All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Sorry to go over old ground, but Jones reaction to diving was to put his head in the grass and wait for the booking, which didn’t come.

My take on this was he lay on the grass with his head in his hands because he'd made a total mess of the chance by tripping over.

28 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're a really nice chap, you won't get far on P&B with that sort of attitude...

Thanks! I think of myself as quite diplomatic, unless it involves Sevco, Timothy's or the DABs; they can all drown while drinking from puddles of my pish!

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So it’s ok to cheat, because the team you cheat against should be good enough to come back and beat you, and if not, it’s there fault.

One of the many Aberdeen fans who screamed for a penalty every time Peter Pawlett launched himself to the ground, I'd imagine.

The more I think about it, the more I see McIntyre as a (potential) three phase f**k up.

1. It’s an underwhelming appointment for any top flight club.

2. He’s a Dab.

3. He’s likely to bring in Billy Dodds as his assistant.

Of all the potential managers we could have hired, Nelms has selected the one person that the fans will give the least amount of support to and may even see a drop in attendances off the back of this appointment should Dodds be involved as well.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of the many Aberdeen fans who screamed for a penalty every time Peter Pawlett launched himself to the ground, I'd imagine.

Of course, but the difference being that I knew that he was diving and would happily admit it afterwards, as was the case for his two game ban. The problem with the Killie fans is that Jordan “fell over accidentally”.

23 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Sorry to go over old ground, but Jones reaction to diving was to put his head in the grass and wait for the booking, which didn’t come.

It has already been explained that he tripped or slipped over the ball and did not dive or cheat.

The Referee awarded a penalty and as we all know it is pointless to argue with the Referee after his decision has been made.

Not sure how you can claim to know what the player was thinking, your on thoughts look a little confused when you don't, not, won't not never write them down.

6 minutes ago, K.T said:

The more I think about it, the more I see McIntyre as a (potential) three phase f**k up.

1. It’s an underwhelming appointment for any top flight club.

2. He’s a Dab.

3. He’s likely to bring in Billy Dodds as his assistant.

Of all the potential managers we could have hired, Nelms has selected the one person that the fans will give the least amount of support to and may even see a drop in attendances off the back of this appointment should Dodds be involved as well.

Apart from that though, 3 points on Saturday would be nice 

I’m with Ludo on the Dodds seethe tbh. I don’t think it’s possible to compare football to any other business. I’ll always remember Craig Robertson giving the club all the money from his testimonial in Admin 2 and I’m sure he needed that money more than EBT Dodds who was trying to get every penny he could and was happy to see us go under.

1 minute ago, KillieCon said:

Are we saying that Jordan's slip could be directly responsible for Billy Dodds getting a gig at Dundee?

Pleasing.

No. If Dodds ends up at Dens it will be entirely down to  McCanns’s lack of skill as a manager and Nelms not listening to the fans.

Not pleasing.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Kenny Miller on Sportsound last night slating referees bad decisions. He said that the decisions like the one in giving Kilmarnock a penalty for Jordan Jones dive, cost managers their jobs, can cost players their place in a squad with a new manager coming in, back room staff jobs can go. No mention whatsoever that the real reason that all this happened was a player cheating and trying to con the referee, which the referee fell for. Cheating players never get the blame, but at the end of the day it’s a cheating player that is at the root of it. If Jordan Jones doesn’t dive the referee doesn’t get conned and give a penalty. The referee isn’t cheating, but players are.

Jordan Jones penalty did not get him sacked, our plastic pitch did not get him sacked, he got sacked because he was utter sh*te at his job.

43 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So it’s ok to cheat, because the team you cheat against should be good enough to come back and beat you, and if not, it’s there fault.

No.  I also made reference to the fact that the two decisions against us were not cheating whereas JJ (based on accepting the ban) did cheat.

What I'm saying is that it wasn't that penalty that got McCann the sack, it was his performance in the role that did.  The JJ penalty may have sped it up a bit.

29 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Of course, but the difference being that I knew that he was diving and would happily admit it afterwards, as was the case for his two game ban. The problem with the Killie fans is that Jordan “fell over accidentally”.

For the record I think JJ dived and the "head in the hands" was because the referee blew so quickly that he assumed he had been done for diving and was trying to signal "awwww no" to avoid a booking.

39 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

It has already been explained that he tripped or slipped over the ball and did not dive or cheat.

The Referee awarded a penalty and as we all know it is pointless to argue with the Referee after his decision has been made.

Not sure how you can claim to know what the player was thinking, your on thoughts look a little confused when you don't, not, won't not never write them down.

Yet you seem to know what he was thinking.