All things Dundee FC

Barry Smith in his recent podcast interview with 'Walkin' Doon the Provie Road' said that when he was sacked there was a someone running the show that was more interested in himself than the club.

Scot-Gardiner-Dundee-Chief-Executive.jpg

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I see the Tele has us pathetically linked with Swanson, thoughts? (No, Randomguy, I am not intereted in your opinion).

Along with the 'No DABs at Dens' rule.

It's a no from me.

f**k no. Ghost of his former self.

On the topic of 'No DABs at Dens', I wanted to query whether people perhaps might be interested in us looking at Paul Watson, considering Eric Nicolson threw this up:

Received plenty of praise for his ability and it would be a convenient move for the player you'd imagine. Considering it's highly unlikely we'll see Berra return and with Meekings' contract set to expire soon too, I'm curious if Watson would be an ex-DAB Dees might consider a good signing despite his previous club.

I'd potentially have Swanson. As much as he's a wee dick, he could bring some excitement and has the ability to unlock defences when most sit 11 behind the ball. Paul Watson is 100% no for me. He and McGhee were Falkirk's pairing as they got relegated. We need someone that could be an able partner to McGhee or if we play a 3 an experienced leader to lead Forster to not have an absolute nightmare.

McPake seems to be best mates with Ben Turner (Based on his Simon Ferry interview) and was after him previously. With him being out of contract, this might be the ideal time to swoop if Berra is a no go.

I'd potentially have Swanson. As much as he's a wee dick, he could bring some excitement and has the ability to unlock defences when most sit 11 behind the ball. Paul Watson is 100% no for me. He and McGhee were Falkirk's pairing as they got relegated. We need someone that could be an able partner to McGhee or if we play a 3 an experienced leader to lead Forster to not have an absolute nightmare.
McPake seems to be best mates with Ben Turner (Based on his Simon Ferry interview) and was after him previously. With him being out of contract, this might be the ideal time to swoop if Berra is a no go.

Pretty sure Paul Watson was at Dundee Utd last season and wasn’t at Falkirk.

McDaid ripped him a new hole in the 5-0 game at Tannadice.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty sure Paul Watson was at Dundee Utd last season and wasn’t at Falkirk.

McDaid ripped him a new hole in the 5-0 game at Tannadice.

Right enough! It's still a definite no for me.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Can see Berra staying, IMO.

I'd hope for the same, but with another year on his contract at Hearts, them almost certainly coming down and competing as title rivals, and having proved his ability is still definitely there at the Championship level, I can't see it.

Berra, Turner, Mullen, a quality goalkeeper (Better than Hazard) & a winger (Crankshaw for another season?) and we'd have a shot at challenging Hearts IMO.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'd hope for the same, but with another year on his contract at Hearts, them almost certainly coming down and competing as title rivals, and having proved his ability is still definitely there at the Championship level, I can't see it.

They might need to cut costs/manager doesn't like him.

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

Stefan Scougall has been released. Seemed a very promising talent until he turned up to St Johnstone and flopped.

Playing in front of pathetic crowds in a soulless stadium has that effect on some people.

5 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Berra, Turner, Mullen, a quality goalkeeper (Better than Hazard) & a winger (Crankshaw for another season?) and we'd have a shot at challenging Hearts IMO.

Totally agree on Berra, would personally be happy with Turner and Mullen, I still think Hazard is more than capable myself but maybe that's just me, and I wouldn't mind bringing back Crankshaw.

41 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Stefan Scougall has been released. Seemed a very promising talent until he turned up to St Johnstone and flopped.

I'm an unashamed fanboy, but hes far too weak for the senior game. Clearly quality but literally cant beat anyone as they just need to push him and he crumbles.

Swanson would be a quality signing for you, FWIW.

Edited by RandomGuy.

30 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He's better than what we have and a likeable guy, but he's still not a top flight or even a top end Championship level keeper IMO.

3 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

He's better than what we have and a likeable guy, but he's still not a top flight or even a top end Championship level keeper IMO.

Understand that, just throwing things at the wall over here. Are there any other potential targets for the GK role that should be considered?