All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Regarding the above, more consistent firepower and the glaring goalkeeping issue are two items we all agree upon.

Now, merely my thoughts, however the fact Lawrence Shankland is speaking to Dundee United he has clearly not ruled out remaining at Championship level.

This being the case why are we not making a fresh approach, after all our American financial input and commitment is not in any doubt. 

Best regards

If the figures being mooted are true, then you're better not matching the offer United have made for Shankland, totally ridiculous money to spend on a striker on the back of six months in the second tier.

You've got a better player in Nelson, and he probably cost you far less.

If the figures being mooted are true, then you're better not matching the offer United have made for Shankland, totally ridiculous money to spend on a striker on the back of six months in the second tier.

Did someone down the pub who spoke to Shankland’s mum’s next door neighbour tell you that?

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if we did sign Shankland. Just a wee feeling. It would take decent money, but no fee. If he has a good season you get 7 figures for him.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The second paragraph is key. If Nelson has the right supply and stays fit (And most importantly - we don't play him as a lone forward) I genuinely believe we might have the best forward in the league. (Dobbie might have an answer to that right enough).

Dundee scout was at disc again yesterday. He was watching the game next to us. Think it was fairmuir v Utd social.
Just found out this evening Kevin McNaughton coaches at Dundee also. ANn ex junior player does also ( for life of me I cant remember name ). And Jamie McBrearty also helps with 16s.

3 times a week mates young lad will be training as of two weeks time for 16s n 18s

The second paragraph is key. If Nelson has the right supply and stays fit (And most importantly - we don't play him as a lone forward) I genuinely believe we might have the best forward in the league. (Dobbie might have an answer to that right enough).

Never read so much nonsense, dobbie shankland are streets ahead, do u honestly believe nelson will get 30+ goals, if u do go get a your head checked pronto

Never read so much nonsense, dobbie shankland are streets ahead, do u honestly believe nelson will get 30+ goals, if u do go get a your head checked pronto

Dobbie is but Shankland certainly isn’t. He’s had a very good 6 month spell and he also has a massive fucking forehead.

Dobbie > Nelson > Shankland

Dobbie is but Shankland certainly isn’t. He’s had a very good 6 month spell and he also has a massive fucking forehead.

Dobbie > Nelson > Shankland
A six month spell that propelled a diddy team to the top of the league, and despatched Dundee out of the league cup with minimal fuss.

If he recreates that form then he'll win you (or United) the league.

I actually think both Nelson and Shankland still fit into a category of being 'unproven'. There is no doubt that Shankland's numbers in the last two seasons (not just over a six month spell) are unbelievably impressive but I think he needs another season or two to prove how good he actually is. Maybe that is more me thinking that his apparent valuation doesn't necessarily match his ability. I like Nelson and think he has great potential but has only played something like 35-40 senior games so although he has shown himself to be a possible great prospect he needs a full season to begin to prove himself. 

1 hour ago, dundeeunited83 said:

38 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Absolute clowns

Shut it ya fucking foamer.

Who is Nelson and why is he even being mentioned in the same sentence as Shankland and Dobbie?

If anything the fact that Shankland only had 6 really good months in this league and still finished top scorer makes it all the more impressive. He ripped this league up then fucked off for an early holiday in January.

He also scored 7 goals in 5 games against the Dundee clubs last season so he really should be given some sort of official role within the City of Discovery.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Who is Nelson and why is he even being mentioned in the same sentence as Shankland and Dobbie?

If anything the fact that Shankland only had 6 really good months in this league and still finished top scorer makes it all the more impressive. He ripped this league up then fucked off for an early holiday in January.

He also scored 7 goals in 5 games against the Dundee clubs last season so he really should be given some sort of official role within the City of Discovery.

He's a player that played in the top flight m8. Understandable how you haven't heard of him.

He's a player that played in the top flight m8. Understandable how you haven't heard of him.

Yes I can’t believe I haven’t heard of a guy that took the Premiership by storm and scored a remarkable 4 goals in 12 games.

He’s not fit to lick the shite off Shankland or Dobbies boots mate.

Yes I can’t believe I haven’t heard of a guy that took the Premiership by storm and scored a remarkable 4 goals in 12 games.

He’s not fit to lick the shite off Shankland or Dobbies boots mate.
I dont know if I want to live in a world where folk are this excited about Lawrence Shankland.