All things Dundee FC

55 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Lee Mcculloch was also sitting in there last night.

Smith as DoF and Mcculloch as assistant manager would be a good bit of business.

If I remember correctly, Mcculloch's signings were quite good, he just wasn't able to manage very well so could be a great number 2. Is it not largely the squad Mcculloch built that Steve Clarke has flying? @Dindeleux @Estragon

McCulloch's signings seem pretty decent. Pity from his point of view that he couldn't get the most out of them.

Jack Whittaker, Calum Waters, Alan Power, Devlin MacKay, Daniel Higgins, Dom Thomas, Alex Samizadeh, Chris Burke, Lee Erwin, Gordon Greer, Cammy Bell, Eammon Brophy and Stuart Findlay signed in the summer of 2017. Some good signings in amongst all that, some youngsters, not too many outright WTFs.

Edited by Kyle

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Smith as DoF and Mcculloch as assistant manager would be a good bit of business.

If I remember correctly, Mcculloch's signings were quite good, he just wasn't able to manage very well so could be a great number 2. Is it not largely the squad Mcculloch built that Steve Clarke has flying? @Dindeleux @Estragon

Exactly right Ludo.  The general consensus about McCulloch is that he was an excellent scout, but a poor manager - whether the latter was caused by inexperience or unsuitability it's hard to tell, but I've never known a boss with so poor a record leave RP with as quite so positive opinion among the supporters.

Of the current first team - O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Findlay, Power, Burke, and Brophy were all McCulloch signings.  Although it should be noted that probably none of them looked top division quality during his period in charge.

Hi Dees, 

I know you don’t mind when your friendly neighbourhood Arabs pop in for a coffee and a chat about your team. (Don’t worry, I brought biscuits), and for some reason, you lot have been staying away from our thread recently, denying us the chance to chat at oor hoose.

Let’s get the obvious premilinaries out of the way:

We are still shite and have been for 3 years now. (showing some signs of improvement now tbf)

We are still in the Seaside Leagues.

Now, onto topics more relevant to this thread.

It is great to see Agent Mcintyre performing so well in such a short amount of time; he is carrying out his brief to the letter. It will be interesting to see who he can bring in from the plethora of duds, waifs, strays and free agents typically mooching about in the January Window, who will undoubtedly save your season.* 

You must be encouraged that you kept Hearts down to 3 last night; a definite improvement over Saturday’s result, and I am sure that you will be even better next time out again. It’s only Celtic after all. (On Halloween too - ooft - there must be a crap joke there somewhere).

Sorry to see you all so miserable**, but at least things can’t really get any worse, and to be fair, Hamilton and St Mirren are doing all they can to help you out, but there is only a certain extent to how crap they can be and for how long, so it can’t go on forever.

At least you might enjoy your weekend a bit more this time around.

*they might not

** Only joking

12 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Hi Dees, 

I know you don’t mind when your friendly neighbourhood Arabs pop in for a coffee and a chat about your team. (Don’t worry, I brought biscuits), and for some reason, you lot have been staying away from our thread recently, denying us the chance to chat at oor hoose.

We are still shite and have been for 3 years now. (showing some signs of improvement now tbf)

It is great to see Agent Mcintyre performing so well in such a short amount of time; he is carrying out his brief to the letter. It will be interesting to see who he can bring in from the plethora of duds, waifs, strays and free agents typically mooching about in the January Window, who will undoubtedly save your season.* 

You must be encouraged that you kept Hearts down to 3 last night; a definite improvement over Saturday’s result, and I am sure that you will be even better next time out again. It’s only Celtic after all. (On Halloween too - ooft - there must be a crap joke there somewhere).

Sorry to see you all so miserable**, but at least things can’t really get any worse, and to be fair, Hamilton and St Mirren are doing all they can to help you out, but there is only a certain extent to how crap they can be and for how long, so it can’t go on forever.

*they might not

** Only joking

So much material and you made this.

For shame.

39 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Hi Dees, 

*they might not

** Only joking

10/10 for effort. 

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:

will that mean woods would be going for 3 consecutive relegations with 3 different sides? the new billy McKay

The similarities are striking with you lot and United. Just need some "rousing applause" chat and you're there.

Hi Dees, 
*they might not
** Only joking
What kind of biscuit? This is an important detail.

28 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Get this Barry Smith/Jocky Scott chat in the fucking bin pronto. Both have horrendous records since leaving Dundee. Why would either of them make any bit of a positive difference?

Jocky Scott has by and large an excellent record with us and would have been an ideal number 2 for McCann. He'd also be an ideal DoF considering his experience in the game.

Smith knows the club and his track record isn't significantly worse than McIntyre's whilst it was infinitely better than McCann's. He'd be an ideal number 2 to help work with the defence.

1 minute ago, Armand 2 said:

Commiserations, guys. Martin Woods ranks quite respectably as one of my most despised Thistle players of all time. A complete and utter charlatan.

Should read Dundees forum. They reckon he's "a hard man", has "plenty of dig" and "is better than the spineless shitebags we've got just now". 

Interesting to see how long it takes for their opinions to change.

9 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:
1 hour ago, MacArab said:
Hi Dees, 
*they might not
** Only joking

What kind of biscuit? This is an important detail.

What else...

294164.jpg