All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Stability is the key to success. Maintaining out premier league status allows us to keep the build going and avoids stripping and rebuilding squads. We are going in the right direction slowly .

If we keep our key players, a keeper, left back and an out and out poacher would help us take the next step imo

Tonight’s game was a prime example of our season. A composed finisher and we’d have been out of sight. Must improve in the final 3rd next season. 

It’s fucking great waking up and remembering that we’re safe from relegation.

Very true and we can enjoy United getting ripped a new arsehole on Friday night. Very pleasing [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Very true and we can enjoy United getting ripped a new arsehole on Friday night. Very pleasing [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Most pleasing. It’ll be sombreros, cigars and popcorn for the Dundee fans. The dabs will be hiding no doubt.

If McCann has us creeping up the league by one position every year we're on course to be champions in 2025/26. 
Can't wait. 

With the title being wrapped up on 02.05.26 against Utd in their (brief) return to top flight football. It's written.

1 hour ago, Dabslayer said:

Feel that 7th is a realistic target for next season, but with the right recruitment we could find ourselves within touching distance of a top 6 finish.

Think we would have to keep Kamara and Caulker or sign equivalents to go top six. I can't really see that happening sadly but have been wrong before. Maybe if Meekings really steps up.

Edit: If we do keep them both and sign a goalscorer and a keeper I think we will be top six. Heard it here first. Parish coudl prove me wrong too, has deserved his contract.

Edited by The Algebraist
Adding extra nonsense

We're on the same number of wins this season as 2015/16 when we had Hemmings and Stewart, and comfortably finished 8th. The only difference is that we also had 15 draws to our current 6.

I remember back then we thought it was the draws that were killing us and we needed to cover them to wins. Well, we've certainly converted them...only the wrong way.

Also worth noting we're on the same number of wins as Hearts. They just have more draws.

Edited by The Master

I'm fairly resigned to losing Kamara in the summer but I do hope that the club make an effort to try and keep him (and Caulker) for another season - I think in a settled team with a few choice additions and a good pre season, we could try and challenge for top six. Will be hard considering everyone in the league will try and strengthen but not an impossible task.

I'd agree caulker would likely improve hugely given a pre-season, possibly to become one of the top cbs in the entire league, but kamaras head and shoulders above anyone in our squad imo. No coincidence his return to form recently has coincided with an upturn in results. Given his age as well, I'd definitely prioritise keeping kamara ahead of caulker.

Not necessarily resigned to losing both as either are likely to go for upwards of a million so any sale of one would boost chances of keeping another