All things Dundee FC

5 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Anyone got any idea what led Cammy Kerr to tell the fans to “f**k off” at the final whistle yesterday?

Some old b*****d was having a go at him after full time, he told him (and only him) to "f**k off" then applauded the rest of the Dundee fans.

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

It would have been Alan Gilzean’s 80th birthday today or tomorrow depending on which source you choose. IMG_0610.jpg

Well if it's today, this is the first time I've realised I share a birthday with the great man. 

Not fishing for birthday wishes, guys. 

Spoiler

5bcd9e863f8b8_unnamed(18).gif.cfa60f5ffaa0b4e2906c53bd890452ba.gif

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1432099-dundee-boss-mcintyre-in-dark-over-potential-move-for-dodds/

Going by here and twitter, it's more than 'some' fans who don't want Dodds at Dundee. Surely the board just need to put their foot down in this instance and say it's just not happening. Seems crazy they weren't aware this would be such a big issue.

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1432099-dundee-boss-mcintyre-in-dark-over-potential-move-for-dodds/

Going by here and twitter, it's more than 'some' fans who don't want Dodds at Dundee. Surely the board just need to put their foot down in this instance and say it's just not happening. Seems crazy they weren't aware this would be such a big issue.

More to the point since when did Billy Dodds because a messiah and tactical genius in the coaching world. Get him tae f**k. It’s bad enough having McIntyre. 

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The fact the board haven't put their foot down and categorically ruled him out makes me think it'll still happen. Nelms is just trying to find the best way to spin it to the fans. Definitely won't go down well at all, and it was all so avoidable had Nelms done any sort of research on McIntyre and Dodds before appointing him.  

36 minutes ago, an-dee said:

The fact the board haven't put their foot down and categorically ruled him out makes me think it'll still happen. Nelms is just trying to find the best way to spin it to the fans. Definitely won't go down well at all, and it was all so avoidable had Nelms done any sort of research on McIntyre and Dodds before appointing him.  

I think it’ll happen after the Hearts game because they’ll think the situation will die down a little before the Celtic game comes around. Oh how wrong they will be!

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm more mortified by the fact that some sections of our support are beginning to back Dodds.

To be honest that opinion is very, very little but my reaction is the same as yours. This isn’t down to someone who played for our rivals (not St Johnstone), who liked to get it up us on the park or never had a good word about the club in his media job. This is a little p***k who tried to get the doors shut at the club. 

If McIntyre can’t manage without Dodds then don’t let the door hit his arse on the way out.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm more mortified by the fact that some sections of our support are beginning to back Dodds.

Some horrifying backtracking on some comments online. The general theme from those not bothered if he returns seems to be, "Ach, if McIntyre feels he needs him to help him, bring him in". These will be the thick fucks who have been won over by his thick mates in the media arguing that he should get the job. 

I cannot wrap my head around that mentality. The guy would have left us without a club to support and some folk are willing to turn a blind eye because the new gaffer feels that he needs him?

I'd rather tell McIntyre to GTF and start again tbh, if we could afford to be paying off 2 managers within days. 

If he somehow manages to weasel himself into the job there'll be boxing in the stands IMO. At least that would bring some excitement to Dens. 

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Some horrifying backtracking on some comments online. The general theme from those not bothered if he returns seems to be, "Ach, if McIntyre feels he needs him to help him, bring him in". These will be the thick fucks who have been won over by his thick mates in the media arguing that he should get the job. 

I cannot wrap my head around that mentality. The guy would have left us without a club to support and some folk are willing to turn a blind eye because the new gaffer feels that he needs him?

I'd rather tell McIntyre to GTF and start again tbh, if we could afford to be paying off 2 managers within days. 

If he somehow manages to weasel himself into the job there'll be boxing in the stands IMO. At least that would bring some excitement to Dens. 

Great post and happy birthday!

Imagine if Dodds got appointed on your birthday :lol: :lol:

Edited by Yenitit

23 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Anyone got any idea what led Cammy Kerr to tell the fans to “f**k off” at the final whistle yesterday?

Jordan Jones was waving at him from the crowd as he had a day off and decided to take in the game.

Cammy apparently holds grudges.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

More to the point since when did Billy Dodds because a messiah and tactical genius in the coaching world. Get him tae f**k. It’s bad enough having McIntyre. 

Your think your chairman could look at Livingston, who hired a manager and didn't bother getting him "his" coaching staff, and see that hiring Dodds isn't necessary.