All things Dundee FC

On 09/05/2020 at 11:12, Shadow Play said:

Today’s Courier.  I’m going to put the Glen Kamara deal into the “not so good deal” category.

I fully understand we were desperate to bring in the £50k to allow McIntyre to, ahem, strengthen the team but long term I think it reinforces the belief that low bids will be accepted at Dens. *

* I know his contract was running out but sometimes you have to write off money in the short term for the good of the business long term.

Is that really fair?  He was coming to us anyway so it was £50 in Jan or nothing.

On 08/05/2020 at 21:53, johnnydun said:

How much?

£120k a month last I read.

Your biggest issue with competing with Hearts next season, barring a release clause, is Liam Boyce.

Edited by RandomGuy.

11 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

£50? you robbing bunch of scum, no surprise there then.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Is that really fair?  He was coming to us anyway so it was £50 in Jan or nothing.

Hes a dumpling but £50 is definitely paying below the odds

Dees, eh?  Never miss a trick.  If only John 'big hitter' Nelms so on the ball.

Apologies in advance if I've missed this on another thread, but what are Dees' fans views on the section of the dossier from The Rangers which says - 

"On Saturday 11 April, JN contacted the CEO of Partick Thistle and offered to negotiate deals with Dundee United and Raith Rovers to forgo some of their fee payments in order that more could be made available to Partick Thistle and Stranraer.  He also discussed the possibility of friendlies with "big hitters".

It goes on to say that JN had a similar conversation with the chairman of Stranraer.

There are a number of possible explanations for this.

1.  These conversations were invented by The Rangers.  However, that doesn't seem likely.  You would have expected PT or Stranraer to have issued denials by now if that was the case.

2.   These conversations were invented by the CEO of Partick Thistle and the chairman of Stranraer.  You would expect JN to have said something by now if that's the case.

3.  The conversations between JN and Neil Doncaster on the Friday/Saturday gave JN the authority to sound out PT/Stranraer to see if they would be tempted by that kind of offer.  It's a conspiracy theorist's wet dream, but surely not plausible.

4.  JN came up with this notion off the top of his head.  

I think the answer must be 4, in which case your man is a rocket.  However, the floor is open to you guys if you have a better answer.

In a sense it is all academic but I am genuinely intrigued.  

Apologies in advance if I've missed this on another thread, but what are Dees' fans views on the section of the dossier from The Rangers which says - 
"On Saturday 11 April, JN contacted the CEO of Partick Thistle and offered to negotiate deals with Dundee United and Raith Rovers to forgo some of their fee payments in order that more could be made available to Partick Thistle and Stranraer.  He also discussed the possibility of friendlies with "big hitters".
It goes on to say that JN had a similar conversation with the chairman of Stranraer.
1.  These conversations were invented by The Rangers.  However, that doesn't seem likely.  You would have expected PT or Stranraer to have issued denials by now if that was the case.
2.   These conversations were invented by the CEO of Partick Thistle and the chairman of Stranraer.  You would expect JN to have said something by now if that's the case.
3.  The conversations between JN and Neil Doncaster on the Friday/Saturday gave JN the authority to sound out PT/Stranraer to see if they would be tempted by that kind of offer.  It's a conspiracy theorist's wet dream, but surely not plausible.
I think the answer must be 4, in which case your man is a rocket.  However, the floor is open to you guys if you have a better answer.

In my opinion, he’s a rocket, end of. I’ve no idea or interest in the why’s or wherefore’s but he made a right arse of the ‘vote’.

6 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

4 but not so much there and then. He had already touted the idea of a Premiership game in the US (I think he wanted it to be a 'big hitter' like Celtic to maximise TV and money. Goes all the way back to 2015).  Wouldnt surprise me if he thought his big chance had arrived again.  For Doncaster, I would reckon given the current situation, such an idea  (if ever mentioned) would be looked at as a kite-flying irrelevance. Sounds like Nelms running his own wee dream past people.

On 08/05/2020 at 16:03, LiamDFC said:

Hiya eindhovendee,

Due to the quality of your paintings (and your kind words), I've gone ahead and picked your hero to draw. Not young Jocky, though, as I'm too young to remember him play for the Dee.  Woudln't be able to do him justice.

Instead, I've drawn him as I remember him at his best — cutting through the skies, jetpack on back and Leigh Griffiths in hand, getting everycunt telt in the process. Bit of a double-whammy, this ane. Going to give this a rest for a while now, will be back in a week with the next edition.

Have a good weekend a'bdy.

bigjock.jpg

That is absolutely fantastic, well played. 

On 08/05/2020 at 22:59, Day of the Lords said:

. I feel he was thrown in far too early and should have had longer coaching the younger players and gradually learning off a more experience guy, 

Think this is the case with allot of managers, with clubs going for the cheaper option. Can only be a good thing if a manager serves his "apprenticeship" by taking on coaching roles before going for the big job. 

18 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Dead Man's Shoes GIF | Gfycat

Great film.