All things Dundee FC

Think it's a bit disgusting the amount of people wanting McPake sacked over this. 1. What happened to innocent till proven guilty? 2. Plenty of people have been in pub scuffles - shouldn't have an impact on their job.  (Should note I'm talking more about social media than here tbf)
No 2 is bullshit.

A lot of jobs you will get in serious bother - no matter if you are working or not.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No 2 is bullshit.

A lot of jobs you will get in serious bother - no matter if you are working or not.

But it shouldn't. And football isn't exactly a job with life or death responsibility either, it's a form of supposed entertainment.

5 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Beats Arbroath for the biggest win of his managerial career and goes out to celebrate and things get a bit out of hand...

Thats Caldwell we have had sacked, Shankland called up to scotland squad,
And now turn McPake into a raging mental drunk,

It was actually a 4-4 draw with Lochee United in a testimonial if you want to be  pedantic.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf the journalist hasn't retracted anything has he? Hes just removed his tweet as it's now headed to court.

I wasn't meaning the journalist, I was meaning that guy who started the rumour that McPake was headering folk in the pub. 

28 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

If it's true hes gone boys, fact

Behave. 

Pillock who stated the rumour was pish had said the person who'd claimed McPake had headered somebody had retracted their statement. Hopefully the charge is due to the fact that he was in the pub at the time and had been alleged to have been involved, when in actuality Jazza was not in fact involved in the scuffle. In any case though, if I remember correctly McPake said he'd had a "quiet pint" and people were making stories, which is untrue at least in the "quiet" part, so if he was trying to dismiss the entire story then I don't know how much I can trust his word at this point.

My hope is this supposed retraction is part of proof that McPake didn't get involved in any scuffle himself. I hope this gets sorted soon, this is badly distracting and I would much rather my team thinking about Partick next Saturday than whether or not the boss decided to have a scrap or not.

There must be CCTV footage, and witnesses, so you’d assume that the police have sufficient evidence to charge him with a crime. Id imagine the club will be investigating this as well, it doesn’t bode well for McPake that his honesty and integrity look to be in question, and regardless of innocent until proven guilty, his temperament is also in question. 

It’s difficult to see him being able to continue in his role if the case progresses. Nelms can not think that this is acceptable behaviour for the public figurehead of a club. 

The Americans must wonder what they have got involved in, it seems every season we have at least one PR disaster. 

Edited by srw

I'm hearing it was a dab taunting him about his injury and said dab will have a scar for life on his face. 
Shame if true. 

Obviously I’m not defending McPake if it’s true but what kind of sane person actually taunts someone about a past serious injury? Again if true.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Just for those stuck in the Dundee bubble; getting involved in pub "scuffles" is not normal in any way.

Aye it is. 

I am not condoning it or saying it's a good thing but pub scuffles in Scottish pubs has been the normal for decades.

36 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Just for those stuck in the Dundee bubble; getting involved in pub "scuffles" is not normal in any way.

31 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Aye it is. 

I am not condoning it or saying it's a good thing but pub scuffles in Scottish pubs has been the normal for decades.

Exactly, Johnny. 

Scuffles have been going on in pubs across, Scotland, the UK and the world for hundreds of years. I suspect alcohol may have a part to play in this. 

Weird comment that. 

24 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Exactly, Johnny. 

Scuffles have been going on in pubs across, Scotland, the UK and the world for hundreds of years. I suspect alcohol may have a part to play in this. 

Weird comment that. 

You can avoid certain bars as you know what they are like but if your face is well known, even in a decent bar where you think you will be ok, all it takes is someone to spot you (they can be sober or drunk) and decide they are going to get in your face.  I know a guy that was goaded and goaded, finally snapped and threw the first punch.  He was the one done for assault and was near going to jail. The other guy walked away.