All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Hearts get a huge amount of money each month from the Foundation of Hearts group. They will blow us out the water. 

Considering they're going to be the owners as of next season, the fact that it'll be the majority of the money the club are sat on makes me think they will be more limited than people currently expect.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Considering they're going to be the owners as of next season, the fact that it'll be the majority of the money the club are sat on makes me think they will be more limited than people currently expect.

Ross they’ll also be backed by at least 12 000 season ticket holders. Add to that the rest of the ground selling out. 

Edited by Yenitit

20 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Can’t disagree with that. Imo we have zero chance of finishing above Hearts with our current manager. The season that’s just ended was an unmitigated disaster under his leadership. 

Bit harsh imo.  We were looking decent when the pandemic struck. (although McPake chucked a ton of cash at it)

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Bit harsh imo.  We were looking decent when the pandemic struck.

Exactly. Last season was always a rebuild season for the club, whether we saw it as that or not. I think we will look quite a bit more competitive next season, but you're never going to convince some people to have faith until it actually happens.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Bit harsh imo.  We were looking decent when the pandemic struck. (although McPake chucked a ton of cash at it)

Each to their own Biggie, I thought he was still costing us points in the run of 6 decent games we strung together at the end of the * season. 

Are you happy enough him getting another go at it next season ?

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Exactly. Last season was always a rebuild season for the club, whether we saw it as that or not. I think we will look quite a bit more competitive next season, but you're never going to convince some people to have faith until it actually happens.

Not another ‘take a chance on him’ season next season is it? That’s sounds a wee bit like an abba song!

FFS Ross 😂

Edited by Yenitit

8 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Not another ‘take a chance on him’ season next season is it? That’s sounds a wee bit like an abba song!

How dare I have faith, I should be as miserable as you. Let's just clear everything out and start from scratch for the 4th straight season,and give the new manager a month before deciding he's shite and moaning about him all season. Some fan you are.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

How dare I have faith, I should be as miserable as you. Let's just clear everything out and start from scratch for the 4th straight season,and give the new manager a month before deciding he's shite and moaning about him all season. Some fan you are.

That’s genuinely funny as f**k 

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Until a couple of half decent results before the entire fucking world went tits up, we were at best ordinary, at worst atrocious. I imagine once football restarts we are going to have a vastly different squad, possibly with less money to spend on it. Do you honestly believe he can deliver in that situation, considering the abject shite for most of this season? The best we can hope for is top 4, and given he was scraping that with a probably stronger squad, that's far from certain. 

Ultimately what any of us think doesn't matter, as Nelms will stick by him no matter how shite it gets. 

On the plus side, we'll have cool AF strips. 

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Until a couple of half decent results before the entire fucking world went tits up, we were at best ordinary, at worst atrocious. I imagine once football restarts we are going to have a vastly different squad, possibly with less money to spend on it. Do you honestly believe he can deliver in that situation, considering the abject shite for most of this season? The best we can hope for is top 4, and given he was scraping that with a probably stronger squad, that's far from certain. 

Ultimately what any of us think doesn't matter, as Nelms will stick by him no matter how shite it gets. 

Did you not state you've not been to Dens in years at some point? Could be making that up. If so though, you should be more positive than all of us ya b*****d! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Everyone is in the same boat and all will have less money to spend next season, we might actually be better than most because of our insurance policy.

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Did you not state you've not been to Dens in years at some point? Could be making that up. If so though, you should be more positive than all of us ya b*****d! :lol:

Aye but i had something like 20-odd years of regular attendance prior to that so negativity is pretty much ingrained 😂

This includes seeing most of the Kernaghan season. f**k me that was murder. 

Just now, johnnydun said:

Everyone is in the same boat and all will have less money to spend next season, we might actually be better than most because of our insurance policy.

A lot will depend on which clubs retain which managers. Anyone able to form a squad of relative jobbers into a hard to beat outfit is going to be absolute gold the longer this goes on and skinter clubs get. I just don't think McPake is, or will ever be that good a manager. I feel he was thrown in far too early and should have had longer coaching the younger players and gradually learning off a more experience guy, but that's by-the-by now. Berra was one player who seemed to come in and make a difference but there's surely no danger we'll still have him next season. 

36 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

We were very inconsistent last season, one month we were good, the next we were pish. We began getting bigger streaks of consistency as the league prices, and by the end when McPake had the players he wanted, we entered a good run of form that was sadly cut short.

I'm not expecting the invincibles, but I could see notable progress being made by McPake throughout the season, and believe that he will certainly be a better manager next season that he was this season through what he's learned. I think he is good at seeing what the club needs to improve, as is demonstrated by his work on the January window that I was very disappointed by at the time but now appreciate more.

For every fan it's all about faith, and you either have it or you don't. If you think top 4 is our best possible achievement then clearly you don't have the same faith as I do, which is cool. But I will not accept mockery for having faith right now. If we end up nowhere near the title race next season I'll happily eat my words, but until then I'm keeping the faith if nobody else is. 

I'm glad we can agree on the kits though.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee