All things Dundee FC

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I tried this after reading your post then confused the f**k out of myself after I was half down as when I was doing a double check, I was getting completely different results. :lol:

Or Jocky wasn't in the lead?:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Raise High The Roof Beams said:

To echo some of the chat on The Dark Blues, is there anyone out there who will be relieved with a return to the Championship next season ? Not part of that crowd myself but just interested to see if there is anyone out there ?

A lot of United fans at the time claimed they saw lots of positives when they were relegated by us.  Truth be told there were very few positives for them, although a there were good few positives for Scottish football in general I suppose.

Edited by Shadow Play

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kenny Miller is playing for a Rangers Select today in Blackpool. Not sure how I feel about that.

If it's any consolation one of their supporters coaches broke down on the hard shoulder of the M74 on the way down.

I remember being at Fir Park when we were relegated in the early 2000s singing "we'll have fun in Division One". It appeared to be a weak league at that time. We appeared to have a team that would, with the right additions, have a good chance of coming straight back up.

Next thing you know we were scrabbling about the bottom half of the second tier, then losing out on promotion to James fucking Grady's last minute winner for Gretna, before finally coming up again (I think) at the seventh time of asking.

Your friends across the street are the lesson just now. If they stay down you could potentially be in a league with Falkirk, Dunfermline, United, ICT, Partick Thistle and St Mirren. I'd expect Dundee's resources to be just about the top of that pile but you've hardly got a stellar reputation for putting the resources at your disposal to effective use on the park.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

4 hours ago, Raise High The Roof Beams said:

To echo some of the chat on The Dark Blues, is there anyone out there who will be relieved with a return to the Championship next season ? Not part of that crowd myself but just interested to see if there is anyone out there ?

My own conspiracy theory is that all the planning and money for a new stadium was based on the initial plan that McCann would invest in a squad that secured premier football and stability for the next few years. As we all know that was a disaster and had a huge threat to premier football.  I am not sure where we go from here if God forbid we take the drop.

The years of travelling up to Dundee for Dumbarton Raith Morton QoS etc. Was good fun but based on the idea of moving forward. We are going backwards.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I remember being at Fir Park when we were relegated in the early 2000s singing "we'll have fun in Division One". It appeared to be a weak league at that time. We appeared to have a team that would, with the right additions, have a good chance of coming straight back up.

Next thing you know we were scrabbling about the bottom half of the second tier, then losing out on promotion to James fucking Grady's last minute winner for Gretna, before finally coming up again (I think) at the seventh time of asking.

Your friends across the street are the lesson just now. If they stay down you could potentially be in a league with Falkirk, Dunfermline, United, ICT, Partick Thistle and St Mirren. I'd expect Dundee's resources to be just about the top of that pile but you've hardly got a stellar reputation for putting the resources at your disposal to effective use on the park.

The only level headed Perthshire Saint.

The championship is a scrap I would rather avoid. It is brutally competitive. That and Mr Americano said he wanted to see a return by now. Dropping a league and haemorrhaging cash won't be what he had in mind.

Anyone who thinks it would be positive to go down clearly can't remember all the previous stints we had down in the second tier.

All those times where we just had to get rid of the dead wood, bring in new blood and come straight back up.

All of those times we didn't - just like many of the clubs that go down.

Just posing the question as some of the old boys on there see that as a way to end perennial slogfests at Dens and boost up the morale in the support.

Just all a bit depressing for me really. Essentially despite the financial blessings of the Americans we haven’t been able to capitalise on that at all. Succession of inept managerial appointments and even more inept recruiting strategys are just making it all the more bleak. I honestly have not an ounce of an inkling towards how big Nelms could emulate anything that St. Johnstone, Motherwell or Killie have done.

If we go down, especially and poetically at the expense of United returning I imagine that would be "it" for another section of our already battered support. Financially do you think the owners will be prepared to take a potential multi-year hit of those proportions?

I personally have my doubts. Admin 3 would be the end for us, and it would be difficult to argue we deserved to survive.

Anyone who knows the history of this club and thinks it would be a good thing must be tinfoil hat wearer of the decade.

Awright guys, I'm stopping in Dundee for a couple of nights for a wedding at the end of next month. Could do with a food recommendation for the Friday night. We're stopping at the Hotel Indigo, so somewhere walkable from there would be ideal.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated. Cheers!

Awright guys, I'm stopping in Dundee for a couple of nights for a wedding at the end of next month. Could do with a food recommendation for the Friday night. We're stopping at the Hotel Indigo, so somewhere walkable from there would be ideal.
Your close to city centre so a few pubs the market or tickety boos/nicols are decent or a Jimmy chungs Tony macaroni are fairly close as well

24 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Just pick a place you like the look of and go and fucking eat.

For fucksake man.

If you win on Saturday you better stay clear of this city aswell.

Thank you.

44 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'd recommend the Weavers Mill, Posh Nosh in Lochee or if your feeling adventurous Roebucks on St Andrews Street and ask for meal number 3.

48 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Depends what you fancy. Don Michele is decent for Italian, Mas is a decent Mexican and there a whole load of other places on the Perth Road too. If it's pub grub then The Phoenix is your best shout but it's always v. busy. We Dundonians like our ganja fries.

26 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Your close to city centre so a few pubs the market or tickety boos/nicols are decent or a Jimmy chungs Tony macaroni are fairly close as well

Ticketys is probably your best shout out of all those places but I'm sure they stop selling food at about 5 oclock. Jimmy Chungs and Tony Macaroni are too chainy for my liking when visiting somewhere else but it'll do the job if that's what you're after.