All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Here's a theoretical question I thought I'd ask Dee's (to help take my mind off current events). Been discussing it with a few mates. It's basically a spin on the old was the Bonetti era worth it question.

If some sheikh came in and offered to buy Dundee. His position was this: For 10 years, I will give you memories of a lifetime. I will plough vast fortunes into the club and you will not only be a credible challenger to Celtic in Scotland but also in Europe. You will see players play for the club that will make Caniggia and Caballero seem like distant memories. We will win trophies and become the biggest team in the city. Once those 10 years are up, however, I plan to pull all my money out and wherever that leaves you, it leaves you, you take the consequences. Would you go for it?

Erm do you mean like David Murray promised to do with that deceased club ? His promise was I will make RFC the major force of European football, he delivered on the domestic scene but not even bending the law to its extremities by using EBTs to enhance players salaries did he manage to make the dead club a force in Europe.

This catastrophic fantasy you have just posted will result in the same outcome, your city having only one remaining professional football club.And just for the record money doesn't always gaurentee success thought you would all be very aware of that.

59 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Used to be the case, but when the **** came back up last season they changed it. There was a lot of outrage from Partick in particular. We’ve had them both at home this season but both away last season.

It wasn't changed per se, but because when Sevco arrived they replaced Dundee Utd and took their "seeding" when deciding the fixtures. It just so happened that Utd were in sync with Celtic, meaning that however many visits a team had to and from Celtic had the same number of visits to and from Utd. That threw out the previous arrangement that began when the split was introduced.

Unless one of the ugly sisters goes bust, I'm not sure there's a solution that won't involve a season out of step.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Anyone else heard the disturbing rumour that McCann has gone and McIntyre and Dodds are coming in to replace him?

Rumour I've heard is that McCann and Gartland are gone and there were a few people contacted on Sunday to sound out interest. I think Boyle will be put in charge for Saturday with the view to getting someone sorted throughout the week to formally take charge next week to prepare the team through the international break.

If the rumour is true, I don't think any final decisions have been made.

25 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

He won't get sacked. He will talk his way out of losing his job. Loved him as a player but as a manager he's an absolute clown. 

Aye he certainly can talk...he'll have convinced nelms and keyes it is all their fault we're shit.

Just reading McCann’s quotes.   They are embarrassing!   “I PUT MY HANDS UP TO GRAB ZANDER TO SAY GET HIS HANDS OFF ME.  THEN I RETRACTED THEM BECAUSE I HAD STARTED TO REGAIN MY COMPOSURE”.

How long does he need to gain his composure?  It was obvious from very early on to most fans that we were not going to win the game and it was certainly lost when St Johnstone scored their first goal *.  The incident took place at the end of the match.   Just show a bit of discipline, shake hands and walk off. 

He’s obviously not coping as a manager and no amount of pre planned smooth talking in his pre match press conferences is going to hide that.

* I’d argue the game was lost with the team selection and the way he used Piggott.

Edited by Shadow Play

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Just reading McCann’s quotes.   They are embarrassing!   “I PUT MY HANDS UP TO GRAB ZANDER TO SAY GET HIS HANDS OFF ME.  THEN I RETRACTED THEM BECAUSE I HAD STARTED TO REGAIN MY COMPOSURE”.

How long does he need to gain his composure?  It was obviously from very early on to most fans that we were not going to win the game and it was certainly lost when St Johnstone scored their first goal *.  The incident took place at the end of the match.   Just show a bit of discipline, shake hands and walk off. 

He’s obviously not coping as a manager and no amount of pre planned smooth talking in his pre match press conferences is going to hide that.

* I’d argue the game was lost with the team selection and the way he used Piggott.

It was the p***k in the t-shirt that kicked it all off, tbf, you're not going to take abuse from a twat like that.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It was the p***k in the t-shirt that kicked it all off, tbf, you're not going to take abuse from a twat like that.

Trouble is Fowler’s just the kit man.  McCann’s meant to be the manager setting an example.  I’m assuming if McGowan was fined for his post match sending off a couple of weeks ago he’ll get a refund. 

Sorry Biggie but it looked like wee man syndrome from where I was sitting.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Trouble is Fowler’s just the kit man.  McCann’s meant to be the manager setting an example.  I’m assuming if McGowan was fined for his post match sending off a couple of weeks ago he’ll get a refund. 

Sorry Biggie but it looked like wee man syndrome from where I was sitting.

Yeah, you're right Shadow, should have just told the arse to get a proper job, and walk away.