All things Dundee FC

33 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

You literally have 1 more point than us.

3 of their points were courtesy of McCann’s obsession with playing out from the back.......and his insistence on sticking with Moussa!

No other manager in the league would be stupid enough to do either, surely!

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

3 of their points were courtesy of McCann’s obsession with playing out from the back.......and his insistence on sticking with Moussa!

No other manager in the league would be stupid enough to do either, surely!

And signing FlapJack. 

For actual real money. 

I had a bit of a trip down memory lane (christ, the thread is about 8 years old) off the back of all this furore, so that's something.

Can't quote the Gold thread properly but a snippet from the Alternative Leigh Griffiths Blog.

"'Well Billy, that's you aff, eh? Affy sorry yi' got the bullet, pal. Yi'll be a'right though! Boy like you'll hae another gig on the go in nae time.'

Billy nodded and creased his face as if it was daft to suggest he was stuck for work.

'Billy's on the radio! Speaks about futba.'

Jocky opened his arms up in a "well there you go" gesture.

'See! It's nae bather! If any c**t ever puts that Video Killed the Radio Star sang on eh'll say, "ow, cunto, that's no' entirely true, like," and tell them meh pal Billy's a wee star and he's on the radio, ken? Eh? Fuckin' right.'

They shook hands and embraced. Watching them say goodbye brought the tears back to my eyes, and when Billy came to me to say farewell with a sad yet brave look that would melt a glacier I couldn't help but let them run down my cheeks. Billy had been there for me. He was there when I pulled the lever, been prepared to fight for me when Brannan's goons threatened me afterwards and taken the long journey up the Tay to find Jocky. He was a good man and a great friend whom I would miss terribly. We didn't say a word as he hugged goodbye. Everything I needed to know was in his bright, sparkling eyes and the nod of complete understanding he gave me as we broke our embrace.

He looked and smiled at us in turn then wandered off to his tricycle. He put his propellor hat on, revved the engine (or at least made the noise it would make if it had an engine) and pedalled off. Jocky and I stood watching him go as the removal guys, who would follow on to Billy's new location shortly, started packing up the bouncy castle. Just as he was almost out of sight Billy swerved round and came back towards us. With an enormous smile he approached to within a few feet, bellowed, 'BILLY LIKES FUTBA!', then turned without stopping and disappeared back down the road until he vanished from sight.

See yi' later, Billy. See yi', pal."

-

THE STORY CONTINUES...?

Guest Moomintroll

I had a bit of a trip down memory lane (christ, the thread is about 8 years old) off the back of all this furore, so that's something.

Can't quote the Gold thread properly but a snippet from the Alternative Leigh Griffiths Blog.

"'Well Billy, that's you aff, eh? Affy sorry yi' got the bullet, pal. Yi'll be a'right though! Boy like you'll hae another gig on the go in nae time.'

Billy nodded and creased his face as if it was daft to suggest he was stuck for work.

'Billy's on the radio! Speaks about futba.'

Jocky opened his arms up in a "well there you go" gesture.

'See! It's nae bather! If any c**t ever puts that Video Killed the Radio Star sang on eh'll say, "ow, cunto, that's no' entirely true, like," and tell them meh pal Billy's a wee star and he's on the radio, ken? Eh? Fuckin' right.'

They shook hands and embraced. Watching them say goodbye brought the tears back to my eyes, and when Billy came to me to say farewell with a sad yet brave look that would melt a glacier I couldn't help but let them run down my cheeks. Billy had been there for me. He was there when I pulled the lever, been prepared to fight for me when Brannan's goons threatened me afterwards and taken the long journey up the Tay to find Jocky. He was a good man and a great friend whom I would miss terribly. We didn't say a word as he hugged goodbye. Everything I needed to know was in his bright, sparkling eyes and the nod of complete understanding he gave me as we broke our embrace.

He looked and smiled at us in turn then wandered off to his tricycle. He put his propellor hat on, revved the engine (or at least made the noise it would make if it had an engine) and pedalled off. Jocky and I stood watching him go as the removal guys, who would follow on to Billy's new location shortly, started packing up the bouncy castle. Just as he was almost out of sight Billy swerved round and came back towards us. With an enormous smile he approached to within a few feet, bellowed, 'BILLY LIKES FUTBA!', then turned without stopping and disappeared back down the road until he vanished from sight.

See yi' later, Billy. See yi', pal."

-

THE STORY CONTINUES...?

Need to read that whole thread again for the umpteenth time, looking at the score so far tonight this could still be the year of the Jocky. Wha's in cherge.

Dee TV commentator guy is surely just taking the pish, speaking about Deacon being chased by Championship sides and being a right good player, and says Spence is an asset for the club. Honest to god man, they are both Lochee Utd standard. Thinks the squad has great potential, and things will come good.

McCann is that you?

Edited by srw

2 minutes ago, srw said:

Dee TV commentator guy is surely just taking the pish, speaking about Deacon being chased by Championship sides and being a right good player, and says Spence is an asset for the club. Honest to god man, they are both Lochee Utd standard.

Steady on, that's a bit harsh.......on Lochee Utd

Not looking good. Not sure what McIntyre can do to turn this around?Mcanns signings have been a disaster. Best we can hope is to not be cut adrift by January and then spunk some cash on 2 or 3 players in the window.

And to think there's been guys on here who actually thought there was the makings of a decent squad there!! Get a grip guys, that lot are cannon fodder, McCann's left us in a worse state than Hartley and I'll say it again, serious questions need asked about the board! Maybe they're the posters being positive about the squad :thumbsdown