All things Dundee FC

Are you McCann?

He was fucking dreadful. The perfect time to get rid of him was when he first knocked back the job.

He has been in the job a week and played tough opposition. Our defence was shit before your boyfriend left and it's not going to be fixed over night either. 

Give the man a solid chance. At least wait until our first realistic shot at points (Motherwell and the other saints) before we all wet the bed.

McCann should have been given till the January window at least if McIntyre was to be the replacement. JM doesn’t have a clue how to set these players up and they certainly can’t play the way he’s asking them to. Like the guy has said above, although we were losing games under McCann, at least we were in the game longer than 15 minutes. I will be extremely surprised if we pick up 10 points from now until Christmas.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Frightening that we could choose from Caniggia, Falconer, Sara and Milne up front - not to mention Caballero being out injured at the time.

On their day they were unstoppable.

Ahhh, the memories.. being excited to go to Dens on a Saturday and watching quality players underachieve instead of shit players do the same ;) Good times.

McIntyre can't really bring in new players (Woods and, God help us, Quinn, excepted!!), so he can either change the team tactically or shuffle  the current squad on matchday to bring out the best in players already here.

Can anyone honestly say that we've looked better organised in the last two games? That we've had a stronger starting line-up this week, compared to before? That we have been better organised and better prepared in defence? 

I honestly think that not getting at least 4 points from the first two games in November will mean we are off to Cappielow and Palmerston next season...

Edited by Spikethedee

1 minute ago, Spikethedee said:

McIntyre can't really bring in new players (Woods and, God help us, Quinn, excepted!!), so he can either change the team tactically or shuffle  the current squad on matchday to bring out the best in players already here.

Can anyone honestly say that we've looked better organised in the last two games? That we've had a stronger starting line-up this week, compared to before? That we have been better organised and better prepared in defence? 

I honestly think that not getting at least 4 points from the first two games in November will mean we are off the Cappielow and Palmerston next season...

Spot on.  We've been less organised, had less fight and the players don't look like they know their jobs at all.  We've went from bad to worse. Worrying.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:
4 minutes ago, General said:
Quinn and Woods both poor players, we've got enough poor players without adding more.

An assistant manager may be a good starting point.

As long as it's not Billy Dodds or god forbid Gordon Chisholm :lol: get it done.

1 minute ago, Spikethedee said:

According to the post-match interview on the radio after Tuesday's (mis-)match, we will have the Assistant Manager sorted out by the end of this week. Make of that what you will...

Barry Robson, Barry Smith and Billy Dodds in the frame allegedly.

1 hour ago, General said:

I am not McCann, no but I have my eyes open and can see that the way McIntyre has set us out to play so far has been horrendous.  Two of the worst performances in the league this season, conceded seven going on twelve and scored none going on none.  There has been zero organisation, zero back to basics, I haven't seen much of that fight and determination we had against Hamilton and Kilmarnock.

Whilst I thought McCann was a strange appointment, even on the interim basis on which he was brought in (again, I feel Hartley could've achieved much the same in those last few games) the fact remains that overall in the league we haven't played nearly as bad as we did in these last two games.  Are you saying the players have looked inspired and eager to impress the new manager? 

You say the defence was shit beforehand - was it that bad that we lost seven goals (should've been more) in two games?

We lost 2-1 to St Mirren, one poor defending, one the goalkeeper f**k up - should have won the game.
We lost 1-0 to Aberdeen to a penalty kick - should have got something from the game.
We lost 1-0 to St Johnstone, again should have got something from the game.

We then had a bad patch and conceded a few goals losing 3-1 to Motherwell, 4-0 to Rangers and 3-0 to Hibs.  The Motherwell game we changed the shape and were going for an equaliser got caught on the break as happens.

We went to Hamilton, clean sheet won the game.
We lost to Killie 2-1 to a dodgy penalty and a deflection.

Now say what you like, we're all entitled to our opinions but in the first eight games was the defence shit in them all? The answer is no, we took a couple of hammering to Rangers and Hibs put our problems were in the other box.  All of a sudden after the positives of the last two games and starting to build confidence back up we've been absolutely battered by both Livi and Hearts.  it's fair to say that the four teams we've been hammered from so far, Rangers (more so at Ibrox than away), Hibs, Livi and Hearts are good teams.  IMO in most of the league games we have played relatively well, the general feel around the club and supporters was until recently that the players would gel, things would click but as usual people get impatient and make rash decisions one of those being bringing in a man that plays a contrasting style of football, hasn't put us back to basics and has killed any confidence from the positives from the last two games prior to his arrival.  I've said it before and I'll say it again I really, really hope Jim McIntyre can turn it around for us but I'm not going to be holding my breath he is in my opinion the wrong appointment and sadly I think I'll be proven right.

I understand that he is only a week in the job but as I pointed out before, this is the worst start of any Dundee manager at least since before Bonetti and probably longer.  Hartley, Brown, Smith, Jocky were all only in the door from 1-4 days and managed to get results, managed to make us organised, managed to make us hard to beat so I don't buy the argument about not having enough time to work with them, that is the fault of John Nelms - if a change was to be made waiting ten days obviously wasn't the way to do it but that apart you can get your ideas over to the players, tell them what their jobs are and organise them, set the team up in a way to make us difficult to beat and he's done none of that so far.  I don't want to be critical of him, I wish I could be here praising him saying what a fantastic start and he's the man to take us forward but the reality is the opposite.

A point fair made. I hope McIntyre comes good and you can take him out for dinner for doubting him.

Anybody could see McCann was a stubborn b*****d and playing the ball out from the back was going to get us relegated. Shagger may well turn out to be a disaster but I’m prepared to give the guy a chance. McCann has left us with 2 mediocre (at best) keepers and 4 shite strikers. He had 18 months to find a striker and didn’t manage it. We’ve a bunch of tippy tappy midfielders, bombscare centre half’s and are fairly exposed at full back. We might have looked half decent in brief spells this season but ultimately, bar Hamilton we got horsed in every game. The only hope is we did beat Hamilton and should have had a point, if not 3 against the Midden.

22 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

How has Kallman been stripped of so much confidence in so little time.

He had a similar scoring record to Morelos before he arrived, he was mega positive and looked bright with great movement when he first arrived.

What on earth happened to drain him of all of that.

I think from game one he’s looked slow and heavy.  He’s certainly not the type of striker that likes the ball over the top and going one on one with a defender.   He doesn’t look great getting the ball  played to feet with his back to goal.   Every time the ball was played to him at Livinston he just controlled the ball and played it backwards - usually to the player who had just passed to him.  No attempt to turn with the ball whatsoever.

He came with a good record.  Anyone know what his strength is?  If it’s being a poacher he’s no chance.  We simply don’t get the ball in the opposition’s box often enough. 

Edited by Shadow Play