All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

A few serious points from me as opposed to my usual shitty wind-up attempts.  None of these points are based on one side or another:

• If McIntyre wants Dodds then he should bring him in.  If Dodds is big enough to take the abuse and wants to come in then McIntyre should just make the decison.
  • It reflects poorly on McIntyre if he wants to bring him in - either shows that the board don't support him enough to bring Dodds in despite the fans and/or reflects poorly on McIntyre from a player side that he doesn't have the courage of his conviction to push it with the board (assuming he hasn't).  
  • If Dodds came in and by some miracle became the missing link that suddenly transformed Dundee who went on a run like we did last year then I'm sure a lot, not all of course, of the fans would forget about the previous issue.  Football is a results business for players, managers and fans.
  • If Dodds does come in then it will be very interesting to see what the fans do next.  Its hard to tell sometimes if P+B is a fair reflection of fan bases - same with whatever the Dundee fans forum is.  Our main fans forum tried to push the boycott to get our chairman out which, in my opinion, was ignored by the majority of our fans.  

Very rarely post here but am on all Dundee related pages and reading them all...Billy Dodds can indeed f**k off.

I'm on a what's app chat with three Dundee fans (two are season ticket holders) and all three would accept Dodds if that's what McIntyre wants.

This could be one of those cases of the vocal supporters calling for one thing - but many other fans just keeping quiet.

Has anyone on this thread admitted that they would tolerate Dodds coming in?

And on the other side, would anyone do anything other than moan and give him grief? Any boycotters?

The problem I see with Dodds is that he was never going to get the full amount of money he was due so voting against a CVA was done out of pure spite ...he would rather the club folded than accept a couple of grand payment....he also seems to forget that there was fans cleaning out their bank accounts trying to keep the club going so that there was enough money to pay him his few grand.

I wouldn't judge any Dundee fan that opted to stay well away if they employed Billy Dodds again in any capacity, tbh. I imagine I would feel the same way if McNamara ever somehow talked his way back into a job at Firhill.

Something that might mitigate the outrage is if Mr. BILLY LIKE FUTBA is given a contract with terms and conditions that heavily favour Dundee and it's subsequently well publicised/leaked. Then again, if you're going to boycott it could well matter not a jot to you whether he's on the minimum wage and has a clause allowing all Dundee season ticket holders free reign to pelt him with rotten eggs on matchdays with impunity.

59 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

The problem I see with Dodds is that he was never going to get the full amount of money he was due so voting against a CVA was done out of pure spite ...he would rather the club folded than accept a couple of grand payment....he also seems to forget that there was fans cleaning out their bank accounts trying to keep the club going so that there was enough money to pay him his few grand.

Correct.  Given that Dundee had few assets of value and the debts were so great Dodds would probably have been lucky to get much more than 6p in the pound.  

If he was due roughly £100k instead of getting the £6k he received he would probably have been lucky to get £15k if others had voted as he did.  In other words he was willing to see Dundee fold for the sake of less than £10k.

McIntyre, Dodds and their media pals now think he should just walk back into Dens and pick up a more than decent wage from a club that wouldn’t exist if others had voted as he did.  

I never spent over £500 on my season ticket and the kid’s season tickets to line Dodds’s pockets.  

Nelms, what have you done?  You really couldn’t make it up!

Edited by Shadow Play

Anyone who's claiming they're not completely against Dodds will just be panicking at the situation we're in and desperate to do anything that'll help. I saw a few tweets after Saturday which went along the lines of 'if he manages to help turn this around and keeps us up then just do it'. To think that he's the difference between us staying up and going down is fanciful at best, though. Frankly, if we can't stay up without hiring Billy fucking Dodds then we don't deserve to be a top flight team.

If we employed Dodds and things didn't improve, the atmosphere would be toxic and Nelms would start to lose a lot of faith from a fan base that's slowly beginning to doubt he's got any clue about anything football related. It's a complete no-goer which I'm fairly certain isn't going to happen, but the fact it's still being discussed shows how much of a farce the whole thing is.

McIntyre clearly isn't happy and tomorrow's inevitable loss will just make him push for this more. 

This is Nelms' fault.

