All things Dundee FC

27 minutes ago, Newmember said:

Jimmy oh jimmy Mac when are u coming back 

With Doddsy

Met with the board on Saturday in perth 

Good scoop mate shame you couldn't let us know this before he was appointed.

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Him and Chisholm wouldn't accept the CVA and would happily have sent the club into liquidation. 

Dundee fans are raging that two of their creditors actually wanted the money they were contracted to receive.  Disgraceful stuff from Dodds and Chisholm, trying to pay their mortgage and feed their families.

I can understand why Dundee fans would be raging about Dodds being appointed, and can get that many will see McIntyre as an uninspiring and dull appointment, but why are some losing their shit about it (see the guy who is claiming he won't go back to Dens whilst McIntyre is in charge :lol:)?

Am I missing something?

Weirdly quick turnaround on that appointment. 

All I can say is that McIntyre did win the League Cup with County which was great, but god he was infuriating most of the time. Playing people out of position, continually standing by a couple of players no matter how poor they play while treating others shockingly badly. Way he treated Scott Boyd will always stick in my craw, just shoddy, he was our record appearance holder since joining the SFL, going into his testimonial season and just got punted to Kilmarnock. Where he proceeded to prove he was clearly still good enough for the top flight. 

The big lesson of his time at County though is he just...pish at evaluating signings. We signed some serious dross under him. Oh, and the way he totally played Liam Boyce out of position his first season was baffling in hindsight. I keep thinking of the summer we sold Boyd, right at the start of the summer. Signing Mikkelsen who'd managed 10 or more goals in a season once, in the Danish 2nd tier, & Billy McKay who'd done basically nothing since leaving Caley in 2015. Little wonder we went down.

Good luck, you'll need it if you've not got a Director of Football & McIntyre gets to sign players.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I can understand why Dundee fans would be raging about Dodds being appointed, and can get that many will see McIntyre as an uninspiring and dull appointment, but why are some losing their shit about it (see the guy who is claiming he won't go back to Dens whilst McIntyre is in charge :lol:)?

Am I missing something?

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

Dundee fans are raging that two of their creditors actually wanted the money they were contracted to receive.  Disgraceful stuff from Dodds and Chisholm, trying to pay their mortgage and feed their families.

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

This is bang on. The cheek of someone wanting paid for work. Wouldn’t find Dundee fans doing that, no sir. 

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can't believe you've actually hired a manager who relegated a club last season, to save you from relegation. Struggled to get anything out of a County side with a mammoth budget and one of the best strikers the league's seen lately in Liam Boyce.

In saying that he didn't actually relegate them, completely forgot about the Owen Coyle banter.

f**k off, just f**k off. Please. Thank you. 

I see you missed out his cup success, europe and top 6. 

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

McIntyre has never been employed by Dundee before today though

I think most are making the assumption Dodds will come too. I can't imagine its due to McIntyre's links to Utd.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If Dodds is anywhere near the club, I won't be back. I'll still follow from a far, but the club won't be receiving a single penny from me.

I'm unimpressed with Jim McIntyre as is.

I couldn’t do that but Billy Dodds would get me contemplating it. He’s genuinely the last guy in footballing circles I want employed by our club. 

10 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

You reckon they'd have got their money if the club had gone into liquidation?