All things Dundee FC

Are you Jim McIntyre? no doubt you think Martin Woods should still be in the starting 11 as well!
12 goals? really? he has scored 3 goals in his last 32 games. 18 of those games were in the Championship. Call me old fashioned - but I like my strikers to score goals! If we want to finish above Utd this season then we need someone better than Curran. 

Maybe 12 is a bit optimistic but this revisionism is beyond a joke. Moussa was amongst the worst ‘professional’ footballers I’ve ever witnessed. He had no attributes whatsoever. Shite in front of goal, terrible first touch, crap link up play, slow as a week in the jail and a fondness for getting needlessly booked barging into opponents all over the pitch. You may think Curran is shite but if you think he’s worse than Moussa then I’m sorry, you know f**k all about football.

I really hope we sign 2 strikers better than Curran and that he is 4th choice, loaned out to Cowdenbeath by Xmas - I really do. But he’s signed for the next 2 seasons so let’s give the guy a fresh start. He’s an experienced pro, we’ve a fair few relatively inexperienced guys in the squad and his nouse could come in handy.

I’m standing by my prediction though, we’ll speaking more highly of him at the end of the season than we are now.

It was a pretty encouraging display today. A much better tempo about us and a simpler, more Scottish style. I’d give Ferrie a chance at being our number 1. I see no way back for Hamilton although I’d be delighted to be proved wrong.

From what I saw today Marshall and Byrne will be big players for us, we need Nelson to stay fit, McDaid and Todd playing wide will be a threat with either Ness or Gowser in alongside Byrne. We’ve 4 half decent CH’s when fit too.

Pre season optimism at its best!!

56 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Maybe 12 is a bit optimistic but this revisionism is beyond a joke. Moussa was amongst the worst ‘professional’ footballers I’ve ever witnessed. He had no attributes whatsoever. Shite in front of goal, terrible first touch, crap link up play, slow as a week in the jail and a fondness for getting needlessly booked barging into opponents all over the pitch. You may think Curran is shite but if you think he’s worse than Moussa then I’m sorry, you know f**k all about football.

There's little question that Curran is shite, but I agree re Moussa. The guy was an utter haddie, sticking away a few pens and seal-clubbing a shite Cowdenbeath side means f**k all. We need another couple of strikers and a 'keeper. 

Just now, jupe1407 said:

There's little question that Curran is shite, but I agree re Moussa. The guy was an utter haddie, sticking away a few pens and seal-clubbing a shite Cowdenbeath side means f**k all. We need another couple of strikers and a 'keeper. 

Totally agree, but at least Moussa showed some talent/moment of genius once every like 10 games. I can't think of a single Curran moment that I can applaud. As bad as Moussa, he's defo better than Curran.

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Waddell on trial with Arbroath. Dunno if that had already been made known or not, but thought I'd post it anyway.

Don't think Waddell was on trial with Arbroath yesterday he was simply asked by Rab D, Dick & Ian Campbell last week to train with his local team after his recent injury sustained at Greenock Morton  (Great pity McPake & Nelms could not have reciprocated the same kind gesture after Waddell's 5years at DFC ) if Waddell was on trial he would have most certainly played some part yesterday against a very poor Hearts side albeit in  a friendly. As we all know Waddell is now a free agent without any Development Fee hanging over him so maybe he's just getting his fitness up to put himself in the shop window again. 

5 hours ago, Taysides best said:

Don't think Waddell was on trial with Arbroath yesterday he was simply asked by Rab D, Dick & Ian Campbell last week to train with his local team after his recent injury sustained at Greenock Morton  (Great pity McPake & Nelms could not have reciprocated the same kind gesture after Waddell's 5years at DFC ) if Waddell was on trial he would have most certainly played some part yesterday against a very poor Hearts side albeit in  a friendly. As we all know Waddell is now a free agent without any Development Fee hanging over him so maybe he's just getting his fitness up to put himself in the shop window again. 

I was under the impression a development fee stayed until payed by the next professional club.

13 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I was under the impression a development fee stayed until payed by the next professional club.

I think we have to offer a deal, no idea if we did. Pointless holding out for a developement fee, it'd be next to nothing. Let him get on with his career wherever. 

22 minutes ago, Crawford said:

7 minutes ago, Dele said:

I think we have to offer a deal, no idea if we did. Pointless holding out for a developement fee, it'd be next to nothing. Let him get on with his career wherever. 

You have to offer a deal, that is no worse than his current deal, before his contract reaches a certain stage, to get compensation.

Not sure when the cut off is.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

I don't like the idea of holding a player or club back because of a fee either. The way I see it, you invested in their future because you wanted them to play for you. If you don't want them anymore that's the gamble you make. Thanks for explaining that though 👍

Edited by Crawford

8 hours ago, Fifespud said:

At what point did I say he is worse than Moussa?! If you are going to use Moussa as a yardstick for the quality of our strikers then we truly are fucked.

I am liking your optimism and I hope you right but I highly doubt we will get more than 6 goals from Curran this season. This "but he tries hard" shite won't be good enough.

1 hour ago, Deetiv said:

Hmm has he signed for Sunderland I wonder. 

Screenshot_2019-06-30-08-30-06.png

No, Alan Nixon confirms the move to Sunderland is off as their takeover deal collapsed and the new DoF doesnt fancy him.

All other interested parties (Hearts, Hibs, Portsmouth, Rangers) have either signed other targets, or ended interest due to keeping players.