All things Dundee FC

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-fans-vow-block-13840413.amp

What an utterly fucking ridiculous headline. Comes across that Dundee fans would be happy to see the two sides merge yet United fans are defiantly fighting to stop it happening.

It’s ok - Mike Barile says ‘it won’t happen in my lifetime’.

It’s great having such a sensible chap in charge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-16593474/teacher-mike-barile-discharged-from-profession

is anybody actually trying to merge the clubs or is this only based on both owners being Americans?

Personally I would like to see the clubs merge and will be supporting any such moves.

It’s derived from Dundee’s American owners wanting to take full control of the club. As it stands DFCSS have a say in vetoing movements such as a merger, but if the Americans acquired the shares they could basically do what they want. But in short no, nothing specifically about a merger has ever been mentioned.

is anybody actually trying to merge the clubs or is this only based on both owners being Americans?
Personally I would like to see the clubs merge and will be supporting any such moves.
Basically, there are some potential issues as there are certain powers that were given to the supporters society that would pose complexities for the new stadium. For example, Dundee can't take on any debts over £50k unless it is cleared with the supporters society.

My understanding of this is that limit being a huge problem with the stadium financing. The rent agreement would need to be cleared by the support (as I interpret it below that limit) but would likely need to be confidential for other partners in the project. It's just my own speculation but I don't see how that part of the rules can stay long term.

Included in these clauses are other terms that give the supporters society vetoes over name changes, colours, relocation etc.

Basically, the club have proposed to buy these special shares over and promise the supporters society a new role in certain affairs (although this is held with skepticism as they've not really cared about this before) plus a new agreement which would effectively give the supporters society new vetoes. Details are very very scarce though and the club have yet to outline their motivations or explain what they'll give away in veto powers.

I think the merger stuff is people just getting carried away with the dramatic part of the statement - it'd be the end of top flight football in Dundee as it's quite blatant that any new team would struggle to carry over even 25% of both teams season ticket sales. The Americans have been here a wee while and I'm pretty sure they will know the extent of the opinion and get it.

We'll wait and see but I think the real game is in the nitty gritty of the wording that gives financial oversight. Unfortunately, I think a lot of that will be ignored once the club deny a merger etc.

It is Dundee though, we do some mental shit at times.

18 minutes ago, Hendo said:

It is heart warming to see Americans wanting to join people together rather than divide them by doing things like building walls. Maybe this should be welcomed, need to think of the bigger picture.

Nah, not having it. We need to build a wall across Sandeman Street and have United pay for it.

Steven Gerard giving his old pal BoringCunto a wee call from Dubai. Very decent of him to keep us informed.

What’s happened to the Tidser rumour? We’ve been linked to him for about a decade. I’ve no idea what he’s like but he doesn’t appear injured which is a bonus.

Steven Gerard giving his old pal BoringCunto a wee call from Dubai. Very decent of him to keep us informed.

What’s happened to the Tidser rumour? We’ve been linked to him for about a decade. I’ve no idea what he’s like but he doesn’t appear injured which is a bonus.

I think we’re waiting on him getting injured before we sign him.

i remember him from his first spell at morton and was always impressed with him. that was 8 years ago though and he doesn't seem to have done a huge amount since then.

hes played for county so if he also has a bad injury record id say we will definitely sign him

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-fans-vow-block-13840413.amp

What an utterly fucking ridiculous headline. Comes across that Dundee fans would be happy to see the two sides merge yet United fans are defiantly fighting to stop it happening.

It's the same as the Tully's headline yesterday saying that DFCSS would have no veto in any merger talks - sensationalist pish to sell papers. It's the same as saying the fans would have no veto in plans to have Granny Danger shagging Liz Hurley on the centre circle at half-time in the next derby - both absolutely true statements but both are never going to happen. 

It's the same as the Tully's headline yesterday saying that DFCSS would have no veto in any merger talks - sensationalist pish to sell papers. It's the same as saying the fans would have no veto in plans to have Granny Danger shagging Liz Hurley on the centre circle at half-time in the next derby - both absolutely true statements but both are never going to happen. 

Aye - he'll be deid by the time there is a next derby.