All things Dundee FC

Think most are overreacting here tbh. Going on our squad just now, Murray would make us significantly better, losing Allan would make us a little bit worse, but nowhere near as big a loss as some are making out. Losing Hendry would be the biggest blow and we would definitely miss him but if we can get £750k-£1m for his then it's fantastic business.

There could be more going on (and I'm sure there is) that we don't know about. All I know just now is that some people are overreacting way too much.

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

The rule on multiple loan players between Premiership clubs - are you allowed two if one is U23 or is it U21? We’ve seen two conflicting sources. 

Ok, for obvious reasons I am not particularly aware of any specific Premiership loan rules, BUT......

I presume the point here is that you can have a second if one is deemed a Development Loan? That being the case the criteria, which was lifted by 2 years last summer, is u23. Which for this season means born on or after 1st January 1994.

HTH :)

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

By the way, terrible move for Allan I would think. Showing why he's had a patchy career at best, with his moves every time he hits a little bit of form. 

Agreed, doubt he'll hold down a starting place at Hibs

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I dont think we are getting bent over.

Getting rid of a c**t 

Getting rid of a half arsed loanee

Making £1m of profit from a player we have had 6 months

Gaining a player who will play for the shirt.

Bent over maybe not the right word. £1m for a player we picked up in the summer is excellent business. On the last day of the transfer window however, maybe not as much. 

Scott Allan has real match winning quality, yes he can be a bit half arsed but we will now have FEB for our creative spark. Let that sink in. 

Also no proof Murray will play for the shirt, but I do think he could do well here.

My biggest issue that £1m is most definitely not worth getting relegated over, it'll surely cost us significantly more than that. Hendry is so important to our defence, the organisation he provides is fantastic and he is a real class act as a player.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Think most are overreacting here tbh. Going on our squad just now, Murray would make us significantly better, losing Allan would make us a little bit worse, but nowhere near as big a loss as some are making out. Losing Hendry would be the biggest blow and we would definitely miss him but if we can get £750k-£1m for his then it's fantastic business.

There could be more going on (and I'm sure there is) that we don't know about. All I know just now is that some people are overreacting way too much.

All hinges on the outcome of Hendry for me. Must remain until the summer whether or loan or not. 

The success of today is wholly dependant on where Hendry ends the day, IMO.

Everything else is fairly inconsequential to the overall situation.

FWIW, I think Murray and Moussa (M&M) could work quite well together but it's hard on AJ who has scored some vital goals this season and, aside from Allan and Kamara, has he most football intelligence in our squad.

We'll see how it goes in a few hours.

Accepting half our valuation of him on the last day of the window is not fantastic business whichever way you flip it.

2 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

Bent over maybe not the right word. £1m for a player we picked up in the summer is excellent business. On the last day of the transfer window however, maybe not as much. 

Scott Allan has real match winning quality, yes he can be a bit half arsed but we will now have FEB for our creative spark. Let that sink in. 

Also no proof Murray will play for the shirt, but I do think he could do well here.

My biggest issue that £1m is most definitely not worth getting relegated over, it'll surely cost us significantly more than that. Hendry is so important to our defence, the organisation he provides is fantastic and he is a real class act as a player.

looks-like-i-picked-the-wrong-week-to-quit-sniffing-glue.jpg

Accepting half our valuation of him on the last day of the window is not fantastic business whichever way you flip it.

Did anyone at the club actually confirm a valuation on him? If so, I've missed that.

From a business perspective, making £750k profit on an asset you acquired 6 months ago is good business.

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Did anyone at the club actually confirm a valuation on him? If so, I've missed that.

From a business perspective, making £750k profit on an asset you acquired 6 months ago is good business.

It's good business from a purely "we paid £0 and get £750k" perspective. Football is more complex than this however, the board will have to look at everything from relegation potential, cup runs and even through to people not coming through the gate if we're in a slump of form.

Appreciate this could be an overreaction to the whole situation, but I feel Hendry is the most important factor in this whole discussion.

Hendry leaving could easily be difference between 11th and 6th in league position - what is that value? Add to that a potential cup run. Will the difference in his value be that much between now and the summer?  To me we've got to be looking for over £1.2m

Just now, Dundee-FC92 said:

I can honestly say i won't be back this season. In no way an overreaction either, an absolute rat who took great pleasure in celebrating infront of Dundee fans whenever the Dabs scored against us the other year.

I will never support such a rat at my club.

^^^

will in all likelihood be at the next home game using the wife's season ticket type post

Any of our deals will probably be dictated on the finances gained from selling Hendry, last minute last day deals aren't ideal and we'll probably lose out in some way. Don't think there's much cash swishing around Dens so we could be stuck with what we have. On another note Ross County have pretty much signed a new squad...oh for an uncle Roy :(

2 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I couldn't give a f**k if he celebrated against us, I'll be raging if we're replacing arguably our best player with a player of much, much, much lower quality though. At least if there's nothing else planned to compensate for it.

Enjoy watching him in Dark Blue, i  certainly won't be.

8 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I can honestly say i won't be back this season. In no way an overreaction either, an absolute rat who took great pleasure in celebrating infront of Dundee fans whenever the Dabs scored against us the other year.

I will never support such a rat at my club.

I could understand those comments if we’d signed a rapist but FFS he was getting some amount of shite off of us before and after. 

I don’t particularly want him either but I won’t stop going. Each to their own.