All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Airdrie and Dumbarton another 2 Scottish clubs bulleting their manager. McCann will be the longest serving manager in Scotland at this rate.

He's the 17th as it stands. A few longer term ones on a tightrope just now aswell, every chance he breaks into the top 15.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Is Kenny going to play against us? :D 

Dunno m8, none of us on here pick the team and managers don't generally release their line-ups 12 days in advance. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Dunno m8, none of us on here pick the team and managers don't generally release their line-ups 12 days in advance. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. 

Might be a better idea than what ding-ding is doing though huh?

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's the 17th as it stands. A few longer term ones on a tightrope just now aswell, every chance he breaks into the top 15.

I wasn't really being serious.

The only positive I can spin from this is that it'll show prospective applicants that we give them more than enough time.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I wasn't really being serious.

The only positive I can spin from this is that it'll show prospective applicants that we give them more than enough time.

I just checked out of interest tbh, had no idea he'd be that high :lol:

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

And when the multis get  built on Dens you can go up the closey, step over a few wasted junkies and reminisce about the Derry toilets.

Ha! Like a Junkie, or anyone on under £60k a year, can afford to get into Dens!

At this time of regeneration for Dundee, isn't it past time the two clubs were merged and called Dundee City. You could attract 15k with a successful team, similar to Aberdeen. Football has always evolved. As it stands, mediocrity is all you can look forward to.

13 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

At this time of regeneration for Dundee, isn't it past time the two clubs were merged and called Dundee City. You could attract 15k with a successful team, similar to Aberdeen. Football has always evolved. As it stands, mediocrity is all you can look forward to.

Why don't you merge with Ayr?

6 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

5bbc3b53d2ed5_31WuoUB5oL._AC_US200_.jpg.340df1415545c37423640354e21eeb78.jpg

Does anyone else think the huddle we're doing before matches now is a bit of a minter? 

The only reason I can think we're doing it is to signal that there's a togetherness in the squad when a bunch of folk were claiming either there wasn't or that the players weren't happy with the manager.

Frankly, they can do their talking with results on the pitch. 

11 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Does anyone else think the huddle we're doing before matches now is a bit of a minter? 

The only reason I can think we're doing it is to signal that there's a togetherness in the squad when a bunch of folk were claiming either there wasn't or that the players weren't happy with the manager.

Frankly, they can do their talking with results on the pitch. 

Na, you're surely not doing a fucking huddle?  Ffs That is a fucking minter.

Get McCann to f**k.

What would offend me more than any merger would be the lazy, unimaginative naming of the new club as Dundee City. Very civic but altogether insipid.

Dundee FC was very nearly called Juteopolis- that would have been fucking smashing.

Anyway, Dundee FC doesn't do mediocrity- if we're not surviving relegation to the third tier after 25-point deductions we're signing World Cup superstars. These last few years of top-flight football and boardroom stability have been the most uneventful in my 30 years of supporting the club. The roller coaster will no doubt start again when the new ground development falls through just after Dens is bought back. The Americans, before doing the whole Ron Dixon absentee chairman thing, sell Dens to the highest bidder to cut their losses, leaving us homeless fighting relegation to League 1. (The club, of course, being relegated in the all Dundee play off final the year before).

McCann will be sacked, eventually, but he wont go quietly -insisting that the team was about to turn the corner and he wasn't given enough time. Unfair dismissal claims and lawsuits commence but, in a stroke of luck, Dundee escape costly legal battles after McCann's lawyers file their claims against the wrong city club. McCann, you see, has returned to Sky Sports by now and CAN'T TELL THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DUNDEE AND DUNDEE UNITED.

Jocky will be wheeled out his nursing home to take charge of the Championship playoff final against Arbroath. Jocky ultimately saves the club from the utter, utter ignominy of third tier football but is sacked the following season while the club is 5 points clear at the top of the league.

Can't fucking wait.

19 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Airdrie and Dumbarton another 2 Scottish clubs bulleting their manager. McCann will be the longest serving manager in Scotland at this rate.

Yeah two lower league clubs have sacked their manager. This must mean Mcann will be the longest serving soon. Despite at least 5 longest serving managers in the top league.

Along with just having a feeling Neilson wouldn't be good enough for Dundee but creaming himself at Barry Smith returning.

Tragic human.

2 hours ago, kristov said:

What would offend me more than any merger would be the lazy, unimaginative naming of the new club as Dundee City. Very civic but altogether insipid.

Dundee FC was very nearly called Juteopolis- that would have been fucking smashing.

Anyway, Dundee FC doesn't do mediocrity- if we're not surviving relegation to the third tier after 25-point deductions we're signing World Cup superstars. These last few years of top-flight football and boardroom stability have been the most uneventful in my 30 years of supporting the club. The roller coaster will no doubt start again when the new ground development falls through just after Dens is bought back. The Americans, before doing the whole Ron Dixon absentee chairman thing, sell Dens to the highest bidder to cut their losses, leaving us homeless fighting relegation to League 1. (The club, of course, being relegated in the all Dundee play off final the year before).

McCann will be sacked, eventually, but he wont go quietly -insisting that the team was about to turn the corner and he wasn't given enough time. Unfair dismissal claims and lawsuits commence but, in a stroke of luck, Dundee escape costly legal battles after McCann's lawyers file their claims against the wrong city club. McCann, you see, has returned to Sky Sports by now and CAN'T TELL THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DUNDEE AND DUNDEE UNITED.

Jocky will be wheeled out his nursing home to take charge of the Championship playoff final against Arbroath. Jocky ultimately saves the club from the utter, utter ignominy of third tier football but is sacked the following season while the club is 5 points clear at the top of the league.

Can't fucking wait.

Dundee are Footballs version of Pete Doherty, Utd are more Daniel O'Donnellesque.

Could make an interesting partnership as Juteopolis.

Was looking at potential new managers then I seen county’s ,

How does co-managers work? No sarcasm genuinely curious, who has the last say? Who picks the team? What do they do if they aren’t in 100% agreement?

Unfortunately sacking McCann won’t fix this mess at the football club. I backed McCann last season and said on numerous occasions that I thought he would come good but I hold my hands up, I was definitely wrong. I still believe that his ideas are good, but he doesn’t have the personality to be a good manger. In fact, he’s not even close.

McCann obviously has to go ASAP but he clowns above him (Nelms, Martin etc) have to take an equal share of the blame for this. They are so out of touch with the fans it’s not even funny. Between 500-1000home fans down on last season already. Last season was also a fall on the season before yet they continue to ramp up the ticket prices season on season. 30 fucking pounds to watch us play Celtic when we’re sitting rock bottom of the league. I have a season ticket and I won’t even be there, hopefully more people do the same and stay away for that one.

McCann has to go, but some others are just as culpable for the position we find ourselves in. Changing managers might keep us up this season, but it’s inevitable that if the board keep going the way they are, we’ll be relegated sooner rather than later.