All things Dundee FC

"Let’s not forget these are journalists / columnists who never pay to enter Dens and contribute nothing towards the running of the club."

Not entirely true. I did the job for eight years and had a season ticket in all that time even though I wasn't allocated DFC games and occasionally had to cover DAB games. I also sponsored various players.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

And so it begins.  Tom Duthie in the Tele today saying by voting as he did Dodds showed showed strength of character and that Dodds was taking a stance against those who has caused Admin 2. 

How very predictable!

That man and his paper are best ignored. 

Had his head that far up Thompson’s arse you could only see his feet hinging oot. 

8 hours ago, Ylf said:

Listened to sportsound last night. Jug ears Dodds was on it. He doesn’t think he has done anything wrong. Guys deluded. I can see him getting the number 2 job. Remember we are dundee fc anything can happen emoji849.pngemoji849.png

Eh, he didn't do anything wrong. Which doesn't change that Dundee fans are completely entitled to hold a grudge against him for what he did. If he did it to County I'd certainly not be desperate to see him back at Victoria Park. He was within his rights to do what he did, ultimately it wasn't him who put the club in administration but the motivation doesn't matter if the end result is he voted to round up the club.

That said, I do think it is maybe shortsighted? People at Ross County are very positive about Dodds & the work he did with our strikers.

Mind you, the pundits, all Dodds pals in the media have done a staggering job at completely missing why Dundee fans have their grudge.

48 minutes ago, forkboy said:

That said, I do think it is maybe shortsighted?

The thing is Billy Dodds is all about the integrity allegedly.

So it’s really an integrity issue that he believes he can vote to kill a company off and then later, hopes to start earning a wage back at the company he voted to kill off. Where’s his integrity there? 

He may be a good coach or not but ultimately it’s bigger than that. Many people suffer through an admin, people like Dodds who lose jobs, people who are due money, the fans. Dodds acts like he was the only one affected, many Dundee fans did loads to keep the club going when he voted to end it all. It was there second time having to do it! Then the same people who dedicated the time, the money, the emotion to keep things going are expected to welcome him back who went against everything the fans tried to do! It’s just so fundamentally wrong! 

Yet him and his journos pals are like, need to move on. No. Plenty of good coaches out there and to be frank, if McIntyre has to have him, well in my mind, there are plenty of other managers of mcintyres ability about. (This isn’t meant to be a rant at you personally forkboy,  just frustration at the situation and media)

So to sum up. f**k Dodds and f**k any journalist who says Dundee fans need to get over it.

All of this us being shit and Dodds thing has distracted from the fact we have had zero news in the way of the stadium "that would be getting built regardless of the division we are in".

Me thinks bullshit.

We are in a world of trouble but at least McIntyre had an accurate day at the office to see what needs fixing. Probably would be easier to start new with no squad in fairness.

Isn't the penalty for abandoning a match only 3-0? 

Can someone name the permanent signing that McCann made thats good enough for this league? I can name Hendry and Kamara, and thats it, one has already left, and the other one will be away in a couple of months.

His signings were an absolute clusterfuck, all of these useless diddy non league fuckers are never good enough, I said in the summer when we signed them that they werent good enough and got slaughtered by some posters. You walk in a shite covered park, and you will get covered in shite, youre never going to come out of it clean.

Moussa, Mendy, Nabi, Spence, Hamilton, Ralph, Kusunga, Meekings, Deacon, Ngwatala, OAP Miller & Madianga are all absolute utter shite. We are going down, make no mistake, that squad would be fighting to avoid relegation in The Championship let alone The Premiership. Absolute shambles of a club.

The worrying thing for me is that the people I've spoken to have said that's comfortably our worst performance of the season.

I hope the players haven't reacted negatively to McCann getting punted.