All things Dundee FC

Probably because McPake has been at the club for almost 5 year, is certainly being groomed to be a future manager and has been working with our youth squads for a number of years now in which he's been highly regarded.
Oh, and he doesn't come across like a belter like Miller does.

Who is grooming him Ludo?

If they are doing a good job I wish they’d start grooming McCann!

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Probably because McPake has been at the club for almost 5 year, is certainly being groomed to be a future manager and has been working with our youth squads for a number of years now in which he's been highly regarded.

Oh, and he doesn't come across like a belter like Miller does.

tbf, there's no such thing as a youth coach in football who isn't 'highly regarded'.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

And Jones has now been banned for two games against our relegation rivals. The rule is stupid as f**k and could have further ramifications if one of these teams pick up points.

What would you want the punishment to be?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

What would you want the punishment to be?

Banned from remaining games against Dundee this season and if Dundee do go down, he gets executed in the centre circle at our first competitive home match of the 19/20 season.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Banned from remaining games against Dundee this season and if Dundee do go down, he gets executed in the centre circle at our first competitive home match of the 19/20 season.

I wasn't being sarcastic, was just genuinely interested. I think in situations like this banning players from further games against the team they've wronged would genuinely be the best, and fairest, option, and could set a precedent that most leagues would then follow.

7 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Our youths seem to be doing well however?

Is craigan highly regarded at Motherwell ?

I wrote a wee bit in the 'Next Thistle Manager' thread when someone mentioned his name.  

He's an interesting one in so much as he doesn't seem to have much interest in a management pathway. He gives the impression that he's perfectly happy with his BT gig and coaching our u20s to get his day to day football. I could be wrong but I think he does a bit with our first team now and again too.

As for whether he's highly rated, he won the Youth Cup in his first season and has had pretty respectable league finishes 6th, 5th and 5th though we put in one of the most hilariously inept performances I've ever seen against your boys last season. Finished 3-5.

Off the top of my head we've had Ben Hall, Alan Campbell, Jake Hastie, Jack McMillan, Adam Livingstone, Barry Maguire, David Turnbull, Liam Brown and James Scott all make their first team debuts from the u20s while Craigan's been involved.

3 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

f**k the North Lanarkshire Nazis.

One of the funniest things I've witnessed at the football was against Airdrie at Broadwood. The Section B were running at us outside the ground, we obviously never moved, and as they got close my mate just lifted his leg straight out and this stupid Airdrie c**t just ran into it :lol: ,daft b*****d had to get an ambulance. 

23 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

One of the funniest things I've witnessed at the football was against Airdrie at Broadwood. The Section B were running at us outside the ground, we obviously never moved, and as they got close my mate just lifted his leg straight out and this stupid Airdrie c**t just ran into it :lol: ,daft b*****d had to get an ambulance. 

Cool story. I suppose you had to be there