All things Dundee FC

18 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

For some reason that has enraged me.  Which establishments do the Marrs still own? 10 grand of damage incoming.

Was it the Marrs responsible for that one? You've had a few so I forget.

Sorry Tam, not this time, the man you want is C. Melville, Aberdeen.

Last known to be residing in Dubai, if his latest dodgy financial deals haven't got him killed, arrested or meant he's had to escape the country...

Edit to add - it's option 3 apparently...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/scotland/403705/businessman-calum-melville-forced-home-dubai-dream-dies/

Edited by locheedee

Just now, locheedee said:

Sorry Tam, not this time, the man you want is C. Melville, Aberdeen.

Last known to be residing in Dubai, if his latest dodgy financial deals haven't got him killed, arrested or meant he's had to escape the country...

Thats a shame, could've arranged a wee stop on way to an away game at one of their pubs with various shenanigans taking place. Does Melville have any business interests left in Scotland?

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Thats a shame, could've arranged a wee stop on way to an away game at one of their pubs with various shenanigans taking place. Does Melville have any business interests left in Scotland?

He was made Bankrupt last year but he seems pretty good at dodging going under completely so I'd not be too surprised if he's managed to scam his way into something else.

No idea what though but someone else might be more itk than me

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

You're not the brightest are you, m8?

Are you privy to all St Johnstone's bills?

Tbf there's yearly accounts. 

I think Tibbermoresaint is actually more obsessed with Dundee than Randombore. That's a fair old achievement tbh. 

Going back to Tam's post (I can't be fucked starting again and quoting it), Melville was indeed responsible for Admin 2, but as far as i'm concerned the Marrs ultimately hold responsibility for our shambolic finances. Emptying Jocky Scott in the summer of 2000 and starting "the project" was a complete disaster from which we've never truly recovered. I won't deny the football was exciting, but ultimately it achieved little more than Jocky had managed in the two seasons prior with what was basically the rump of the First Division winning squad. Admin 1 and the relegation that followed set us back years. The club seemed pretty stable in 99/00, had 2 consecutive mid-table finishes and left to progress in that manner probably could have become fairly established. 

Bitchslapping the DABs during the McCall years was pretty funny though. 

2 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I think Tibbermoresaint is actually more obsessed with Dundee than Randombore. That's a fair old achievement tbh. 

Going back to Tam's post (I can't be fucked starting again and quoting it), Melville was indeed responsible for Admin 2, but as far as i'm concerned the Marrs ultimately hold responsibility for our shambolic finances. 

The fans who didn't lift a finger to stop this have no responsibility?

4 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

The fans who didn't lift a finger to stop this have no responsibility?

3 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

You did nothing.

Personally I didn't have a couple of million kicking about to buy the club. I don't think Deeman did either. 

Do you even know what point you're trying to make here?

ETA - You missed Deeman's question. What should he have done?

Edited by jupe1407

did Melville not end up getting investigated for stealing from his company? i could be well wode off the mark here but i seem to remember he sold his company and was kept on as a director and he was robbing from them and thats why he fled to dubai?

could be wrong like!