All things Dundee FC

22 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

I was thinking more along the lines of a stellar coach , eg Steve McLaren/Bruce etc an out of work manager with a pedigree in the EPL or championship who wishes to refresh his resume . IMO SSC has shown what a decent coach can do and I fully expect him to manage again in England after what he’s done up here .

Obviously the board have to be prepared to invest the money but surely relegation is worse ? 

No way a decent and out of work EPL or championship manager is coming up to Scotland to manage Dundee or the likes t.b.h. Have you seen the calibre of candidates whenever a position up here becomes vacant?  McLaren and Bruce and the likes are simply not realistic options - even if the board were willing to get the wallet out.  

Would you have been able to attract a guy of the quality of Steve Clarke without the local connection?  

30 minutes ago, hk blues said:

No way a decent and out of work EPL or championship manager is coming up to Scotland to manage Dundee or the likes t.b.h. Have you seen the calibre of candidates whenever a position up here becomes vacant?  McLaren and Bruce and the likes are simply not realistic options - even if the board were willing to get the wallet out.  

Would you have been able to attract a guy of the quality of Steve Clarke without the local connection?  

Was just thinking that.  Steve Clarke managing Killie is an anomaly due to the fact that he knows the chairman or is related to him or something.

Edit - He's literally doing it for his mate/relative, whatever the relationship is.  And he's admitted as much. 

Edited by TheScarf

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did we ever make a Chief of Academy appointment? I know Boyle and McPake are the go to guys in our youth set-up but I remember Ian Murray was linked with a role as well.

Was that not before the club decided against opting for a high role of project brave? I thought that was a part of that?

8 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Was that not before the club decided against opting for a high role of project brave? I thought that was a part of that?

I thought we went all out for it but were too late in getting the appointments in therefore didn't get a slot we'd anticipated?

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I thought we went all out for it but were too late in getting the appointments in therefore didn't get a slot we'd anticipated?

I can remember the club issued a really assuring statement about how with both administrations being in living memory that we were not going to throw money at something that did not guarantee results or make financial sense. I'll try find it for you.

Edit - found the link https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/project-brave-statement/

Edited by Crawford

23 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What's the latest on the new stadium?

About 18 months over due on site clearance and two months over due on an update.

DCC planning application portal hasn't been updated on the project since October 2017 and a community feedback verdict due to be delivered January this year also came to pass.

Fat load of f**k all to be honest.

11 minutes ago, Crawford said:

About 18 months over due on site clearance and two months over due on an update.

DCC planning application portal hasn't been updated on the project since October 2017 and a community feedback verdict due to be delivered January this year also came to pass.

Fat load of f**k all to be honest.

That's pretty shit. I know its a different situation and also a different era but when we were moving it was all done and dusted within about 18 months. 

I fully expect some cheaply built, LEGOLAND comments etc about McDiarmid but it just seems to be dragging on for you boys.

That's pretty shit. I know its a different situation and also a different era but when we were moving it was all done and dusted within about 18 months. 
I fully expect some cheaply built, LEGOLAND comments etc about McDiarmid but it just seems to be dragging on for you boys.

The longer we stay at Dens the better for me although the new stadium, if it’s ever built, will be another adventure.

I’m more concerned about staying in the top league tbh.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

The longer we stay at Dens the better for me although the new stadium, if it’s ever built, will be another adventure.

I’m more concerned about staying in the top league tbh.

Aye cherish Dens, it'll be a long time gone. Still miss Muirton park tbh but needs must, that was the catalyst for us becoming Taysides undisputed top team, taken a wee while but we got there in the end.

Aye cherish Dens, it'll be a long time gone. Still miss Muirton park tbh but needs must, that was the catalyst for us becoming Taysides undisputed top team, taken a wee while but we got there in the end.

Not to worry, you can always visit the cheese counter in Asda, rustle some sweetie papers, close your eyes and it’ll be like you’re back there.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Not to worry, you can always visit the cheese counter in Asda, rustle some sweetie papers, close your eyes and it’ll be like you’re back there.

And when the multis get  built on Dens you can go up the closey, step over a few wasted junkies and reminisce about the Derry toilets.