All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jocky Scott has by and large an excellent record with us and would have been an ideal number 2 for McCann.

Utter horseshit such as this is why Dundee deserve to be relegated.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Smith as DoF and Mcculloch as assistant manager would be a good bit of business.

If I remember correctly, Mcculloch's signings were quite good, he just wasn't able to manage very well so could be a great number 2. Is it not largely the squad Mcculloch built that Steve Clarke has flying? @Dindeleux @Estragon

Yes thats exactly right.  McCulloch has something to offer......possibly even as a manager still although he was lacking the tactical nous of Clarke (to be fair to Lee its a bit of an unfair comparison to make).

He seemed to forget about Power after we lost to Ayr in the LC at the start of last season but Broadfoot, Greer, S(G)OD, Power and Brophy were all his signings.

Our team in that game at Somerset last July was:

MacDonald

SOD, Broadfoot, Scott Boyd, Waters (no idea why Taylor was on the bench, 3/4 of those players are still in our first team squad)

Wilson, Power, Frizzel, McKenzie ( only Frizzel from that midfield are not in SSC plans)

Jones, Boyd

Its actually frightening the difference that Clarke has made to these players.

McIntyre was the easy, cheap, rushed and most importantly WRONG appointment.

He's had the worst start of any Dundee manager that I can remember, absolutely pathetic appointment by Nelms, sacked McCann at the wrong time.  He said we were going back to basics, what basics? The team and system he has put out has been pathetic in these two games, we've gone backwards the players despite the results showed some dig, fight and desire for McCann they have shown nothing for McIntyre.

Don't care if he's only a few days in the door - Hartley, Brown, Smith, Jocky were all managed better in the same or less time.  If McIntyre was the answer to Nelms then I really must wonder what the question was because he is not the man to take us forward indeed, he's always shown signs of taking us backwards.

26 minutes ago, General said:

He's had the worst start of any Dundee manager that I can remember, absolutely pathetic appointment by Nelms, sacked McCann at the wrong time.  He said we were going back to basics, what basics? The team and system he has put out has been pathetic in these two games, we've gone backwards the players despite the results showed some dig, fight and desire for McCann they have shown nothing for McIntyre.

Don't care if he's only a few days in the door - Hartley, Brown, Smith, Jocky were all managed better in the same or less time.  If McIntyre was the answer to Nelms then I really must wonder what the question was because he is not the man to take us forward indeed, he's always shown signs of taking us backwards.

He got the criteria. 10 years + managing experience. Scottish League management experience and recent cup win.

He ticked all the boxes and he had his first match 3 days on and his second against the league leaders. 

We wanted a manager and we got one but at least give him a realistic chance to sort something out and find his men.

Next is Celtic. If you're crying already I suggest you head to the shop and buy some "people size" Kleenex tissues.

Going to say an unpopular thing but if McIntyre can't steady the ship the best thing we can do is let it sink and rebuild it from the championship.

I love Dundee FC and no matter what happens I will support it. I have however total faith we can still turn it around but no one was honestly expecting anything from these games anyway.

It was the BEST time to get rid of our manager and try bleed another one without a risk of losing anything.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

He got the criteria. 10 years + managing experience. Scottish League management experience and recent cup win.

He ticked all the boxes and he had his first match 3 days on and his second against the league leaders. 

We wanted a manager and we got one but at least give him a realistic chance to sort something out and find his men.

Next is Celtic. If you're crying already I suggest you head to the shop and buy some "people size" Kleenex tissues.

Going to say an unpopular thing but if McIntyre can't steady the ship the best thing we can do is let it sink and rebuild it from the championship.

I love Dundee FC and no matter what happens I will support it. I have however total faith we can still turn it around but no one was honestly expecting anything from these games anyway.

It was the BEST time to get rid of our manager and try bleed another one without a risk of losing anything.

^^^^. Death threats incoming from the mouth breathers.

Should read Dundees forum. They reckon he's "a hard man", has "plenty of dig" and "is better than the spineless shitebags we've got just now". 
Interesting to see how long it takes for their opinions to change.

He had an excellent debut for us vs Motherwell and steadied the midfield. Terrible after that especially after the split and in the play-off. Literally the opposite than the quotes above. Absolute shitebag.

3 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

Commiserations, guys. Martin Woods ranks quite respectably as one of my most despised Thistle players of all time. A complete and utter charlatan.

Came in here with the intentions of making pretty much this exact post.

A complete imposter. Points and shouts occasionally, and then spends the rest of the time shirking tackles and playing sideways nothing passes. Hogs the set pieces as well and does f**k all with them.

Edited by Nightmare

32 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Criteria, what a load of shit wonder who is next on the 'succession' list.

What difference does it make if the first game was after a couple of days? Hartley came in a couple of days before beat our challengers Hamilton after three without a win.  Brown came in on the back of five defeats with a few days notice and got a draw.  Barry Smith came in and went unbeaten for 20 odd games following a poor start. Jocky came in one day before a game and got us points.  The fact of the matter is he's had the worst start of any Dundee manager in a long time.

A few weeks ago, we were saying how we were playing well and not getting results and that it would click, what happened was we went to Hamilton battled hard and got a win, we played Killie a Dens and were organised and were unlucky with a deflected goal and a dodgy penalty.  This may have been us starting to gel and click since then we waited a full ten days before deciding to change the manager giving him no time to work with the players - he's changed the system, the personnel and we look WORSE.  There has been no organisation, no back to basics like he said, the players look demotivated and disillusioned and what now it's going to take another two months before the players get used to this system? By that point it is too late. 

If they really wanted to dump McCann is should have been done at the start of the international break not at the end of it.  Nelms has brought in the wrong man once again and he doesn't have a clue, he was about to (and might still) bring in Billy Dodds.  I make no apology for saying it how I see it and I really hope McIntyre can prove me wrong but on the evidence produced so far, we've gone backwards, the players don't look like they have a clue what they're supposed to be doing.  We've went from competing in games, sometimes being unlucky against St Mirren, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Hamilton, St Johnstone and Motherwell to not even competing.  The players despite everything were battling and trying to turn things around and I'm sorry to say I've seen nothing in the these last two games except terrible performances, terrible defending and players that have not been set up or organised correctly.

We're all Dundee fans, we all want the club to do well and we will always support them but this has been a shit show from the start.  Like I said I really hope McIntyre can turn us around but he's taken us backwards so far - I am certain we'd not have shipped seven goals without reply if McCann was still in the dugout.

McIntyre is our Mixu.

Edited by General

1 hour ago, General said:

McCann’s teams wouldn’t have been pumped by 3 and 4 to Hearts and Livi. That’s how bad a fist McIntyre has made of things so far. 

See this shite about a manager or assistant 'knowing the club' that gets chucked around about various candidates whenever a job is available in Scotland; what does it even mean?! It's meaningless pish. Would Barry Smith or Jocky Scott know Dundee? They would never have worked with any of the players. The board are all different. The club staff are probably different. The club strategy would surely be different. The goals set would be different. 

Does 'he knows the club' actually mean that they once played for the club or once managed them? Because it can't mean anything more than that. It's empty bollocks that encourages people who once had an association with a club towards a job they're almost always ill suited for (mostly due to being shite).