All things Dundee FC

On 12/05/2020 at 14:25, Dele said:

That's nice. 

Have St Johnstone released him? 

Contract is due to expire this Summer so you would guess he would be free to leave, but hard to really know when we dont have a manager.

Few folk in our fanbase have named the players who have apparently been offered new deals, and he doesnt appear on any list.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Contract is due to expire this Summer so you would guess he would be free to leave, but hard to really know when we dont have a manager.

Few folk in our fanbase have named the players who have apparently been offered new deals, and he doesnt appear on any list.

James McPake had an interview on DeeTV and it might have just been me, but it seemed heavily implied that we've signed him.

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

James McPake had an interview on DeeTV and it might have just been me, but it seemed heavily implied that we've signed him.

He basically all but said it. Callachan will almost assuredly be a Dee next season, whenever that is. Better be up for getting it right up his beloved Hearts when we win the league.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

Guess he done quite well for you lot then?

Glad he got fixed up if it is true, a young player suffering a serious injury could easily have been lost to the game this particular Summer if theyd gone too long without looking like getting a new club.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The game he broke his leg in he absolutely bossed the pitch. All his other apps were fine at best imo, but he's the type of box-to-box MFs McPake seems to like, so hopefully he can get better luck if he does join us.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Glad he got fixed up if it is true, a young player suffering a serious injury could easily have been lost to the game this particular Summer if theyd gone too long without looking like getting a new club.

We needed a midfielder to give us a bit of bite in midfield to allow the likes of McGowan &  Dorrans focus on just spraying the ball about and trying to create chances. He was absolutely excellent in his limited appearances at doing that.

Running around like a headless chicken booting people.
Every team needs one. IMO.
Thank you.
eta. You watched the second part of Real Kashmir? [mention=17349]Fifespud[/mention]

Didn’t know about it! Cheers Biggie, that’s on the list for this weekend!

Had a soft spot for Hertha for years, for my sins. 

No all that different to following Dundee tbh. There's the odd season where there's a bit of overachievement and you think they might push on and take the next step, but it invariably turns to shit, usually involves a relegation and huge turmoil behind the scenes, before finally settling into a five year period of stability but mediocrity.

The latest never-ending Hertha cycle appears to be starting off the season reasonably well, threatening the European places, before having a precipitous collapse mid-season, plummeting down the table, flirting with relegation, before finishing strongly to seize a safe but completely mundane 11th-12th place finish.

Screwed that pattern up this season though by just being shite straight from the get-go.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Just watched. I’d love to see him managing at Dens. Such passion.

I reckon he'd lose a Scottish dressing room within about a week of a normal season. Seems to be struggling to deal with Kallum Higginbotham in the new doc.