All things Dundee FC

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Sorry to break this to you Gman but top 6 was never happening for Dundee fc no matter your budget. Don't stop dreaming though pal, never give up on your dreams.

Dinny be so rash Tam, I'm sure top 6 will be achievable next season

in the championship.

Out the country and wasn't at the game yesterday so can't comment on anything bar the scoreline but it's obviously a sackable offense in itself.

I wanted Neil to do well here but he's not learning from the mistakes he made at the start of the season and I think he'd end up taking us down. 

Here's a theoretical question I thought I'd ask Dee's (to help take my mind off current events). Been discussing it with a few mates. It's basically a spin on the old was the Bonetti era worth it question.

If some sheikh came in and offered to buy Dundee. His position was this: For 10 years, I will give you memories of a lifetime. I will plough vast fortunes into the club and you will not only be a credible challenger to Celtic in Scotland but also in Europe. You will see players play for the club that will make Caniggia and Caballero seem like distant memories. We will win trophies and become the biggest team in the city. Once those 10 years are up, however, I plan to pull all my money out and wherever that leaves you, it leaves you, you take the consequences. Would you go for it?

Here's a theoretical question I thought I'd ask Dee's (to help take my mind off current events). Been discussing it with a few mates. It's basically a spin on the old was the Bonetti era worth it question.

If some sheikh came in and offered to buy Dundee. His position was this: For 10 years, I will give you memories of a lifetime. I will plough vast fortunes into the club and you will not only be a credible challenger to Celtic in Scotland but also in Europe. You will see players play for the club that will make Caniggia and Caballero seem like distant memories. We will win trophies and become the biggest team in the city. Once those 10 years are up, however, I plan to pull all my money out and wherever that leaves you, it leaves you, you take the consequences. Would you go for it?

In a heartbeat.

7 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Not trying to goad or be funny here, but I’ve just seen how bad Dundee’s pre split run in is. Surely a lot of you now really fear the play offs as a real possibility if you didn’t already.

Aye it's not the best...but our season like your season is not gonna be decided over the next month or so..the real shit starts after the split...speaking of the split I was always under the impression that you were always guaranteed 2 games at home v 1 of the old firm yet we're off to parkhead twice and Ibrox twice .....it's as bad as it was when Monty burns fae united was on the board..they always got the 1st derby at home 

Aye it's not the best...but our season like your season is not gonna be decided over the next month or so..the real shit starts after the split...speaking of the split I was always under the impression that you were always guaranteed 2 games at home v 1 of the old firm yet we're off to parkhead twice and Ibrox twice .....it's as bad as it was when Monty burns fae united was on the board..they always got the 1st derby at home 

Used to be the case, but when the **** came back up last season they changed it. There was a lot of outrage from Partick in particular. We’ve had them both at home this season but both away last season.

10 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Not trying to goad or be funny here, but I’ve just seen how bad Dundee’s pre split run in is. Surely a lot of you now really fear the play offs as a real possibility if you didn’t already.

I mentioned this week's ago and got twats like chewing taffies saying I was talking pish. They still had to play us pre split then a game after the split. We were probably their best bet at putting someone below them. Partick and Hamilton were and still are picking up points. Squeaky bum time at Dens. 

Well of course. I think we’ll win enough post split mind.

Can’t be arsed hunting out the post I think when McCann was appointed I suggested his reign would end with a punch up with an opposing coaching staff. On the plus side you could finish the season with a tremendously amusing horsing of the DABs in a playoff.

Well of course. I think we’ll win enough post split mind.

Haven’t you not just been beat off Ross County, Motherwell and St Johnstone recently? All who will be in the bottom half come the split [emoji848]

Dundee are in free fall sacking McCann could be the only option.

Haven’t you not just been beat off Ross County, Motherwell and St Johnstone recently? All who will be in the bottom half come the split [emoji848]

Dundee are in free fall sacking McCann could be the only option.

I just think we’ll be good enough when push comes to shove. Especially so if McCann gets punted. I could be wrong of course!!

Imagine how good it'd be if McCann could back up his constant anger and smugness with on field performances. There's a lot to buy into with McCann. Not least that he's a Dee hero. Such a pity.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Imagine how good it'd be if McCann could back up his constant anger and smugness with on field performances. There's a lot to buy into with McCann. Not least that he's a Dee hero. Such a pity.

I like what he's trying to do unfortunately we're not good enough to do it...and the quicker he realises that the bloody better ...just get the basics right first then we can move on 

It’s called a relegation battle because that’s exactly what is - a battle.  McCann still thinks we can play football and get out of this mess.  That isn’t strength of character and a belief in what you are trying to achieve is correct.  It’s utter madness.  

They were asking on Sportscene why Meekings didn’t just punt the ball out the park in the build up to the second goal.  It’s simple - McCann is obsessed with playing out from the back and he would have gone off on one of his rages at Meekings if Meekings did just punt the ball out.  

There is no way McCann will get the team playing the way he wants it to with the players he has.  He’s had all season to do it and things are getting worse, not better.   McCann has constantly stated he isn’t willing to change the style of the team.  The only thing that achieves is making us the most predictable team in the country.

Something has to give.  The board has to step up to the mark and make it happen.