All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Source being Daily Record and wikipedia.

Let's not pretend you knew.... again

All I’m going to say is Andy Dales and Sullivan from last season played at a higher level than this guy and they were absolute gash. Fingers crossed he’s far better. 

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Source being Daily Record and wikipedia.

Let's not pretend you knew.... again

And again, I assumed that's so fucking obvious I dont need to state it every single time.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of your signings is apparently Ollie Crankshaw.

21yo left winger who'll be joining on loan from Wigan. Only ever played non-league football down south, made his name with Curzon Ashton...

Who the f**k is that...

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Wonder if that is the Ollie that was rumoured about but the Dorrans to MK Dons thing twisted it.

Wouldn't be surprised if he went nowhere now though on the back of recent games.

MK Dons forum (Hardly a beacon of reliability, I know) seem to reckon their incoming business is done for the window other than perhaps a loan deal which is in the pipeline. Still expect Dorrans to go.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can't wait for the outcry from supporters when Dorrans does go despite not doing very much.

If our last game was the derby I'd be gutted with the news, but after the Cup game where he didn't look interested I'm not that bothered if he goes.

Can't wait for the outcry from supporters when Dorrans does go despite not doing very much.

He’s bound to be on a huge wage and not worth it. Doesn’t seem interested and we’re not in a position where we can afford to carry players.

From the squad just now, who would you keep for next season? Not expecting to see any long lists here. I’d keep:

Kerr
Marshall
McGhee
Robertson
McGowan
McDaid
Hemmings
Johnson

And that’s probably about it. Haven’t included any of the younger guys who have mainly featured on the bench as don’t really know anything about them.

Marshall, McGhee, McGowan, Robertson, Hemmings, Johnson. Add Dorrans to that list, but I expect he'll be off in the summer anyway even if he is here beyond the end of this month.

That's it. The rest are either below what's required to win this league, or would be utter liabilities after promotion and not worth keeping anyway. 

This is why I find it laughable that some Dundee fans seem to think this squad should be competing for the title. Presumably they think we've dropped 20+ points somewhere entirely because of McPake. We have half a team, it's really no more complicated than that. You could have appointed any manager on the planet in the summer and we're still not winning the league with this squad. We have no effective wide players, no creativity in the midfield, half a defence, and a goalkeeper who is nailed on to throw one into his own net every other match. If you want to  win a league you can't do that while you're beating yourself half the time. McPake doesn't make the on-field errors, create nothing in the midfield, or let routine shots through his grasp constantly. That's all on the players.

47 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Marshall, McGhee, McGowan, Robertson, Hemmings, Johnson. Add Dorrans to that list, but I expect he'll be off in the summer anyway even if he is here beyond the end of this month.

That's it. The rest are either below what's required to win this league, or would be utter liabilities after promotion and not worth keeping anyway. 

This is why I find it laughable that some Dundee fans seem to think this squad should be competing for the title. Presumably they think we've dropped 20+ points somewhere entirely because of McPake. We have half a team, it's really no more complicated than that. You could have appointed any manager on the planet in the summer and we're still not winning the league with this squad. We have no effective wide players, no creativity in the midfield, half a defence, and a goalkeeper who is nailed on to throw one into his own net every other match. If you want to  win a league you can't do that while you're beating yourself half the time. McPake doesn't make the on-field errors, create nothing in the midfield, or let routine shots through his grasp constantly. That's all on the players.

I definitely think we’ve dropped those points because of McPake. Mostly his signings and always his team selection. Anyone picking Hamilton as their number 1 goalkeeper is never a manager. Should be comfortably 2nd. 

The buck stops with McPake and no one else. 

Edited by Yenitit

Which keeper are you picking instead of Hamilton if you're the manager then?

You can blame McPake for going into the season with only Hamilton and Ferrie on the books, I was astounded that we didn't bring someone else in, but then you don't know whether he perhaps wanted another keeper in and got told no, or possibly we made offers and got rebuffed. 

Just picking Hamilton isn't really a stick to beat McPake with when he currently doesn't have another viable option. Again, it's not McPake conceding soft goals left and right, it's the keeper.

Scouring the Wigan forums for opinions on Crankshaw, found these in reference to an U23 game 4 or 5 days ago:

"Winning 2-0 at ht, makes it better as its on LFC TV. Impressed with big lad Obi and Olly Crankshaw." 

"3-0 now what a goal from Crankshaw" 

"He looked good all game [...] Another great performance and result" 

"Ollie Crankshaw was easily the best player on the park. Very direct and an eye for goal."

"I think Crankshaw has a great future"

(In reference to the first team) "Gary Roberts coming on as a sub whilst chasing the game. How good would it have been to see Crankshaw or Joseph coming on. We may not have won but we didn't anyway."

Plenty of other comments regarding utilising their youth players and such. Some promising support from the Latics fans for the lad, at least.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee