All things Dundee FC

How has Kallman been stripped of so much confidence in so little time.

He had a similar scoring record to Morelos before he arrived, he was mega positive and looked bright with great movement when he first arrived.

What on earth happened to drain him of all of that.

Shite service. The boys not had a decent pass played into him since he arrived. I actually think he’s been decent given what he’s had to work off and actually wins more than his fair share of headers for his size.

Shite service. The boys not had a decent pass played into him since he arrived. I actually think he’s been decent given what he’s had to work off and actually wins more than his fair share of headers for his size.

This. Far better sticking with him rather than Moussa who is absolutely dog shite. Young Henvey deserves a chance up with him. Miller is finished and Mendy is garbage too.

According to the Terrace podcast guys the Dundee fans were enjoying themselves the other night by cheering on Wighton and urging him to take on O’Dea.

Which, if true, is tremendous banter from the Dee’s in desperate times.

4 hours ago, Crawford said:

Are you McCann?

He was fucking dreadful. The perfect time to get rid of him was when he first knocked back the job.

He has been in the job a week and played tough opposition. Our defence was shit before your boyfriend left and it's not going to be fixed over night either. 

Give the man a solid chance. At least wait until our first realistic shot at points (Motherwell and the other saints) before we all wet the bed.

Couldn’t agree any more with what you’ve said. Mostly because you are echoing points I made earlier and I’m usually correct about everything. 

The celtic game is a write off. The 2 games after that are make or break for our season imo, anything between now and then is histeria that isn’t helping anyone. Mon the Dee  

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

This. Far better sticking with him rather than Moussa who is absolutely dog shite. Young Henvey deserves a chance up with him. Miller is finished and Mendy is garbage too.

We did tell you :D 

Just now, MarbellaDEE said:

With all due respect mate this is not the time for cheap point scoring :rolleyes:

<standard joke about Dundee scoring points however they can> :D 

Best you can hope for is to be better than Hamilton, and then you can all keep Dundee Utd down and laugh about it all over again

10 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
11 hours ago, johnnydun said:
McIntyre recalling O'Dea & Hamilton has not installed any confidence in me.

See since you moving back to Dundee....

I know! Even when I don't go we still get pumped though.

Since moving down I have taken in;

Ayr Utd, Motherwell, Killie and Hearts. 2 Goals for, 11 Goals against. 

My son has been to a few away games with me too, he has only seen us win once, away to Ross County. Still loves the Dee, poor kid.

Edited by johnnydun

36 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I honestly can't see it unless Nelms has lost his fucking mind. 

I'm not so sure tbh.

From an outsider's point of view (hiya) while Dundee fans have every right to be spewin' at the thought of Dodds it seems clear that Nelms doesn't really give a f**k how Dodds voted in a CVA in 2011. I'd guess he sees the situation as an inconvenience that can be soft soaped rather than a deal breaker (unlike the fans, which again, they have every right to). He's also clearly given McIntyre assurances and doesn't feel he can go back on that.

I get the "why can't he just get another assistant" argument but if McIntyre feels he has a strong working relationship with Dodds and he wants someone alongside him who's familiar with what he wants then given the nature of Dundee's situation I can understand why he'd see that as a priority rather than bring in a new assistant with whom who he has to establish a new relationship.

I'd imagine that's the reasoning behind the links with Woods and Quinn, it's not that they're particularly good players or are even what Dundee need, it's more a case that he wants his own people who he trusts in the dressing room and that goes for Dodds as well. I'd imagine that's the argument he'll have been making to Nelms in favour of Dodds. In honesty, I can see why Nelms would buy it too.

Looking at the timeline it seems Nelms had McCann out on a wild goose chase for a "mentor" that was unlikely to materialise. The line about McGhee not being suitable because of his ban that's still to be served doesn't really stand up to scrutiny; if the role was simply as a mentor or an advisor then what does it matter if he was sitting in the stand for 6 games. I'd guess that the ban had f**k all to do with things and it was more that a McCann/McGhee dream team didn't really seem like it'd turn Dundee's season around.

Which is....fair tbqh.

At the same time, over the international break, while McCann's been chapping doors Nelms has kind of already made up his mind and has been speaking to McIntyre as a more viable solution. He's been sold on the plan and just decided to go with it. The fact he was appointed inside 24 hours of McCann leaving suggests that it was something that had been set up for a while previously. Genuinely curious, were there ever any other names in the frame for the job or was McIntyre the only option considered?

The whole shitshow seems to come back down to poor judgement from Nelms and the fact he's completely failed to read the room. In that respect I wouldn't be surprised if it's Dodds.