All things Dundee FC

The way Dundee are playing just now I wouldn't bet on them beating any championship team[emoji22] something has to change before I'd be confident of beating Utd

Something will need to change before United reach the play off final to be honest.

The way Dundee are playing, we'd still dispatch of even St Mirren with absolute comfort. I used to be a mega defender that there wasn't much of a difference between the old First Division and the SPL, but now, it's a total different ball game. Jack Ross - if he doesn't become our manager (Actually, even if he does!) - will need to do a full squad revamp. It is a completely different style of player you need in the top flight compared to the Championship these days.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The way Dundee are playing, we'd still dispatch of even St Mirren with absolute comfort. I used to be a mega defender that there wasn't much of a difference between the old First Division and the SPL, but now, it's a total different ball game. Jack Ross - if he doesn't become our manager (Actually, even if he does!) - will need to do a full squad revamp. It is a completely different style of player you need in the top flight compared to the Championship these days.

You talk complete and utter drivel , 

Hibs have played the most part of this season with players who gained promotion from the championship last season.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

They weren't Championship players though just as your beloved **** weren't.

Correct me if I'm wrong Richard were they playing championship or Premiership football last season ?  

Your dumb co-fan said it takes a completely different player to play in the Premiership compared to the Championship I think Hibs have proved him wrong, I would even suggest it's the complete opposite, a club relegated from the Premiership would benefit from a squad overhaul because it takes a different kind of player to succeed at championship level , they need to know how to scrap for every point to succeed down there , something that some of the primma donnas who ply their trade in the Premiership are incapable of doing

Why is happy*** still quoting me ffs? Surely the inbred f**k knows by now I ignore his posts. What an absolute welt.

If you’re still talking about him why bother having him on ignore.

Happyaccie has clearly got under your skin.

If you’re still talking about him why bother having him on ignore.

Happyaccie has clearly got under your skin.

Because I get a notification saying he's quoted me. It's not rocket science ya fucking melt.

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

So this accie guy reckons the team going up don't need a squad overhaul but the team coming down does?  Yep, that's logical. 

To be fair, the city of Dundee is not covering itself in glory in football terms these days. 

Both squads need a complete fucking overhaul imo.

Edited by MacArab

8 hours ago, happyaccie said:

You talk complete and utter drivel , 

Hibs have played the most part of this season with players who gained promotion from the championship last season.

Hibs had the fourth biggest wage bill in the Country last season. Them and Rangers aren't indicative of Championship quality.

The gulf is massive.

The squad Hibs had last season was so good most of us in the premiership would have gave our right bollock for some of the players that where in it and still would. The difference between the two leagues is massive,  just look at United and accies in the play off final and even the last before was it killie and Falkirk? Sure killie walloped them

13 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

The squad Hibs had last season was so good most of us in the premiership would have gave our right bollock for some of the players that where in it and still would. The difference between the two leagues is massive,  just look at United and accies in the play off final and even the last before was it killie and Falkirk? Sure killie walloped them

Some fair points Juan.

I disagree that there was a massive gulf between accies and us to be fair.

The difference was an excellent finish by Docherty at NDP and a dreadful reffing decision at Tannadice denying us a pen and getting (goal machine) Simon Murray sent off in the process.

Not whining, just think there wasn't much between the teams over 180 mins.

14 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Some fair points Juan.

I disagree that there was a massive gulf between accies and us to be fair.

The difference was an excellent finish by Docherty at NDP and a dreadful reffing decision at Tannadice denying us a pen and getting (goal machine) Simon Murray sent off in the process.

Not whining, just think there wasn't much between the teams over 180 mins.

IMO accies were a bit more Streetwise in the play off, by stopping andreu they stopped anything happening in an attacking sense. Goal machine, wish that was true. Like I said to a mate at the start of the season, St mirren would win the championship but whoever is in the play off final whether it you boys, Dunfermline, Livingston or morton the premiership team would come out on top over the two legs. As it stand it's Partick but it could be any one of us out of 4 teams. Deep down I think it will be us but i would rather be safe than thinking about playing in the play offs 

Hibs had the fourth biggest wage bill in the Country last season. Them and Rangers aren't indicative of Championship quality.
The gulf is massive.

You have to remember he’s as thick as f**k and suffering from some sort of psychological problem resulting in anger management issues. I’m finding him quite amusing actually.

15 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

IMO accies were a bit more Streetwise in the play off, by stopping andreu they stopped anything happening in an attacking sense. Goal machine, wish that was true. Like I said to a mate at the start of the season, St mirren would win the championship but whoever is in the play off final whether it you boys, Dunfermline, Livingston or morton the premiership team would come out on top over the two legs. As it stand it's Partick but it could be any one of us out of 4 teams. Deep down I think it will be us but i would rather be safe than thinking about playing in the play offs 

Agreed that Accies were streetwise, but they generally always have been, which is one reason they have been punching above their weight for so long.

They came at us fast at Tannadice and at a pace we had become unaccustomed to playing at. However we came into it and really should have gone  down to Hamilton with a lead to defend.

I see you noted my dripping sarcasm at goal machine Murray.

The playoffs are naturally geared to favour the Premiership team (this is fact), which may well be a good thing for you lot.

That being said,  I don't think any of us want a Derby to decide this...... 

Edited by MacArab

I fail to see how a 2 legged play off with a home game each is weighted in the Premierships favour? Especially if it’s the second place Championship team because they will play exactly the same number of games at the exact same times of the season?

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

I fail to see how a 2 legged play off with a home game each is weighted in the Premierships favour? Especially if it’s the second place Championship team because they will play exactly the same number of games at the exact same times of the season?

Theres this myth that since Championship clubs play two games the week before its unfair, despite the schedule being the exact same for top flight clubs. Its just their way if excusing being absolute shite.