All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The worrying thing for me is that the people I've spoken to have said that's comfortably our worst performance of the season.

I hope the players haven't reacted negatively to McCann getting punted. 

Was it not reported McCann had taken training in the morning, then the players found out he'd sacked by WhatsApp in the afternoon?

The worrying thing for me is that the people I've spoken to have said that's comfortably our worst performance of the season. I hope the players haven't reacted negatively to McCann getting punted. 

By an absolute mile. Worst Dundee performance I think I’ve ever seen.

Livi didn’t get out of 1st gear and won 4-0. Worrying times.

I felt that under McCann although we were dreadful, at least there was some fight there. Today there was absolutely no dig or fight.

f**k me, people starting to think we were better under McCann after one game! He signed an absolute shower of shite and whoever took over is going to be up against it

You don’t think that was our worst performance of the season? That’s all that’s been said, nobody has said that McCann is a better manager.

Can someone name the permanent signing that McCann made thats good enough for this league? I can name Hendry and Kamara, and thats it, one has already left, and the other one will be away in a couple of months.
His signings were an absolute clusterfuck, all of these useless diddy non league fuckers are never good enough, I said in the summer when we signed them that they werent good enough and got slaughtered by some posters. You walk in a shite covered park, and you will get covered in shite, youre never going to come out of it clean.
Moussa, Mendy, Nabi, Spence, Hamilton, Ralph, Kusunga, Meekings, Deacon, Ngwatala, OAP Miller & Madianga are all absolute utter shite. We are going down, make no mistake, that squad would be fighting to avoid relegation in The Championship let alone The Premiership. Absolute shambles of a club.

Love a blind rage rant, unfortunately our club needs to get relegated to reset in a season of such tribulation. The players McCann has brought in seem to be able to comfortably beat league 1 teams and nothing more. Alas im not sure even the great Pep Guardiola could turn this around.

2 hours ago, ravabelli said:

f**k me, people starting to think we were better under McCann after one game! He signed an absolute shower of shite and whoever took over is going to be up against it

Agreed but being totally honest today’s offering was absolutely brutal. Anti football lump up the park shite.

Did he have us set up to defend properly at set pieces?

Were players given specific instructions on who to pick up because it was an absolute shambles defending set pieces. This doesn’t take days preparation to work out.  

No one left up the park for set pieces against.

He said he likes to play with wingers where were they?

Is he going to coo doon and play around Kenny Miller because how he stayed on the park is a miracle. Did he really end up playing centre midfield?

I’m hoping for a really bad winter from now until January to get as many games off as possible from now until the next transfer!

NO DABS AT DENS PLEASE 

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

What’s he deal with Jack Lambert? Is he injured?

That’s another mystery. Apparently a stand out in reserve and development games but not given a chance at 1st team level. I thought he might have started out wide today in a midfield 4 given the manager’s comments on playing with wingers. 

It was a shite performance but to be fair Livi are remarkably good. 2500 at the game including 800 odds of us. Incredible what they’re assembled. They are possibly the worst team a new manager could face. There’s no mercy given at the TM stadium. I don’t think all the players are shite, but it’s a pretty bonkers mix. We are in a 3 team league that we need to win, or certainly not finish bottom of. Shagger has only had 2 days working with the players, he’s got to be given a chance. We tried to play a slightly higher tempo today and it didn’t remotely come off against the masters of that strategy. Personally I thought Kenny Miller was one of the better performers, albeit that’s not saying much. We need a leader and the much vaunted Kamara was dog shite today. There’s was no way we were winning today but Parrish had a fucking nightmare. On top of all that I had a total p***k in front of me screaming abuse at the linesman until he fucked off after the third.

I would of liked to have seen Nelms shortlist of potential Managers, although it would probably feel like a Jim Bowen "Look at what you could of won".

Cant really judge McIntyre on that showing, he has not had enough time to get to know the players, will wait to see what Tuesday brings. Not holding out much hope though.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Agreed but being totally honest today’s offering was absolutely brutal. Anti football lump up the park shite.

Did he have us set up to defend properly at set pieces?

Were players given specific instructions on who to pick up because it was an absolute shambles defending set pieces. This doesn’t take days preparation to work out.  

No one left up the park for set pieces against.

He said he likes to play with wingers where were they?

Is he going to coo doon and play around Kenny Miller because how he stayed on the park is a miracle. Did he really end up playing centre midfield?

I’m hoping for a really bad winter from now until January to get as many games off as possible from now until the next transfer!

NO DABS AT DENS PLEASE 

Players have to take responsibility on the park, there's not much a manager can do from the sidelines, especially after having only one mornings training with the squad. I can't defend the players, there's too many excuses made for them, it's not like they've only just discovered football and know nothing about the game. You talk on the park and organise amongst yourselves, to lose one goal from a set piece is forgiveable, four is disgraceful and as professionals who play and train every day they should be mortified.

As for playing with wingers, what decent wingers do we have? McIntyre has inherited arguably the weakest squad in the league, a mish mash of loanees and gambles, unfortunately for us we seem to have lost the bet! For me our problems are coming right from the top, the lack of knowledge and leadership is filtering down through the ranks 

12 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Players have to take responsibility on the park, there's not much a manager can do from the sidelines, especially after having only one mornings training with the squad. I can't defend the players, there's too many excuses made for them, it's not like they've only just discovered football and know nothing about the game. You talk on the park and organise amongst yourselves, to lose one goal from a set piece is forgiveable, four is disgraceful and as professionals who play and train every day they should be mortified.

As for playing with wingers, what decent wingers do we have? McIntyre has inherited arguably the weakest squad in the league, a mish mash of loanees and gambles, unfortunately for us we seem to have lost the bet! For me our problems are coming right from the top, the lack of knowledge and leadership is filtering down through the ranks 

Correct.  

Hartley should have been shown the door after the 7-0 Aberdeen game at Dens.  There are no loyalty points to be gained.  The board needed to act quickly and failed.  

Appointing McCann was a massive gamble that literally no one saw coming and if truth be told few thought would work.  Another poor decision by the board. 

Surely the sensible thing would have been to bring in a new manager and assistant that could both inspire the players and rally the fans.  

Who exactly did Nelms speak to when he considered bringing in McIntyre?  Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of Dundee’s history and how the fans feel about Dodds would have been able to explain the massive issue appointing McIntyre would bring.

McIntyre has been out of football  management for over a year so it’s not like teams were falling over themselves to have him as their manager.   In the time McIntyre has been out the game even St Mirren ignored him - twice!

1 hour ago, ravabelli said:

This was the opportunity to either throw in Lambert from the start or give Deacon game time or put Calvin Miller in his proper position. Yet again the right side of midfield was totally abandoned.

Livingston  never opened us up in general. I don’t think it’s difficult to organise who’s picking up who at set pieces, who’s blocking the runs and to keep a high line. Innis looks very good in the air. Tell him to get himself in the middle of the box and go and attack everything.  A new manager in the door and you’re going to follow his instructions to a tee, or at least you’d hope they are  

Edited by Yenitit