All things Dundee FC

Am I alone? I’m always ridiculously optimistic when a new Manager is appointed. Other than when that c**t Bomber turned up. Jim is going to stop this playing out from the back shite for a start, that will be a massive step forward alone. We’ve got the basis of a decent side. Thank f**k McCann is gone.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Am I alone? I’m always ridiculously optimistic when a new Manager is appointed. Other than when that c**t Bomber turned up. Jim is going to stop this playing out from the back shite for a start, that will be a massive step forward alone. We’ve got the basis of a decent side. Thank f**k McCann is gone.

You're not alone. Top six this year and treble the next. Viva la McIntyre.

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

As we are not going to see the return of Jocky this year, does this mean he must die?

Going by Jocky's rule of 8, a major event must happen.

Billy Dodds is going to get appointed tomorrow and Jocky is going to appear over the horizon in an Apache attack helicopter and take the c**t out on the pitch with a precision Hellfire missile strike during his photoshoot. He'll return tomorrow night to single-handedly repair the pitch and mow a  moody shadow image of his face onto the turf. 

I'm hearing this from a very reliable source. 

Guest Moomintroll

Billy Dodds is going to get appointed tomorrow and Jocky is going to appear over the horizon in a Jet Pack and take the c**t out on the pitch with a precision Hellfire missile strike during his photoshoot. He'll return tomorrow night to single-handedly repair the pitch and mow a  moody shadow image of his face onto the turf. The text below will read "Wha's in cherge"
I'm hearing this from a very reliable source. 

FTFY.

It would probably be best if McIntyre walked away. And might i then suggest to John Nelms that we see this “succession” list of his and we’ll tell him who’s name to get to f**k so this doesn’t happen again.

Thank you.

Less than 24 hours.
Ian Munro was appointed our manager in 1996, but left for Raith Rovers the next day.

Did he replace Tommy McLean who left Raith for United after 6 days?

I wish P+B had been around for this.

Genuine question alert.

What is the beef with Dodds for Dundee fans?
Until today I was completely unaware of its existence.

Dundee couldn’t pay Dodds wages and when they went into admin Dodds and the manager at the time rejected the CVA offer which potentially could’ve liquidated the club. My view as to Dodds right to do this is probably not reflective as the majority on here, certainly not from the Dundee fans, but I also wouldn’t be happy if someone did it to my club.

Dodds then, the time of Rangers death (haha), apparently was quoted as saying that creditors should’ve voted to save them.

45 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m encouraged by his “like to play with wingers” and “high tempo putting pressure on the opposition” comments. Let’s see if he’s true to his word the Dab c**t. 

Still no happy he’s here. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I think Dodds had every right to vote how he did, but I think Dundee fans also have every right not to want him employed by the club.

38 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

That’s pretty much the perfect way to describe this situation.

I don’t think anyone is saying Dodds didn’t have every right to vote as he did.  The law makes it quite clear he can vote as he did.

He just has to accept the consequences of doing so which in this particular case means it has cost him a chance to get back into management.

Edited by Shadow Play

If the numbers being banded about are right and Dodds was due circa £75,000 and offered £4500 (6p/£) as part of the CVA he’s more than within his rights to reject that offer. I certainly would.

Craigkillie sums it up nicely, however.

Kevthedee also sums up a lot of Dundee’s fans nicely.

Night.