a great deal of money on a stadium, our health is a priority. They'll maybe have the odd other user of the stadium facility with a few gigs and maybe the semi-pro rugby team (if Dundee gets a spot) but the main income generator has to be a football team.

If Dundee are crippled by rent costs or neglected, this could cause a relegation and put us in an even worse state which impacts on what we can afford to contribute to the facility. They've backed us with a good amount of resources so far and embarking on something like this suggests they are staying around. If we go down or suffer a major blow, they risk losing a huge sum if they don't take steps to correct that.

If you check their investment portfolio online and track the family wealth, they are very astute with their money. They have kept a low profile (with the exception of their involvement here) and seem to have conducted their business very professionally. Since the rumours began about them acquiring this site, each update has always shown that their thinking has been far beyond what has been speculated and they do know what they're doing; I suspect that will be further validated a fortnight from now,

The only worry is that this is a massive money laundering scam and we'll wake up to find that the FBI have raided the ground!

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

The only worry is that this is a massive money laundering scam and we'll wake up to find that the FBI have raided the ground!

Damn hadn't thought about that - its Dundee so I'll fully expect to see the FBI helicopters flying in anytime soon then...

Just as long as they don't find out about the ching processing plant going in under the new super Derry tho :whistle

Edited by locheedee