All things Dundee FC

Maybe 12 is a bit optimistic but this revisionism is beyond a joke. Moussa was amongst the worst ‘professional’ footballers I’ve ever witnessed. He had no attributes whatsoever. Shite in front of goal, terrible first touch, crap link up play, slow as a week in the jail and a fondness for getting needlessly booked barging into opponents all over the pitch. You may think Curran is shite but if you think he’s worse than Moussa then I’m sorry, you know f**k all about football.

I really hope we sign 2 strikers better than Curran and that he is 4th choice, loaned out to Cowdenbeath by Xmas - I really do. But he’s signed for the next 2 seasons so let’s give the guy a fresh start. He’s an experienced pro, we’ve a fair few relatively inexperienced guys in the squad and his nouse could come in handy.

I’m standing by my prediction though, we’ll speaking more highly of him at the end of the season than we are now.

It was a pretty encouraging display today. A much better tempo about us and a simpler, more Scottish style. I’d give Ferrie a chance at being our number 1. I see no way back for Hamilton although I’d be delighted to be proved wrong.

From what I saw today Marshall and Byrne will be big players for us, we need Nelson to stay fit, McDaid and Todd playing wide will be a threat with either Ness or Gowser in alongside Byrne. We’ve 4 half decent CH’s when fit too.

Pre season optimism at its best!!
On a half serious note... you have went from 12 goals and being confident to how many ?
I do like the last part of the sentence about knowing f**k all about football.
Surely you can base Moussa and Curran on facts?
Least we can agree 4th choice striker wouldn't be end of the world....

However it's hard to keep confident with a striker who has been here a little while who has contributed zero.
See how this season goes.

Hopefully injuries of players will stay away.
I'm presuming the new centre half has no injuries to worry about ?

7 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Disappointed in this. Felt he was worthwhile to have at the club and 1 trillion percent better than some of the fucking gimps we had back there last season. McCann’s decision making still fucking us here imo.

Can't agree with that. It was McCann that gave him his chance in the first team. He started putting him on the bench when he was only 18, gave him his debut and handed him all 16 league games he played for us in the top flight. Yes - He sent him out on loan - That's not exactly a disastrous move.

McIntyre was the one that chose to inform him that he wouldn't be getting a new deal and left McPake in the unenviable position of trying to do a u-turn.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Disappointed to see him go, contributed well, but by all accounts had a disastrous spell at Morton. Reckon we have better and could get better if need be.

Good luck Kerr hope it all works out for you after your appalling treatment recently by DFC and John Nelms.

If a disasterous spell at Morton Ludo means that bizarre own goal v Alloa, the red card v ICT, the 2 goals Waddell scored  plus  his 2 mom performances and his 3 x Splf team of the week appearances I am pretty sure some of the Morton players  would have loved to have had the same disastrous spell !!!

3 minutes ago, Taysides best said:

Good luck Kerr hope it all works out for you after your appalling treatment recently by DFC and John Nelms.

If a disasterous spell at Morton Ludo means that bizarre own goal v Alloa, the red card v ICT, the 2 goals Waddell scored  plus  his 2 mom performances and his 3 x Splf team of the week appearances I am pretty sure some of the Morton players  would have loved to have had the same disastrous spell !!!

Alright Kerr.

Is he not on crutches jusnow? Read that someplace 
According to Keithgy on our thread he is out for 10 weeks.

Rudden and Nelson up front in dark blue, in the Scottish Championship, not for Falkirk [emoji20]

Those two would class in the Championship. Rudden needs someone to feed off and both work amazingly hard. Would be a joy to watch.

Thank you

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You have to offer a deal, that is no worse than his current deal, before his contract reaches a certain stage, to get compensation.

Not sure when the cut off is.

14 days before the expiry of the contract if the player moves to a club in the same country, 60 days if they go to another country.

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Disappointed to see him go, contributed well, but by all accounts had a disastrous spell at Morton. Reckon we have better and could get better if need be.

He didn’t establish himself in the team until October and from then until the end of the year he was excellent, one mistake which led to a red card against Caley Thistle aside, and I was expecting him to go back to Dundee and compete for a place in January on the strength of those performances. Then when we kept him his performances went off a cliff and he only got worse and worse as the season went on.

Hard to say what caused it - maybe the shambles of an own goal against Alloa knocked his confidence and he couldn’t recover it, maybe deteriorating performances were inevitable when being managed by a clownshoe who couldn’t coach a player or organise a defence, or maybe it was just a truer reflection of the standard of player he is with the good start being a purple patch rather than the poor performances being a blip.

Considering that we still don’t have any centre backs I’d be okay with gambling on him in the hope Hopkin can get him back to his earlier form, but as I’m viewing it as a risky signing for Morton after five months of poor performances I’d agree that Dundee should be looking for better.

If all the positivity from Morton fans is correct then I’m sure he’ll have no issue getting a full time offer from them. Based on signings he’s be 5th choice with everyone fit at Dens at the moment so can understand why he’s not been kept on

41 minutes ago, Taysides best said:

Intrigued to know what the “appalling treatment by DFC and John Nelms” bit is, tell us more. 

I would’ve gave Kerr another year but that’s purely based on what I saw 2 years ago in maybe 15 or 16 appearances. Don’t know how he did at Morton but maybe the club have higher hopes for some of the young centrehalfs who played yesterday and are clearing a way for them to progress. The same as what’s probably happened with Henvey and Scott etc. 

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There'll be more to it? Such as?

It's included in the post I made. There's no chance that Kerr was completely oblivious to the situation.