This is one of the first times I've seen the whole media be completely out of touch with a situation. When practically every single pundit, former players and a legend or so are telling the fans to 'get over it' you'd think that the P&B collective would use it as a good opportunity to slaughter us. It's heartwarming to see most of us unite on the fact that Dodds is a c**t and wouldn't be welcomed by others if he'd done what he done to their club.

ive dodds comes in theres every chance nelms will see an instant drop in attendance. i can easily see 500 plus disappearing over night and if results dont improve that will only get worse. im not saying i agree with the stay away fans but i wouldnt hold it against them.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

This is one of the first times I've seen the whole media be completely out of touch with a situation. When practically every single pundit, former players and a legend or so are telling the fans to 'get over it' you'd think that the P&B collective would use it as a good opportunity to slaughter us. It's heartwarming to see most of us unite on the fact that Dodds is a c**t and wouldn't be welcomed by others if he'd done what he done to their club.

I've noticed this as well.  Even the bloke Duthie from the Tele (who is supposed to be a Dee) has been banging the "lets move on" drum.  Most if not all fans of other clubs that I've talked to don't know the full story and the pundits certainly don't either.  Dodds can GTF as far as I'm concerned.   

Correct.  Given that Dundee had few assets of value and the debts were so great Dodds would probably have been lucky to get much more than 6p in the pound.  
If he was due roughly £100k instead of getting the £6k he received he would probably have been lucky to get £15k if others had voted as he did.  In other words he was willing to see Dundee fold for the sake of less than £10k.
McIntyre, Dodds and their media pals now think he should just walk back into Dens and pick up a more than decent wage from a club that wouldn’t exist if others had voted as he did.  
I never spent over £500 on my season ticket and the kid’s season tickets to line Dodds’s pockets.  
Nelms, what have you done?  You really couldn’t make it up!
[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

6 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

How would you feel about Dodds coming in as coach of Dundee City United or whatever this new joint club will be called? Will that be ok?

Jesus Christ. Okay we all know Kilmarnock are doing good this year but calm right down wee man.

The problem is most club's have a natural rivalry to get on with and the patter that ensues with that.

I guess no one ever really bothered with wee Kilmarnock. You can hang out here I guess. I'm sure the others won't mind.

7 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

How would you feel about Dodds coming in as coach of Dundee City United or whatever this new joint club will be called? Will that be ok?

*Shakes head*

Seriously, wtf has happened to you? :lol:

Anyway, on topic. Nelms appears to be having a multi-season brain fart here. The whole McCann leaving/re-hired thing was bizarre, but this is full-on mental. Dodds is a c**t, of that there is little doubt. I'm not even all that bothered about his CVA vote either, I don't think it's completely fanciful to expect someone with little emotional connection to the club to vote down a CVA in which he was going to be financially shafted. What really boils my piss is his blatant hypocrisy over the Rangers situation in 2012. The whole McIntyre-Dodds fiasco really  nails the theory that Nelms is way out of his depth when it comes to hands on football matters. Surely even the slightest hint of research before appointing McIntyre would have revealed that bringing in Dodds as well might not be the best idea

I almost admire Dodds here  in a roundabout way tbh, to actively want to be employed at a club where he knows that a huge portion of the fanbase think he's absolute poison and will be fucking hounding him if the team don't pick up results-wise (and let's face it, we probably won't) takes some bollocks. 

Would it be an awful idea to have someone like Archie Knox in as a Director of Football as someone to effectively take the "football" decisions? 

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I've seen folk saying McIntyre and Dodds are obviously great at working together as they won the League Cup Final with Ross County in 2016. Here's their route to the final:

Screenshot_20181023-150019_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e59395c3f120eda84448373173d5cf94.jpg

An astounding achievement. 

*insert joke about Dundee losing to two of those teams this season*

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I've seen folk saying McIntyre and Dodds are obviously great at working together as they won the League Cup Final with Ross County in 2016. Here's their route to the final:

Screenshot_20181023-150019_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e59395c3f120eda84448373173d5cf94.jpg

An astounding achievement. 

I'm not sure that can even be considered relevant. Didn't County have Liam Boyce at that time? We've got fucking Moussa.

If we employed Dodds and things didn't improve, the atmosphere would be toxic and Nelms would start to lose a lot of faith from a fan base that's slowly beginning to doubt he's got any clue about anything football related.

I've never understood what a director of football brought to a club but I'm beginning to think we need someone in there to advise Nelms on the football side.