All things Dundee FC

Does anyone think Dodds will actually get the number 2 job?

Yes because if he wasn’t getting it Nelms would have come out with a statement by now categorically ruling him out in order to stop this nonsense. We also would have appointed another assistant by now if he wasn’t still being considered.

So a wee extract from The Sun article:

Billy Dodds says: 

“It was never about money, anyone who knows me will tell you that’s just not how I operate.”

“But I’m a person who is about what’s right and wrong in this society, so I wasn’t going to vote on something I didn’t believe in.”

The same Billy Dodds who took EBT’s from sevco !!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, SpiderDee said:

So a wee extract from The Sun article:

Billy Dodds says: 

“It was never about money, anyone who knows me will tell you that’s just not how I operate.”

“But I’m a person who is about what’s right and wrong in this society, so I wasn’t going to vote on something I didn’t believe in.”

The same Billy Dodds who took EBT’s from sevco !!!!!!!

Was  just away to put the exact same. Think the man’s lost track of his bullshitting. He must think we’re all gullible. 

2 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

And that coming from a fermer.

I haven't read them beyond what's on here. However if he genuinely "sees no need to apologise" as some have quoted then I agree he is deluded. Even if he does there is a lot of healing to be done. The opportunity is in its last days if it hasn't already gone.

Billy Dodds is a football mercenary who would bin us at the drop of a hat. Goes from club to club to club and shows zero loyalty to any. f**k him and all who sail with him!

NO DABS AT DENS 

1 hour ago, Ylf said:

Does anyone think Dodds will actually get the number 2 job?

Yes I do. I think if the reaction to his possible appointment tonight is fairly low key he’ll get appointed by the end of week. I hope the 3 sides of Dens tonight are in unison with our disapproval of the rat tho. 

Be prepared to listen to his mates stick up for him on Radio Scotland tonight on the way to the game how the vast, vast majority of Dees are wrong and his mates are right. 

As much as I find this whole thing hilarious, I find it hard to believe that even someone with as apparently little knowledge of football as Nelms could think that Billy Dodds is the missing link in the project.

The only positives you would get from appointing him are that he would no longer be on Sportsound, and you’d have the pleasure of seeing him get the bullet in about 6 months time.

My favourite comment that I saw from Dodds was he “knew the CVA was going to be voted through anyway so his vote was always going to be irrelevant”.

Now, it’s more than understandable that someone in that position would want to make sure they are paid as much as possible. Surely though, if the CVA was always going to be voted through, he could have played a blinder by voting in favour, taking one for the team and ensuring the club’s survival. He would then be regarded as a hero (ish) for giving up what he was due to save the club.

But no.

He decided to make sure everyone knew what he really cared about.

His 'side' of the story is utter nonsense. He could easily have made a statement about it whilst voting for the CVA. It's not as if Twitter and Facebook for example weren't around at the time. He could have said everything he needed to say and not incurred the hate of almost an entire support. If he really was that concerned about things then why has it taken until now for him to explain it?

He can't seriously believe that the Dundee fans will now all suddenly change their minds and think to themselves "ah, we were wrong, wee Doddsy is a good guy who's all about the integrity, let's get him appointed now, all is forgiven"?!

27 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

As much as I find this whole thing hilarious, I find it hard to believe that even someone with as apparently little knowledge of football as Nelms could think that Billy Dodds is the missing link in the project.

The only positives you would get from appointing him are that he would no longer be on Sportsound, and you’d have the pleasure of seeing him get the bullet in about 6 months time.

This is the most pertinent point. He almost certainly isn't worth the hassle. 

Seems I was also wrong earlier. It appears the time for apologies has passed for the majority, which is enough.

1 hour ago, stu2910 said:

My favourite comment that I saw from Dodds was he “knew the CVA was going to be voted through anyway so his vote was always going to be irrelevant”.

Now, it’s more than understandable that someone in that position would want to make sure they are paid as much as possible. Surely though, if the CVA was always going to be voted through, he could have played a blinder by voting in favour, taking one for the team and ensuring the club’s survival. He would then be regarded as a hero (ish) for giving up what he was due to save the club.

But no.

He decided to make sure everyone knew what he really cared about.

Spot on. You’d be telling everyone how I done my bit to save the club.