All things Dundee FC

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

Isn’t some of his salary going through the  books at Dundee or is it Nelms? Might have got them mixed up. Did Nelms offer to take a pay cut?

Keyes is the owner. Nelms is the CEO. Dunno if he's taken a pay cut. I imagine he has. There's nothing been announced but I wouldn't expect him to mention it even if he has.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Has he left the police now? 

Don't think so. Says in his interview that he'd be happy to work at Dundee for free as he has income from another job which I assume is still the police.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-youth-coaches-willing-to-work-for-free-to-help-academy-through-coronavirus-crisis/

9 minutes ago, Girth said:

Dark Blue Nation...

I've got to be honest with you... I'll need more convincing.

On a side note, if Kano goes, I fucking hope there isn't a clause in his contract letting him walk away for nothing.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

29 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

On a side note, if Kano goes, I fucking hope there isn't a clause in his contract letting him walk away for nothing.

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
29 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If we invoke Clause 12 he can.

Er, yeah, that's the entire point here Ross. If you ask him to take a wage cut and he declines then you have two choices, honour the contract as is or suspend him under Clause 12, in which case he absolutely is free to walk away wherever he wants.

Of course it might be mutually agreed to allow him to leave on condition of a fee of £x instead but he's under no obligation to agree to that. If Dundee don't follow the threat through that's a massive slap in the face to the players and staff who have taken a wage cut though.

Obviously when I say that I do so with the belief that we won't enact the clause. Was more thinking if he was to leave under current circumstances, while his contract was still in effect. Would you believe me if I think that the papers, shock of shocks, sensationalised the story to increase attention? The papers made it out that the players were given just one days' notice, whereas the club confirmed it was in fact over weeks of conversations. I believe that Clause 12 would have been brought up as a last resort option, not as an ultimatum. I still hold hope that something will be worked out yet, but if not then good riddance to him.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Obviously when I say that I do so with the belief that we won't enact the clause. Was more thinking if he was to leave under current circumstances, while his contract was still in effect. Would you believe me if I think that the papers, shock of shocks, sensationalised the story to increase attention? The papers made it out that the players were given just one days' notice, whereas the club confirmed it was in fact over weeks of conversations. I believe that Clause 12 would have been brought up as a last resort option, not as an ultimatum. I still hold hope that something will be worked out yet, but if not then good riddance to him.

Why good riddance?

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Why good riddance?

Because I'm in a bad mood.

In all seriousness though, I will have lost a fair amount of respect for the man considering the sacrifices people on less than he's raking in have made. Not that he could possibly give a shit of course lol.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Because I'm in a bad mood.

In all seriousness though, I will have lost a fair amount of respect for the man considering the sacrifices people on less than he's raking in have made. Not that he could possibly give a shit of course lol.

Stop being a dick.

If he is losing wages through no fault of his own and is getting more money elsewhere why would you hate the man for it ?

Crazy talk .

If he stays great. If he dosnt then fair enough 

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Stop being a dick.

If he is losing wages through no fault of his own and is getting more money elsewhere why would you hate the man for it ?

Crazy talk .

If he stays great. If he dosnt then fair enough 

That's a way of spinning I suppose.

I'm not hating anyone here, but I will (and I think it's as justifiable as my increased respect for the other players) lose respect for the man, though again, that means very little.

I really hope things work out, but I'll not be misty-eyed if he does go.